Page 759 of 759 FirstFirst ... 259659709749757758759
Results 7,581 to 7,590 of 7590

Thread: Lets talk FFB PC, PS4, XBox1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I was Not talking about refresh rates... Read what i wrote again... I just dont see how a Stronger FFB motor equals better FFB Dynamic Range is what i said...It cant be just that simple.... If that would be the case then we would all just put stronger FFB motors in our wheels.

Nothing to fret or Stress about just simple Discussion every 1 is free to have their own point of view...
    It's just one of the things that can improve FFB
    That's all. Why does it have to be a holy grail singular thing? Lots of things influence FFB.
    Mobo: MSI Z170A, M7 | CPU: i7-6700K 4.0 GHz | Cooling: Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: GTX 1080 8GB | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750G2 | Storage: Samsung 500GB SSD | Display: 55" Sony Bravia @3840X2160 | VR: Oculus Rift | Wheel: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT Universal Hub Combo | Cockpit: GT Omega ART
    Steam ID | FFB Settings | Graphic Settings | Racecraft
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I was Not talking about refresh rates... Read what i wrote again... I just dont see how a Stronger FFB motor equals better FFB Dynamic Range is what i said...It cant be just that simple.... If that would be the case then we would all just put stronger FFB motors in our wheels.

Nothing to fret or Stress about just simple Discussion every 1 is free to have their own point of view...
    If it was that easy yes but things like power supplies make it hard to just swap motors. Plus it has to fit in the space provided. Sure other things influence it but all you have to do is look at what all wheels have in common as they get better. Stronger motors. Probably one of the reasons the v2 is still preferred over the pcracer. V2 is slightly stronger and just like the reviews stated it feels a little better. I'm not saying firmware,refresh rate don't make a difference but a stronger motor will definitely improve the range of forces . I'm done now.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus VIII hero / CPU: intel i7 6700k unlocked / RAM: G SKILL 32GB DDR4 3000 / COOLING: corsair h100 v2 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080 / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb/wd black 2tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega PC Racer/T300 with Heusinkveld pro pedals / MONITOR: 70" SONY TV / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: Haiden

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    It's just one of the things that can improve FFB
    That's all. Why does it have to be a holy grail singular thing? Lots of things influence FFB.
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    If it was that easy yes but things like power supplies make it hard to just swap motors. Plus it has to fit in the space provided. Sure other things influence it but all you have to do is look at what all wheels have in common as they get better. Stronger motors. Probably one of the reasons the v2 is still preferred over the pcracer. V2 is slightly stronger and just like the reviews stated it feels a little better. I'm not saying firmware,refresh rate don't make a difference but a stronger motor will definitely improve the range of forces . I'm done now.
    Exactly what i have been saying... Re Read My Post...Adding 1 thing without upgrading other things wont make a Big Diff.

Wheels have Gotten more powerful...The v2.5 is New Electronics and New FFB Motor.... its Not like Fanatec just added 1000Hz and thats that.... The PC racer im sure has New Electronics, New Motor.... For sure we know the power supply has been updated and optimized.... I couldnt find the refresh rate on it but its more than likely Higher than the T300/TX458.
    Also the Drivers and FW have gotten Much better as the Wheel electronics have been upgraded the wheels are able to process more info... This was and is My point-->You just cant add a bigger motor and Change Nothing else and expect Expanded FFB Dynamic Range<---this is what i been saying all along

each one of us Has a Relevant point but No 1 point is more Relevant than the other because they are all Codependent on other points.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 22-05-2017 at 10:18.
    OS: Win 10 64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A M5 | CPU: i5-6600k 3.5GHz | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Recovery HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: Samsung UHD 48in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat RS1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2.
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Platform
    PC
    I had that happen with the ffb app after an update too so keep that in mind.lol I'm still working on beating the alien races in the challenges and the fastest laptimes. Its actually a lot of fun driving different stuff and some of the challenges are tough. From what I read the changes to the ai are really good. I'm in the same boat ive got a thing at the kids school tomorrow night so I'm not sure ill have a chance to try it out tomorrow.Im sure going to try though.
    You have to try the new cars in ac. I only got to try the audi tt cars and the McLaren but they where awesome!!

I really hope all the game manufacturers take advantage of that. Id buy another 1080 in a heartbeat.
    Only got a few races in last night, but it's a definite improvement. Moves that used to choke off the AI going into tight corners no longer work. They hold their line extremely well now. I set the AI to 95, variance to 5%, and aggression to 50%, then started a 10 lap race from back of the grid. I've done that many times, but this time, it took a lot more work and patience to make my way through the grid. They aren't nearly as predictable as before. The craziest surprise came when was coming up on P2, looking for a gap. Turned out, P2 actually had better pace than P1, but must have been trying to get around. With 3 or 4 laps left, I thought I was going to easily take them both, but then P2 took the lead, and then pulled away opening a huge gap while I worked to get around P2. That totally changed the last few laps and kept it competitive until the very end.

