Page 755 of 759 FirstFirst ... 255655705745753754755756757 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,550 of 7590

Thread: Lets talk FFB PC, PS4, XBox1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    Not sure what refresh rate has to do with the number of steps in the force curve.
    While that may be a Good Question... For Me the Question that should be answered is why wouldnt the Refresh rate have something to do with the Force Curve.

Point still Remains that at a certain point Excessive power has Diminishing Returns---> in order to run 1 High the other Must be turned Down.... We cant even use the 8Nm wheels at 100% with out turning down GM FFB or Similar setting to reduce the power so the wheel is comfortable to use....

The other Key Question is what would be considered the Minimum Nm to get the Best FFB experience<--- Answer Unknown<---- its like chasing the Pcars FFB Unicorn again.
    OS: Win 10 64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A M5 | CPU: i5-6600k 3.5GHz | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Recovery HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: Samsung UHD 48in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat RS1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Ok so we All agree on Hz/Refresh rates Good...

Ok so if what your sating about power is true the we Need wheels that are infinitly powerful....Yup thats Ridiculouse i know.... Excessive power eventually becomes a point of Diminishing returns because to turn the wheel uo you have to turn the Game FFB Down or Vise Versa.... So at what Nm is enough to get maximum FFB feel??? No one knows or even has a Clue---> if so there would be forums and Guidlines about it.... We cant even Race with the wheels we have at full power.... I think once you get over 6 to 8Nm the whole DD more power thing is just a figment of our Imagination---> Sort of lime chasing the Ocars FFB unicorn again... Also Remember along with the Refreash rate the wheels electronics have to be able to pick up todays broader range of FFB signals... Sort of like watching a HD movie on a old tube TV yes the pucture will play But it will only display the range of signal that it can pick up/Decipher.... Older wheels vs New current gen wheels operate on the same principal.

@8Nm you may set GM FFB @100%
    @16 Nm you may set GM FFB @50%
    If both wheel have same refresh rate and steering resolution they will both have same FFB fidelity just 1 will have more total power.... The steps between 0 and 100% power for Both wheels will be exactly the same due to both having same refresh rate... only diff is the stronger will add 2x the power for every step in the FFB ramp up process.... The only way stronger would be Clearly better is if by default stronger Nm motors have Higher refresh rates.

Its only Human though...Once we have power we alwats want more power.... Its just the way things go...LOL

You are looking at the strength(nm) as purely overall strength. That's not the whole story its a bigger range of forces available regardless of where you set the overall power level. You don't really think bodnar offers a 20nm and 30nm motor for nothing do you? Same goes for the osw the most common is 20 and 30nm motors. With many going for the bigger motor now. I don't understand how you could possibly think the wheels in your example would feel exactly the same. The refresh rate has nothing to do with how many forces a wheel can reproduce only that it wont miss them which are two totally different things.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus VIII hero / CPU: intel i7 6700k unlocked / RAM: G SKILL 32GB DDR4 3000 / COOLING: corsair h100 v2 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080 / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb/wd black 2tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega PC Racer/T300 with Heusinkveld pro pedals / MONITOR: 70" SONY TV / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: Haiden

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    You are looking at the strength(nm) as purely overall strength. That's not the whole story its a bigger range of forces available regardless of where you set the overall power level. You don't really think bodnar offers a 20nm and 30nm motor for nothing do you? Same goes for the osw the most common is 20 and 30nm motors. With many going for the bigger motor now. I don't understand how you could possibly think the wheels in your example would feel exactly the same. The refresh rate has nothing to do with how many forces a wheel can reproduce only that it wont miss them which are two totally different things.
    Yes i believe that they will have the same "Usable FFB Range" but there will be Diff in only total FFB power... 8, 14, 20, 30 Nm None of them can you use at 100%FFB power and Race comfortably... Well unless your He Man LOL

I cant wrap My head around your theory so your just gonna have to explain How more power equals better FFB feel abd fidelity.... and No im Not trying to be thick hlHeaded or Argumentitive.... I really cant see how once you have a wheel thats already too strong to use at 100% that even more power can be useful....Explain this theory to Me Help Me understand.
    OS: Win 10 64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A M5 | CPU: i5-6600k 3.5GHz | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Recovery HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: Samsung UHD 48in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat RS1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2.
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Yes i believe that they will have the same "Usable FFB Range" but there will be Diff in only total FFB power... 8, 14, 20, 30 Nm None of them can you use at 100%FFB power and Race comfortably... Well unless your He Man LOL

