Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How good is Lewis Hamilton?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

How good is Lewis Hamilton?

And how bad is Nico?

Anyway. Lewis is one race away from matching Senna. In wins. In the same number of starts.
    Amazing considering he went through three + years of Redbull dominance.

And Nico is blowing up engines trying to keep up. That little ****** is way off pace. Doesn't belong in F1. He's more like a gentlemen racer. Not a pro.
    Perez , verstapen, bottas, massa, hulkenberg, all drivers that could outpace rossberg in that seat. I'm sure there's more. But he's clearly not up to the task of competing with Hamilton.
    Last edited by cornishbrooksy; 07-09-2015 at 00:23.
    Just a Salty old Bastard
    Don't take it personal

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I didn't watch the race today. However, I got it on my dvr

I'll check out the race once my wife goes to bed. I did notice on my F1 app that Hamilton won & I saw Nico got a DNF.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR (w/HDR Game Mode)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    First chicane has nicos number. No doubt he's over revving on down shifts into HEAVY breaking zones.
    Blew out the reliable 15 engine and a new 16 motor almost instantly. Meanwhile, Lewis is cruising while providing valuable data to the team on 2016 engine. Nico's way over his head.
    Just a Salty old Bastard
    Don't take it personal

Platform
    PS4
    Hamilton is as good as his car.
    I dont consider him a special or outstanding driver, only lucky to be in such a good car.
    Hülkenberg, Alonso and Vettel are a lot better in my opinion.
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravit8 View Post
    And how bad is Nico?

Anyway. Lewis is one race away from matching Senna. In wins. In the same number of starts.
    Amazing considering he went through three + years of Redbull dominance.

And Nico is blowing up engines trying to keep up. That little ****** is way off pace. Doesn't belong in F1. He's more like a gentlemen racer. Not a pro.
    Perez , verstapen, bottas, massa, hulkenberg, all drivers that could outpace rossberg in that seat. I'm sure there's more. But he's clearly not up to the task of competing with Hamilton.
    Watch you language please.

On my opinion of it, i do believe he is a very good driver, one of the quick ones up with the greats of the sport. Of course part of his dominance this year and last has been the car....but he has always (apart from 1 season with Button i believe), outperformed his teammate in equivalent cars.

Nico is by no means slow, but he doesn't have an answer for Lewis when Lewis is in a good mood (emotional guy i know), he's pretty much unbeatable. I just remember back to his McLaren days where a lot of his overtaking moves were sublime, and his race craft is very good indeed. He just hasn't had that much opportunity to show it recently when his car is always at the front.
    | Intel i7 6770k Skylake 4.0GHz | Maximus VIII Formula | GEForce GTX 1080 | 32Gb DDR4 2133MHz Ram | Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD | 2 x WD 2Tb 7200RPM Data Drive | Corsair 850W PSU (Modular) | WIN 10 Pro 64 Bit | 34" Dell U3415W 21:9 3440x1440 Ultrawide | 24" Samsung 1080p side monitor |
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mad LL, Roger Prynne

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I saw Nico engine blew with a couple laps left. Wow. It was smoking hot, pun intended
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR (w/HDR Game Mode)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink_650S View Post
    Hamilton is as good as his car.
    I dont consider him a special or outstanding driver, only lucky to be in such a good car.
    Hülkenberg, Alonso and Vettel are a lot better in my opinion.
    But you can't prove it. At the end of the day, because of the politics. All we have is the numbers.
    Gotta do what you can when you can. He's done it the best so far. And he's been held back cause most don't like his attitude. Including me.

Yes switch the cars up and it plays out different. But who's to say what would happen. His numbers remain fact.
    His stolen victories remain fact. Nico destroyed remains fact.
    Just a Salty old Bastard
    Don't take it personal

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by cornishbrooksy View Post
    Watch you language please.

On my opinion of it, i do believe he is a very good driver, one of the quick ones up with the greats of the sport. Of course part of his dominance this year and last has been the car....but he has always (apart from 1 season with Button i believe), outperformed his teammate in equivalent cars.

Nico is by no means slow, but he doesn't have an answer for Lewis when Lewis is in a good mood (emotional guy i know), he's pretty much unbeatable. I just remember back to his McLaren days where a lot of his overtaking moves were sublime, and his race craft is very good indeed. He just hasn't had that much opportunity to show it recently when his car is always at the front.
    Yeah. My names not hkraft. And I'm not meaning to get my own thread closed. Not directed at anyone.
    Is this policy new? Or newly enforced. Should I pay more attention around here?
    Was it the s word? Or did I say tw.... I believe that's what hkraft referred to .......

Edit: I believe the offending word to be wan___
    Really? Is that a seriously offensive word. Not my side of pond. But does it mean something else like a human appendage or something? Chose that word as it seemed pretty tame. But I'm American. Not British.
    Last edited by Gravit8; 10-09-2015 at 21:23.
    Just a Salty old Bastard
    Don't take it personal

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravit8 View Post
    But you can't prove it. At the end of the day, because of the politics. All we have is the numbers.
    Gotta do what you can when you can. He's done it the best so far. And he's been held back cause most don't like his attitude. Including me.

Yes switch the cars up and it plays out different. But who's to say what would happen. His numbers remain fact.
    His stolen victories remain fact. Nico destroyed remains fact.
    If l go by your rules, yes l can prove that Sebastian is better. 4 titles. Numbers.

Lewis has just become such an unlikeable person. But as soon as TV cameras are there he puts on his facade, dropping those generic racedriver statements. I really liked him when he was at McLaren, Ron Dennis kept him on the ground. Now he's above us all, including his fans

Btw, the 90's called, they want their hair color back.
    Last edited by Pink_650S; 07-09-2015 at 01:41.
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL
    The following 6 users likes this Post: bobbylion, F1Aussie, Invincible, llll DEMON IIII, Raven403

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink_650S View Post
    If l go by your rules, yes l can prove that Sebastian is better. 4 titles. Numbers.

Lewis has just become such an unlikeable person. But as soon as TV cameras are there he puts on his facade, dropping those generic racedriver statements. I really liked him when he was at McLaren, Ron Dennis kept him on the ground. Now he's above us all, including his fans

Btw, the 90's called, they want their hair color back.
    Haha. Hamilton soon to have three. 4 the year following if Mercedes don't sack Nico.

But cherry picking the one number devalues the greater whole that Hamilton has amassed. Your certainly not arguing vettels better than raikonen are you? Other than maybe qualifying.

Because.......wait for it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	217579
    Just a Salty old Bastard
    Don't take it personal