Gonna play around more today--don't go back to work until tomorrow If it's as good as it seemed last night, I probably won't be firing up any other sim for a long time, possibly not until September. The new cars are all great. The Maserati is insanely fun with that sequential shift--great handling car.
    Mobo: MSI Z170A, M7 | CPU: i7-6700K 4.0 GHz | Cooling: Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: GTX 1080 8GB | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750G2 | Storage: Samsung 500GB SSD | Display: 55" Sony Bravia @3840X2160 | VR: Oculus Rift | Wheel: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT Universal Hub Combo | Cockpit: GT Omega ART

Platform
    PC
    Only got a few races in last night, but it's a definite improvement. Moves that used to choke off the AI going into tight corners no longer work. They hold their line extremely well now. I set the AI to 95, variance to 5%, and aggression to 50%, then started a 10 lap race from back of the grid. I've done that many times, but this time, it took a lot more work and patience to make my way through the grid. They aren't nearly as predictable as before. The craziest surprise came when was coming up on P2, looking for a gap. Turned out, P2 actually had better pace than P1, but must have been trying to get around. With 3 or 4 laps left, I thought I was going to easily take them both, but then P2 took the lead, and then pulled away opening a huge gap while I worked to get around P2. That totally changed the last few laps and kept it competitive until the very end.

Gonna play around more today--don't go back to work until tomorrow If it's as good as it seemed last night, I probably won't be firing up any other sim for a long time, possibly not until September. The new cars are all great. The Maserati is insanely fun with that sequential shift--great handling car.

Ive been having a blast with it. Its really close to driving with real people. Close enough anyways. That car shocked me. I really didn't think I was going to like it all but once I got a feel for it man was it fun. Really starting to enjoy the lmp cars though. Its so hard believing its going to stick going that fast into corners but it does. Kind of like the open wheels you just have to trust it.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus VIII hero / CPU: intel i7 6700k unlocked / RAM: G SKILL 32GB DDR4 3000 / COOLING: corsair h100 v2 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080 / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb/wd black 2tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega PC Racer/T300 with Heusinkveld pro pedals / MONITOR: 70" SONY TV / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Ive been having a blast with it. Its really close to driving with real people. Close enough anyways. That car shocked me. I really didn't think I was going to like it all but once I got a feel for it man was it fun. Really starting to enjoy the lmp cars though. Its so hard believing its going to stick going that fast into corners but it does. Kind of like the open wheels you just have to trust it.
    I don't know what i did wrong, but i tried the new AI on Monza, with the Porshe RSR 3.0 and some road cars. It was either stack fest or ram fest on T1.

I'll try your 95 5 50 receipe tonigh.

Platform
    PC
    Same. There's enough variance in their behavior to make it fun. I've seen the AI lose it a few times, making a very human-like error, and then accidentally take out another car while trying to correct it's spin. I didn't expect the Maserati to be so much fun either.
    Last edited by Haiden; Today at 18:17.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post
    I don't know what i did wrong, but i tried the new AI on Monza, with the Porshe RSR 3.0 and some road cars. It was either stack fest or ram fest on T1.

IDK... I just started playing with it. But I would think, the higher the aggression level, the less cars you want on the grid. I think I had 16 last night. I could see a highly aggressive grid with low variance getting into T1 trouble at Monza, though.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post

If you set the aggression high it will be a wreck fest. 50 seemed to work pretty well and from what I got slower cars maybe able to be set a little higher. One thing I figured out right away though is on the starts especially if you have it set high you can almost guarantee getting wrecked if you try to do a start like before and pass 3-4 cars before the first corner. The ai don't like it.lol

Platform
    PC
    Same. There's enough variance in their behavior to make it fun. I've seen the AI lose it a few times, making a very human-like error, and then accidentally take out another car while trying to correct it's spin. I didn't expect the Maserati to be so much fun either.
    I actually had the ai take me 3 wide through 2 set of corners. I was just waiting for the big one and hoping I didn't screw up and turn it in to bumper cars. It all turned out just fine though. I have to say I was pretty impressed with the ai. I couldn't believe the car on the inside took it on the first corner but I did leave him room because I was trying to keep my speed up with the at I knew was up to my door on the outside. So nobody did anything wrong but it was some tight racing for a few corners.