Thread: Awesome with your own music

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Awesome with your own music

So I recently tried playing itunes and Pandora in the background while racing. Frigging awesome. Can't have it too loud or you can't hear your engine or the wheels...but if you get the balance right and get the bass pumping, adds so much more excitement to the race. Try it!
    Intel Core i5-4670S 3.10 ghz
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    8 GB RAM
    Windows 8.1

Platform
    PS4
    Thats why people have car stereos.

But I dont want it play in the background on the PS4, so I play the music from PC and the game on PS4.
    Equipment:
    PS4 + PC, T300RS + TH8A + T3PA-Pro, BT Keyboard, Playseat Evolution Mk IV, DeLonghi Espresso Machine
    PSN: DerBeatminister

Platform
    PC
    Can't really see why music while racing a car can be awesome (or needed for that matter) ?
    I like to hear my engine, tires and other cars, nothing else. Though the sound of rain coming down on the tin roof is really awesome... yes...
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Roger Prynne, Silraed, Zenzic

Platform
    PC
    I'll listen to classical music on low during a race if I completely blow qualifiers and expect a terrible race ahead of me. It calms the nerves a little.

Platform
    PS4
    Project Cars Spotify Soundtrack is top notch! Only for when your in the menu's right enough!
    PCars - When it works it's sublime! When it does'nt it's broken!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanapryde View Post
    Can't really see why music while racing a car can be awesome (or needed for that matter) ?
    I like to hear my engine, tires and other cars, nothing else. Though the sound of rain coming down on the tin roof is really awesome... yes...
    This. I have never been a fan of any type of music during gaming. Doubly so when I count on the sounds of my own car and the opponents cars.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I personally have Absolute 80's on in the background at a low setting, helps me to get in the groove. Still like to hear the engine note though.

On a side note would be great if Microsoft added the option to put the radio on in the background on the Xbox One.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    I listen to Spotify on ps4, the volume is set just below the engine and tire sounds. This enhance the enjoyment of the game.
    But I can understand those who don't like music and just want to hear engine and tires only.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    It is hard to play Apple Music to PS4 for the damn DRM but lucky as I am, I found out the TuneFab Apple Music Converter for streaming Apple Music on PS4 and so far so good. Worth a try!