Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it good time to buy it?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Is it good time to buy it?

Im looking for a wheel to my PS4 an PC. I have an eye on Thrustmaster T300GTE(375 $) which is cheaper then T300 RS(429 $) - IDK why. I read some bad news about faliures of this wheel.

Is it worth to buy T300 now or wait to T150 come out.

Umer Ahmad
    If "failures" is a concern then get the Logitech G29

It is built very similar to the sturdy g27 (i have) and logitech has good support even outside warranty.
    The following user likes this Post: Mr.Smoke

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    @Kabaret10 go for the Thrustmaster T300RS, because when the PS5 comes out you would still have support for your wheel. Logitech would just do you over like they did all their loyal customers who had G27's

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by blingclean View Post
    @Kabaret10 go for the Thrustmaster T300RS, because when the PS5 comes out you would still have support for your wheel. Logitech would just do you over like they did all their loyal customers who had G27's
    This old chestnut again have you got it confirmed it writing that thrustmaster will be supported on ps5? If it's broken years before ps5 comes out like most thrustmaster products is it really even worth entering into the equation?

I'm with umer if reliability is what's most important to you then g29
    PS4, UE65HU8500, Rseat rs1, Fanatec CSW V2, Fanatec CSP V3, Fanatec CSS V1.5 sq, BMW GT3 wheel rim, F1 wheel rim & butt kicker V2.
    The following user likes this Post: Mr.Smoke

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Ok so what will happend with prices of wheels when GT7 comes out? They will be higher? I think so because same was with Project cars (according to amazon reviews).

Sry for English

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by kabaret10 View Post
    Ok so what will happend with prices of wheels when GT7 comes out? They will be higher? I think so because same was with Project cars (according to amazon reviews).

Sry for English
    Lol should have got cheaper for this game!!!
    PS4, UE65HU8500, Rseat rs1, Fanatec CSW V2, Fanatec CSP V3, Fanatec CSS V1.5 sq, BMW GT3 wheel rim, F1 wheel rim & butt kicker V2.
    The following user likes this Post: Slicker_VR

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I would wait until the T300 with T3PA pedal bundle is released. Also the same time the T150 is released. See what the reviewers say about the T150 - it might be ok or maybe not good enough.

The T300 T3PA bundle also comes with the new fancy 30cm Alcantara wheel.. making it a better deal at $470 vs the T300 at $400 by a good margin. That also gives you pedals in the same range as the G29 but with a nice removable rim and (as most say) better FFB. Also the Thrustmaster TH8a is widely accepted as the better shifter if you plan to get a shifter.

I expect when these items are released the prices will all drop across the board

Things to consider with the reliability - T150 is also thrustmaster so expect the same failure rate as the T300.
    There were a lot more T300s sold vs the G29 so far
    There are G29 failure reports pooping up (yes not as many as T300 though but think about the numbers)
    If you follow your warranty rules your wheel will be fixed or replaced if it does fail or an issue pops up. Yeah not having my wheel for 3 weeks was bad but hey.. I still love the T300.
    The G29 is based on the G27 so yes expect it to be more reliable in general.

By the time GT7 comes out.. I expect another line of wheels from Thrustmaster to be already made, another set of Fanatec wheels to be made, and Logitec to have put out a DFGT level wheel for PS4.. I also expect it to be Q4 of 2017 .. so yeah the T300 at that point will be about $250.

Edit - also... rumor is Fanatec is going to announce a new line of mid range wheels. - if that becomes true.. more competition normally lowers the prices as well.
    Last edited by Spitfire77; 11-09-2015 at 19:48.
    PS4-Pro // T300rs // TH8a // T3PA-Pros // Numpad button box // WSP & Folding Chair
    But yeah.. I am not that good. - CC

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire77 View Post
    I would wait until the T300 with T3PA pedal bundle is released. Also the same time the T150 is released. See what the reviewers say about the T150 - it might be ok or maybe not good enough.

The T300 T3PA bundle also comes with the new fancy 30cm Alcantara wheel.. making it a better deal at $470 vs the T300 at $400 by a good margin. That also gives you pedals in the same range as the G29 but with a nice removable rim and (as most say) better FFB. Also the Thrustmaster TH8a is widely accepted as the better shifter if you plan to get a shifter.

I expect when these items are released the prices will all drop across the board

Things to consider with the reliability - T150 is also thrustmaster so expect the same failure rate as the T300.
    There were a lot more T300s sold vs the G29 so far
    There are G29 failure reports pooping up (yes not as many as T300 though but think about the numbers)
    If you follow your warranty rules your wheel will be fixed or replaced if it does fail or an issue pops up. Yeah not having my wheel for 3 weeks was bad but hey.. I still love the T300.
    The G29 is based on the G27 so yes expect it to be more reliable in general.

By the time GT7 comes out.. I expect another line of wheels from Thrustmaster to be already made, another set of Fanatec wheels to be made, and Logitec to have put out a DFGT level wheel for PS4.. I also expect it to be Q4 of 2017 .. so yeah the T300 at that point will be about $250.

Edit - also... rumor is Fanatec is going to announce a new line of mid range wheels. - if that becomes true.. more competition normally lowers the prices as well.
    THANX a lot !
    So i would be waiting for GT7. Then i make a right decision .

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kabaret10 View Post
    THANX a lot !
    So i would be waiting for GT7. Then i make a right decision .
    yes two years will give you plenty of time to decide.
    PS4-Pro // T300rs // TH8a // T3PA-Pros // Numpad button box // WSP & Folding Chair
    But yeah.. I am not that good. - CC

Platform
    PS4
    Thrustmaster T300RS/GTE Reliability Poll. Read through the replies & then interpret the poll how you see fit.

PSN: VirtualBornRacer