Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thirsty Pagani Huayra

Platform
    PS4

Thirsty Pagani Huayra

Can someone patch this thirsty car please?
    Its fuel consumption is ridiculously high, it counts the liters down like seconds - on Monza even quicker.
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4
    Add me on PSN for clean racing: PiinK_eMo_GiiRL

WMD Member
    In the mean time, Huayra flaps also needs fixing, especially AI's cars where the flaps are consistently open at maximum angle in races.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenium View Post
    In the mean time, Huayra flaps also needs fixing, especially AI's cars where the flaps are consistently open at maximum angle in races.
    Whats wrong with the player's car flaps?

Okay, lets make this a 'Fix all Pagani Cars'-Thread!
    The pulling to the left issue also needs fixing, all Pagani cars suffer from it.

And before Mods give me advice, no, l didnt mess with the setup and no, its not up to the player to make a car go in a straight line.
    Its very annoying, especially on long straights.
    1996: Super Nintendo l 1998: Nintendo 64 l 1999: PlayStation l 2001: PlayStation 2 l 2007: PlayStation 3 l 2011: Nintendo 3DS l 2014: PlayStation 4

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink_650S View Post
    Whats wrong with the player's car flaps?

Okay, lets make this a 'Fix all Pagani Cars'-Thread!
    The pulling to the left issue also needs fixing, all Pagani cars suffer from it.

And before Mods give me advice, no, l didnt mess with the setup and no, its not up to the player to make a car go in a straight line.
    Its very annoying, especially on long straights.
    It is just a bugbear of mine with the game as the Huayra looks odd when you see the AI using them.

The flaps on AI Huayra are bugged where they do not move dynamically during the race. They are stuck in the maximum angle for both front and back flaps like the screenshot below.

The flaps should move like the video below or at least disable the animated flaps for AI's car so they stay closed.

However, the flaps are working perfectly fine for the player's car, not in replay though.
    Last edited by Cheesenium; 15-09-2015 at 11:21.

WMD Member
    For your fuel consumption question, I think we need to check whether is the real car is a gas guzzler or not.

Based on Wikipedia source, Huayra has fairly high fuel consumption of 10 mpg (23 l/100 km) in city and 14 mpg (17 l/100 km) in highway. Note that you are driving on a racing pace, the fuel consumption will be even higher.

It is comparably higher than R8 V10 that has 12.9L/100km. Source.

Even the racing R8 GT3 or LMS Ultra has lower fuel consumption than Huayra which is 14.9-12.4 l/100 km. Source.

At the moment, I think pCARS is right with Huayra.

I'll try and find the fuel consumption of other Road A cars, I reckon it will be fairly high compared to other cars in the game as most of them has much larger engine.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenium View Post
    For your fuel consumption question, I think we need to check whether is the real car is a gas guzzler or not.

Based on Wikipedia source, Huayra has fairly high fuel consumption of 10 mpg (23 l/100 km) in city and 14 mpg (17 l/100 km) in highway. Note that you are driving on a racing pace, the fuel consumption will be even higher.

It is comparably higher than R8 V10 that has 12.9L/100km. Source.

Even the racing R8 GT3 or LMS Ultra has lower fuel consumption than Huayra which is 14.9-12.4 l/100 km. Source.

At the moment, I think pCARS is right with Huayra.

I'll try and find the fuel consumption of other Road A cars, I reckon it will be fairly high compared to other cars in the game as most of them has much larger engine.
    Well, l started a race with 50 liters and after two laps l was left with only 5 liters.
    Does that sound right?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Well, l started a race with 50 liters and after two laps l was left with only 5 liters.
    Does that sound right?
    That's 0.7 mpg. So I would say that's excessive, even at race pace. The Veyron's W16 still gets 2.1 mpg at top speed lol

WMD Member
    Does that sound right?
    Do you really need to reply in that sort of tone?

I'll go do some races and see how does this car fuel consumption in the game.
    Last edited by Cheesenium; 15-09-2015 at 12:57.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Does that sound right?

10MPG city, 14mpg highway are at normal driving conditions (aka not flooring it and going top speed). Flooring it and going flat out in a straight line is going to be a whole different story (going to be far worse on a road track slowing down and accelerate full bore constantly), the fuel isn't going to last too long especially with a fuel tank much smaller then that of a race car. Its almost literally the same reason why MPG is lower in city then it is on highway because in the city you're going at a slower speed, constantly stopping and going.

Its not too out of the question when a Veyron (which granted has a W16) going flat out will have fuel usage thats 2.3MPG which will only last around 12 minutes with a full 26.4 gallon tank. But thats going in a straight line, if on a track and having to slow down and accelerate full bore fuel milage is going to be much much worse.
    Last edited by madmax2069; 15-09-2015 at 12:38.

Platform
    PS4
    Well, the Paganis certainly wont get a commendation from Greenpeace, thats for sure. I noticed it with Zonda R in LeMans 24h. There it used close to 50L per 100km. Pedal to the metal, of course. Well, so what - a Abrahams tank uses even more...
    Equipment:
    PS4 + PC, T300RS + TH8A + T3PA-Pro, BT Keyboard, Playseat Evolution Mk IV, DeLonghi Espresso Machine
    PSN: DerBeatminister