Thread: Setup Formula B help

Setup Formula B help

Hello guys,

I need some help to setup the Formula B, but probably more some general indications regarding the suspension behavior.

I'm trying to get a good lap time @Monza with this car but I cannot reach it at all, struggling around 1:32.

I tried my best and my actual setup is this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-09-10_00002.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	217806

I cannot reach the same grip of people able to do a 1:28 or 1:29, I don't know what to modify. I tried some trade-off between handling and top speed:

- If I put more negative values on camber I should have more speed on corners in t2 and parabolica, but is not my case. In add, I've noticed that in this case the car is slower in slow corner at T1 but even less tire consumption and more grip in braking. Especially this is strange, in my opinion, because I should have more contact surface between tires and asphalt. Am I right?

- The car is too much sliding at low speed so I tried to decrease the brake mapping to 1 or 2 but I didn't solve the problem even acting on differential (dec. lock is on 40% and preload is on 50 Nm)

- I don't really know how to adjust the car for having a good grip at the exit of chicane 1 and Ascari. I'm quite sure that I should work on springs, rebound and bump values but I'm very low skilled on it. I tought that a stiffer car is better @Monza but I can't reach a good balance.

I thanks in advance everyone willing to help me!
    i5 750 - gtx660 2gb - 8 Gb ram CL8 - SSD Vertex 3 128gb - Caviar blue 500gb - Samsung 27'' - Logitech DFGT
    Notebook : Samsung NP870Z5E-X04 + Lenovo Y50-70

Steam: Mirkovic_ita

Platform
    PS4
    I haven't tried tuning a Formula B car yet but based on general principles, if your car is sliding at low speed try softening your front suspension and front ARB too. Do small adjustments. All the key for Monza is speed a softer suspension will be pushed lower to the ground and you'll gain straight line speed.

Also for better traction reduce your rear camber to around -0.5 - 0.0. Test for your preference. I'd also look at your fast rebound should help you attack the curbs for the better lap time.

Let me know how you get on
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)
    The following user likes this Post: Mirko Tartarotti

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb_84 View Post
    I haven't tried tuning a Formula B car yet but based on general principles, if your car is sliding at low speed try softening your front suspension and front ARB too. Do small adjustments. All the key for Monza is speed a softer suspension will be pushed lower to the ground and you'll gain straight line speed.

Also for better traction reduce your rear camber to around -0.5 - 0.0. Test for your preference. I'd also look at your fast rebound should help you attack the curbs for the better lap time.

Let me know how you get on
    I'll try it soon, thanks mate!
    i5 750 - gtx660 2gb - 8 Gb ram CL8 - SSD Vertex 3 128gb - Caviar blue 500gb - Samsung 27'' - Logitech DFGT
    Notebook : Samsung NP870Z5E-X04 + Lenovo Y50-70

Steam: Mirkovic_ita