I cant wrap My head around your theory so your just gonna have to explain How more power equals better FFB feel abd fidelity.... and No im Not trying to be thick hlHeaded or Argumentitive.... I really cant see how once you have a wheel thats already too strong to use at 100% that even more power can be useful....Explain this theory to Me Help Me understand.
    It was actually explained a few months ago in this thread. It's not the first time the topic has come up. I'd go through it again, but I'm on my phone between stops. But I think Morpwr makes a point you should consider. OSW, Bodnar, and the like aren't making strong motors just for kicks. Your question seems to suggest that you think they are just adding power for no reason, other than to make FFB stronger. Do you really think that the case, or is it more likely that you're just not understanding how it relates to improved fidelity?
    Mobo: MSI Z170A, M7 | CPU: i7-6700K 4.0 GHz | Cooling: Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: GTX 1080 8GB | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750G2 | Storage: Samsung 500GB SSD | Display: 55" Sony Bravia @3840X2160 | VR: Oculus Rift | Wheel: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT Universal Hub Combo | Cockpit: GT Omega ART
    Steam ID | FFB Settings | Graphic Settings | Racecraft

Platform
    PC
    Both...

Platform
    PC
    Both...
    ok I'm gonna try one more time. The stronger motor has nothing to do with overall power they use them because you get a much bigger range of forces. You can only cram so much into a 0-8nm range now if you have 0-20nm you are definitely going to feel more things happening. Refresh rate means if the wheel is supposed to do something it will. Lower refresh rate you might miss something because the wheel couldn't keep up. Your wheel upgrade is a perfect example of that. You got a higher refresh rate and you get more information now. Now just think if you had a bigger area to put more forces in(more nm). I hope I got it this time.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus VIII hero / CPU: intel i7 6700k unlocked / RAM: G SKILL 32GB DDR4 3000 / COOLING: corsair h100 v2 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080 / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb/wd black 2tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega PC Racer/T300 with Heusinkveld pro pedals / MONITOR: 70" SONY TV / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 3 users likes this Post: gotdirt410sprintcar, Haiden, Roger Prynne

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    ok I'm gonna try one more time. The stronger motor has nothing to do with overall power they use them because you get a much bigger range of forces. You can only cram so much into a 0-8nm range now if you have 0-20nm you are definitely going to feel more things happening. Refresh rate means if the wheel is supposed to do something it will. Lower refresh rate you might miss something because the wheel couldn't keep up. Your wheel upgrade is a perfect example of that. You got a higher refresh rate and you get more information now. Now just think if you had a bigger area to put more forces in(more nm). I hope I got it this time.
    Basically true, but you should consider the gameīs physics / FFB refresh or tick rate. Here in pCARS itīs 600 Hz, AC is 333 Hz for instance, so wheels running at 1000 Hz or even higher
    than this donīt really benefit. IIRC the CSW v2 runs at 500 Hz.
    System: Win 7 Ultimate 64, i7 2600 @3.4 Ghz, Asus P8P67, 8GB Corsair, GTX 570 (Driver 344.75), Samsung 2443 @ 1920x1200, Fanatec CSW V2 (FW 176, Driver 250), CSP V2, Buttkicker/SimVibe

V3.1 - FFB Tweaker Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post891198
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Haiden, morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spade View Post
    Basically true, but you should consider the gameīs physics / FFB refresh or tick rate. Here in pCARS itīs 600 Hz, AC is 333 Hz for instance, so wheels running at 1000 Hz or even higher

Hi Jack its been a while since we have seen you around here. I knew that most games aren't that fast yet but thanks for bringing that up in case someone following this didn't.
    The following user likes this Post: Jack Spade

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spade View Post
    Great point. Forgot to even consider that. Basically it's like v-sync on a 60Hz TV. Your GPU, might be capable of 120fps, but the TV is the lowest common denominator in the chain, so you're only going to get 60fps. Or a 100gb connection running through CAT5 cable. The cable limits the speed. A 1000HZ refresh rate doesn't make much difference if the game can't match it.
    Mobo: MSI Z170A, M7 | CPU: i7-6700K 4.0 GHz | Cooling: Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: GTX 1080 8GB | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750G2 | Storage: Samsung 500GB SSD | Display: 55" Sony Bravia @3840X2160 | VR: Oculus Rift | Wheel: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT Universal Hub Combo | Cockpit: GT Omega ART
    Steam ID | FFB Settings | Graphic Settings | Racecraft
    The following user likes this Post: Jack Spade

Superkart Pilot gotdirt410sprintcar's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Whats up guys have a question have you heard off steering deadzone in controller settings effecting wheels in AC ps4. If so cool never new that but if you haven't i think it does. On pc everything is the same other than brake gamma pedals settings basically. Those same settings are there on pc right.

Grimey might of got it that time morpwr! lol good explanation .
    Last edited by gotdirt410sprintcar; 20-05-2017 at 16:57.