Page 274 of 274 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 2740

Thread: Crew Chief - an alternative race engineer for console & PC

Platform
    PC
    The android app is updated though Google play. The recent stuff in the pc app for incident detection and corner names isn't in the android app (yet). It will be added in the next few weeks
    Crew Chief details here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-for-PC-users
    He even has a Facebook page now https://www.facebook.com/crewchiefapp
    Or make a donation, if you think the chief needs to drink more beer:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=LW33XFXP4DPZE

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks. Much appreciated

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    is there a way to turn of the incident reporting in pcars. I have just run a race in pcars and incidents where being reported constantly and it was very distracting.

At one point I was following the actual cars being reported to be involved and there was no incidents happening so I think it is maybe a tad sensitive

This is the first time I have run a race with this type of message
    On the topic of Incident Reporting, I know this is a "game limitation" and not a reflection of Crew Chief, however we ran a league event at Bathurst shortly after you made this feature live. One annoying thing I discovered is that it reported an "Incident in Murray's Corner" every time someone entered the pits.

It took us a while to realize that was the case, and then it became a case of "the boy who cried wolf", since we all started ignoring that one. So then, had there truly been an incident in Murry's, none of us would have realized until it was too late

I don't think there is anything you can do to address this, but just an FYI to all.
    Last edited by F1_Racer68; 27-04-2017 at 18:08.
    CanAm Virtual Racing Leagues - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX950 AMP! 2GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    There's no way to turn this off. But I'll add an option in the next build (should be available this weekend)
    Thanks having used it for a full race at donnington some feedback for you

I had so many major incidents called (3 or 4 different types can't remember all the names) it was a wonder there was any other racers left on the track and in the end I just ignored the messages

Also noticed that the incident calling seemed to always relate to the 2 drivers in front of me even though they were not in an incident just seemed to be proximity based?

Not meant as criticism as appreciate you are working with the udp feed just my observations, but I do like the function but does need some refining for pcars as in the race I had there was no major incidents that I saw

Thanks
    Pcars Resources for All Platforms | Console Racing Forum
    Xbox| Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ |

The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the info guys. UDP data is pretty unreliable but it was working well when I tested it so I'm surprised it's such a mess - Donington was one of my test tracks too. I've made the 'car stopped' check much less sensitive for the next version and will review the corner position data for Bathurst (sounds like the app has the wrong distance-round-track for Murray's Corner).

The app will always prefer to tell you about incidents involving the cars immediately in front, so if it keeps reporting false-positives it'll be these drivers (mostly).

It's hard for me to test in online races without making a real nuisance of myself to be honest. I'll do a bit more fiddling around though - the game data (UDP and shared memory) for racing the AI is generally quite reliable but the data for racing online is a bit of a shambles at times. There is a serious bug in the current version which means that the app is processing 'dead' entries in the driver data when it should be skipping them. Online, the game sometimes inserts a copy of a particular driver's data into the array and never updates the copy (so the app thinks Bob is driving around, and it also thinks he's stopped somewhere on track). This is fixed for the next version.

Platform
    PC
    OK, just checked Bathurst and the app is spot on. I suspect the issue is to do with the game data - when you leave the pits the DistanceRoundTrack is reported as 0 metres until you've travelled about 300 metres, then it suddenly starts being reported correctly. Perhaps there's other weirdness in the data when you enter the pitlane - perhaps the game sends 0 speed and 0 distance, and this is close enough to Murray's corner location to trigger the wreck-detection. I've added a special case for PCars here - if the speed or distanceRoundTrack are exactly 0.0 ignore the data. Hopefully it'll help...

Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks for the info guys. UDP data is pretty unreliable but it was working well when I tested it so I'm surprised it's such a mess - Donington was one of my test tracks too. I've made the 'car stopped' check much less sensitive for the next version and will review the corner position data for Bathurst (sounds like the app has the wrong distance-round-track for Murray's Corner).

The app will always prefer to tell you about incidents involving the cars immediately in front, so if it keeps reporting false-positives it'll be these drivers (mostly).

It's hard for me to test in online races without making a real nuisance of myself to be honest. I'll do a bit more fiddling around though - the game data (UDP and shared memory) for racing the AI is generally quite reliable but the data for racing online is a bit of a shambles at times. There is a serious bug in the current version which means that the app is processing 'dead' entries in the driver data when it should be skipping them. Online, the game sometimes inserts a copy of a particular driver's data into the array and never updates the copy (so the app thinks Bob is driving around, and it also thinks he's stopped somewhere on track). This is fixed for the next version.
    Just to clarify all my racing is career no online.

I will keep persevering and let you know as Catalunya is next up
    Pcars Resources for All Platforms | Console Racing Forum
    Xbox| Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ |

Platform
    PC
    OK, just checked Bathurst and the app is spot on. I suspect the issue is to do with the game data - when you leave the pits the DistanceRoundTrack is reported as 0 metres until you've travelled about 300 metres, then it suddenly starts being reported correctly. Perhaps there's other weirdness in the data when you enter the pitlane - perhaps the game sends 0 speed and 0 distance, and this is close enough to Murray's corner location to trigger the wreck-detection. I've added a special case for PCars here - if the speed or distanceRoundTrack are exactly 0.0 ignore the data. Hopefully it'll help...
    I figured it was a UDP/Gamedata issue. IT seems that the app is made to think there is an incident in Murray's whenever someone slows to enter the pit lane. I figured the UDP stream can't differentiate between slow on track vs slow in pit entry since the pit entry is so close to the corner.

Just one of the "gotchas" that users need to deal with
    CanAm Virtual Racing Leagues - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX950 AMP! 2GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Rookie

Crew Chief NOT working after Assetto Corsa update 1.14 :(

Well the title speaks for itself !

Would LOVE to use CC now especially after the AI drivers improvements !

Pretty PLEASE fix this !
    Last edited by Roger Prynne; 18-05-2017 at 18:34. Reason: Mod Edit: Moved to correct thread.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by magicaldog View Post
    Well the title speaks for itself !

Would LOVE to use CC now especially after the AI drivers improvements !

Pretty PLEASE fix this !
    Should probably put this in the CrewChief thread. Not the Project CARS 2 Forum Section.