Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS is now an official ESL eSport! First event this weekend.

Marketing and esports Manager Joseph Barron's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4

Project CARS is now an official ESL eSport! First event this weekend.

Hi everyone!

Project CARS is now an official eSport thanks to our partners at ESL Gaming.

Starting this Sunday there will be Kick-Offs cups for Project CARS until October when the Go4 Series begins! The Go4 Series includes weekly cups with 50€ prize money and a big Monthly Final with 150€ prize money for Xbox One, PS4 & PC! Besides Cups there's also a 1on1 Ladder where you can prove that you are the best racer in Europe!

The Kick-Off cups will run through September as a warm-up lap before the Go4 Series starts!

Sign-ups for the first Cup are now open! The races take place this Sunday. You can enter the Kick-Off Cups on PS4, Xbox One or PC.

Choose your platform and sign-up to compete at:
    play.eslgaming.com/global/news/259724

Many of you guys are the fastest drivers in the SMS-R Championship, so we're sure you'll be super competitive in the ESL eSports scene as well.

Good luck!

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I allready signed up for this Event.. Looking forward to it
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...
    The following user likes this Post: Joseph Barron

WMD Member
    Cool

Hoping this will lead to lots of important improvements in the multiplayer area of this game

StarCraft 2, League of Legends, Counter Strike are stellar examples of how E-sport improve quality of the game.
    Last edited by ONT; 11-09-2015 at 16:10.
    Full control of car at start, pit stops, flags and after the end of a race FTW.

Keep it real

CBM 64
    CPU: MOS Technology 6510 0.985 MHz
    Memory: 64 kB RAM + 20 kB ROM
    Graphics: VIC-II (320 200, 16 colors, sprites, raster interrupt)
    Sound: SID 6581 (3 Osc, 4 wave, filter, ADSR, ring)
    Overclocked a little to run pCARS

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Please excuse my lack of knowledge regarding ESL. I am reading and learning as fast as I can, however I do have a question or two.

Is this event solely for Europeans?

Can Someone from USA or Brazil enter this event?

Thanking you in advance for your time and answers.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by SGETI View Post
    Please excuse my lack of knowledge regarding ESL. I am reading and learning as fast as I can, however I do have a question or two.

Is this event solely for Europeans?

Can Someone from USA or Brazil enter this event?

Thanking you in advance for your time and answers.
    It's not just for Europeans. You can enter from USA, Brazil and lots of other places. If you scroll to the bottom of the page that's linked in the OP, you will see a list of all the countries that can take part.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I see nothing in the rules about not ramming people off of the track etc..... this was the drawback of the competitive Forza 2 scene back in 2007 or whenever it was; it wasn't racing it was Mario Kart.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by donpost View Post
    I see nothing in the rules about not ramming people off of the track etc..... this was the drawback of the competitive Forza 2 scene back in 2007 or whenever it was; it wasn't racing it was Mario Kart.
    There are slow-down penalties already in the game for unnecessary contact and the like. Many of the entrants to the eSports competitions will be pretty good Project CARS players too, so we're not expecting too much chaos in these races for now. Of course, we'll certainly listen to what the players are saying if there are any concerns after the first few events.

WMD Member
    Will flag rules be improved with correct Yellow and Blue flags ?
    Full control of car at start, pit stops, flags and after the end of a race FTW.

Keep it real

CBM 64
    CPU: MOS Technology 6510 0.985 MHz
    Memory: 64 kB RAM + 20 kB ROM
    Graphics: VIC-II (320 200, 16 colors, sprites, raster interrupt)
    Sound: SID 6581 (3 Osc, 4 wave, filter, ADSR, ring)
    Overclocked a little to run pCARS
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GenBrien, J4M35_R

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Another big question. Is it okay to not restrict helpers? I don't think it's a fairplay when one person use TC, ABS and Stability Control, and his competitor is not. When one person can just press break pedal right to the floor, as well as the throttle, and have no problem in entrance of the corner end on the exit also. And can setup car more aggresive cause helpers will do their job.
    When another, real fan of simulation etc with no helpers, like all this stuff such as work carefull with pedals and so on, but will lose to that sort of "cheater" who just don't care and want to win.
    This game is all about simulation (I hope), so competitions must be without helpers. Helpers is created only for guys with gamepads, keyboards and just to sell game to the guys who just want to play a racing game, not a sim, and he just really think that all this awesome simulation is for nerds/geeks/fans and all they want is to drive Ruf and etc.
    So switch off helpers, for wheel users as minimum.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ahf74, Dekin

Platform
    PC
    There is a good discussion in this recent thread why Assists don't have to be an advantage: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...6-Assists-Real

The gist is that it isn't as black and white as you put it.
    The following user likes this Post: Wizards ZA