Page 804 of 804 FirstFirst ... 304704754794802803804
Results 8,031 to 8,039 of 8039

Thread: Lets talk FFB PC, PS4, XBox1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Make sure your audio set up for card your using with Simvibe is set to quadrophonic mode. Then choose extension mode since your using one buttkicker and see if that helps(trying to remember because I had same issues setting mine up). Also for startup, start game in steam 1st then go to sim commander and select your game to link it up...at least with PC2.
    Last edited by Makman43; 20-11-2017 at 13:25.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, Haiden, tennenbaum

Platform
    PC
    The up coming race room Patch Looks very Promising-->They are finally making it 64bit!!! This will Improve R3E in Every way it wont be limited to just using 4GB of RAM-->VR will get a Nice improvement from this update also...Below is a Quote from the update Notes post. Very Exciting News here R3E feels really Good as it is ---> I suggest read the full post then what are your thoughts about the Changes....The Pressure is definitely on for the king of the Sim racing game crown!!!

https://forum.sector3studios.com/ind...7-update.9633/

"64bits
    After the patch you will be able to choose between a 64bits executable or the traditional 32bits version. Provided that your operating system is 64bits, selecting the 64bits executable will allow the game to use as much RAM as it needs from your system, instead of the limited access to 4GB of the 32bits version.
    Until now, the game was limited to use under 4GB of your available RAM, resulting in crashes when you attempted to load many cars on a big track like the Nürburgring Nordschleife.
    After the update this will no longer be an issue for 64bit users.
    NOTE: You need a 64-bit operating system and sufficient available RAM (4 GB+) to fully benefit from this update."
    OS: Win 10 64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A M5 | CPU: i5-6600k 3.5GHz | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: Samsung QLED 55iin Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat RS1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    The up coming race room Patch Looks very Promising-->They are finally making it 64bit!!! This will Improve R3E in Every way it wont be limited to just using 4GB of RAM-->VR will get a Nice improvement from this update also...Below is a Quote from the update Notes post. Very Exciting News here R3E feels really Good as it is ---> I suggest read the full post then what are your thoughts about the Changes....The Pressure is definitely on for the king of the Sim racing game crown!!!

https://forum.sector3studios.com/ind...7-update.9633/

"64bits
    After the patch you will be able to choose between a 64bits executable or the traditional 32bits version. Provided that your operating system is 64bits, selecting the 64bits executable will allow the game to use as much RAM as it needs from your system, instead of the limited access to 4GB of the 32bits version.
    Until now, the game was limited to use under 4GB of your available RAM, resulting in crashes when you attempted to load many cars on a big track like the Nürburgring Nordschleife.
    After the update this will no longer be an issue for 64bit users.
    NOTE: You need a 64-bit operating system and sufficient available RAM (4 GB+) to fully benefit from this update."
    64 bit and the 360 wheel animations are very welcome. The half wheel animations are one of the reasons I don't play R3E as often as others. The GT3 updates sound very nice as well. Hopefully, sounds like they will also improve the FFB in those cars, which is another welcome change. R3E has always had mediocre FFB to me. Not bad, but on the lower end of my list.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | Samsung 46"| GT Omega ART | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    64 bit and the 360 wheel animations are very welcome. The half wheel animations are one of the reasons I don't play R3E as often as others. The GT3 updates sound very nice as well. Hopefully, sounds like they will also improve the FFB in those cars, which is another welcome change. R3E has always had mediocre FFB to me. Not bad, but on the lower end of my list.
    I have the Exact opposite opinion about R3E FFB... Once i found My FFB settings I actually think its really Good ---> in Fact Its Pcars2 that let Me know just How Good R3E FFB Really is...The FFB in R3E seems Crisper/Sharper or tad more Nuanced and Detailed.

Its Not that Pcars 2 FFB is Bad its just Not the Golden Standard for FFB --> well at least Not yet --> Maybe after a Few updates it could be .

FFB feel Pcars2 & R3E are Toe to Toe IMO with AC & Forza Toe to Toe!!! all of them are Good No one is better than the other--> But they all have their Strong /weak spots.

Edit: the Fact that you can adjust the FFB Gain per Car in R3E and AC and Pcars2 does Not have that FFB per Car Fine tuning feature is a Huge Negative for Pcars2 --> Hooefully that feature will get added in with a update.

Edit: This is also the reason i may skip this generation of DD wheels --> Sim Racing games are just Not to the point where they demand a DD for best performance and feel.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 22-11-2017 at 11:22.
    OS: Win 10 64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A M5 | CPU: i5-6600k 3.5GHz | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: Samsung QLED 55iin Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat RS1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    I have the Exact opposite opinion about R3E FFB... Once i found My FFB settings I actually think its really Good ---> in Fact Its Pcars2 that let Me know just How Good R3E FFB Really is...The FFB in R3E seems Crisper/Sharper or tad more Nuanced and Detailed.

Its Not that Pcars 2 FFB is Bad its just Not the Golden Standard for FFB --> well at least Not yet --> Maybe after a Few updates it could be .

FFB feel Pcars2 & R3E are Toe to Toe IMO with AC & Forza Toe to Toe!!! all of them are Good No one is better than the other--> But they all have their Strong /weak spots.

Edit: the Fact that you can adjust the FFB Gain per Car in R3E and AC and Pcars2 does Not have that FFB per Car Fine tuning feature is a Huge Negative for Pcars2 --> Hooefully that feature will get added in with a update.

Edit: This is also the reason i may skip this generation of DD wheels --> Sim Racing games are just Not to the point where they demand a DD for best performance and feel.
    Don't get me wrong, R3E is great. I just think the FFB is a little weak compared to AC and rF2. I don't think PCars2 FFB is going to get any better. It's too deep an issue to fix in updates and patches. I also don't think SMS sees anything wrong it. And that's fine. They just take a different approach to FFB. But it's huge improvement over PCars1, so I venture to guess they will make another leap forward in PCars3, and that might bring it a lot closer to AC/rF2 standard.

Sorry... AC & Forza being toe to toe is just a strange statement to me. I can enjoy Forza for what it is (and can do the same with GT Sport), but I don't consider either to be in the same class as rF2, AC, or R3E. But, to each his own. We all have our favorites for a variety of reasons.

Edit: If you tried a DD, I think you might change your mind. Not about getting one, but about them not being at a point where they can deliver higher fidelity. Again, I don't think it's a pace blowing change. But if you thought the jump from V2 to V2.5 was a major improvement, then I honestly don't see how you wouldn't feel even more of an improvement in fidelity with the jump from belt to DD. The better range and fidelity is there. That's not really something for debate. It's been tested on a variety of DD bases. Whether or not you want one is a different story. I don't think need is the right word. No one needs a Fanatec wheel for sim racing, it's just something you want. Same with DDs.
    Last edited by Haiden; 22-11-2017 at 12:52.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | Samsung 46"| GT Omega ART | BK Gamer2

The following user likes this Post: tennenbaum

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    me too. the half wheel animation is just too odd. Especially in VR. And the GUI is very "dry". Though I'd like to get more familiar with the game.
    T300RS EVO599, T3PApro, TH8shifter, Win 10, Strix Z270E, 2x8 GB DDR4-2666, CPU i7-7700 4.200 (oc 4.600), EVGA GPU 1080ti (oc 1.920), Rift, BK Gamer 2, Sony 4K A1 65", playseat challenge, PS4pro, PSVR, & a 50 cables mess

Platform
    PC
    with the Last TV (Samsung 48in 4k Curved) I was running the Buttkickers straight from the TV 3.5mm head phone jack and every thing lined up spot on... I upgraded to a Samsung 55in QLED 4k Curved TV and it does Not have 3.5mm head phone out put jack so Now i run the Buttkickers from the Astro A40 Mix amp and again all Sound and Rumble Line up spot on -->In both cases i use the Optical audio for sound output to head phones .

are you running all audio from the PC??? or are you using TV for audio and PC for Buttkickers??? If the Latter is the case your TV/PC should have settings to sync the audio to external devices ---> the Audio delay issue is a commom problem when using multiple devices for audio/Signal output.
    Here some of my findings, thoughts and solutions regarding my SimVibe experiences, plus some annoying Rift issues: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1428053

Briefly: If all works eventually together it's great. - But far from convenient to set up and start every time... And i love my buttkicker (with SimVibe)

BTW: Yes, the sound delay is much less (thus better) using the audio out (to earphones) of the TV set (via HDMI), than the AV receiver toslink to loudspeaker signal chain. I assume best would be an AV Receiver with 4K HDR HDMI in/out... $$$... ;-(

What's next? Full motion rig? Hell no :-) Next pCars2 patch would be better!
    Last edited by tennenbaum; 22-11-2017 at 23:09.
    T300RS EVO599, T3PApro, TH8shifter, Win 10, Strix Z270E, 2x8 GB DDR4-2666, CPU i7-7700 4.200 (oc 4.600), EVGA GPU 1080ti (oc 1.920), Rift, BK Gamer 2, Sony 4K A1 65", playseat challenge, PS4pro, PSVR, & a 50 cables mess
    The following user likes this Post: Haiden

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenbaum View Post
    me too. the half wheel animation is just too odd. Especially in VR. And the GUI is very "dry". Though I'd like to get more familiar with the game.
    It's worth it. It was my go-to sim for quite some time after I shelved PCars1. The AI can be pretty competitive and fun, very human like. You can even increase the chances of them making an error by putting pressure on them. It also has a few tracks not present in AC and other titles. Just make sure you buy the content through the game, and not through Steam. The game will grant you discounts based on your current inventory. So if you already own three cars in a GT3 pack you're about to purchase, it will apply a discount for the cost of the cars you already own. I don't think that happens if you purchase them through Steam.

It's not as pretty as PCars or AC. The graphics are more comparable to rF2. But I believe it's the best sim available for overall race experience, as it allows you to apply all rules for specifics classes, when it comes to pits, refueling, number of races, qualification, and flags. I don't know any other sim with such a comprehensive working rule set.

Platform
    PC
    Just saw Fanatec's new McLaren rim. Very nice--F1 style dual clutch option and more.

It's only $169 for the Black Friday sale, so I'm going to go ahead and pre-order. Also, it's looking like there are more accessories like this coming down the pipe, so budget-wise, the V2.5 is looking like a better option right now.