Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Failed to Load Save Data

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Will the save/load profile bug be fixed in a future patch?

Ive been in a lot of different threads talking about this issue but there has not been much in terms of acknowledgement on the issue. At least not that I have been able to find in my searching. From what my research has turned up, Project Cars ads replay files to your cloud storage total, which maxes at 500mb. If you're unaware that this is how Project Cars works, and why would you be, you can quickly max your cloud storage. When that happens Project Cars throws and error when loading your profile. The only way to clear the error is to erase the replay data from your Driver Profile. However, in order to do that you have to hit NO on the error dialogue box which erases your save completely. There is no way around it. There have been many who have offered suggestions but the consensus is that if you get the error you have no choice but to start over from the very beginning.

This is a great game and I've had little to no issues until I lost all of my progress, which was a lot of happy work and a big blow. I've been super happy with the continued development and patching but would really like some insight from the team on weather this issue is going to be addressed. Will we be able to save our replay data locally? If not is it just suggested to never save replays? I'm not expecting this immediately. Obviously the 2.0 patch is pretty damn impressive. As long as I know its going to be addressed at some point in the future Ill be good, and I think a lot of other sad racers will be as well.

Superkart Pilot OpticalHercules's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I know people have had corruption issues possibly related to this 500mb cloud limit, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had the exact same corruption issues and has never once saved a replay from within the game. Since release I've made maybe 15x 30sec "save that" clips which are xbox based, not pcars based. I don't think I've ever even watched a replay.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Well that is interesting. There is definitely more to this. In one suggestion I was asked to delete other games save data to try to make room for PCars. Why would I want to delete progress in other games? I've been trying to get a response on this since it happened to me about a week after 1.4 came out. Nothing yet so here I'm hoping.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukeymonster View Post
    This is a great game and I've had little to no issues until I lost all of my progress, which was a lot of happy work and a big blow. I've been super happy with the continued development and patching but would really like some insight from the team on weather this issue is going to be addressed.
    It is investigated atm. IMO the problem is the size of the replay files, but since everyone wants to also have better replays in future too I don't think that the size will decrease significantly.

Will we be able to save our replay data locally?
    AFAIK it's not possible because all saved data gets uploaded into the cloud. There's no way to prevent this.

If not is it just suggested to never save replays?
    That'd be a bad solution IMO. The best option I can see is limiting the number (and length) of replays. Forza 5 does it too (and for the exact same reason I suppose).
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post

That'd be a bad solution IMO. The best option I can see is limiting the number (and length) of replays. Forza 5 does it too (and for the exact same reason I suppose).
    What about those of us who have never saved a single replay? Same issue, but the assumed cause is not relevant.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    It is investigated atm. IMO the problem is the size of the replay files, but since everyone wants to also have better replays in future too I don't think that the size will decrease significantly.

AFAIK it's not possible because all saved data gets uploaded into the cloud. There's no way to prevent this.

Thanks for the info! Maybe it's possible to have a warning that tells the user the following replay cannot be save due to size limitations. Something to stop the data from filling up. Also as the other poster stated he has not saved any replays so there could be other causes as well. Glad it's being looked into.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

corrupted game save

Has anybody managed to come up with a reason for, or a solution to what seems to be an ongoing problem of game saves corrupting on the XB1 version?

I currently have the familiar problem of not being able to get past the start screen when signed into my Xbox live profile.

I have already had to delete my game save twice in the last 2 months due to this problem and it looks like I will now have to do it for a third time.

I have tried reinstalling everything and hard resetting but to no avail.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Platform
    XBOX1
    When you stop playing the game, what screen is it on? Do you just cut off console? Do you quit game on Xbox One dashboard?

My routine is this. I finish playing. I go back to the screen where you can select whatever activity you want to do in the game. I then go back to Xbox One dashboard. I then quit game. I never leave it running in background or use the resume function of console.

So far, no save corruption issues for me.
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 26-07-2015 at 19:17.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One S/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/Yamaha RX-V1400/Acoustic Research Speakers/Velodyne Sub

Platform
    XBOX1
    I do as Nissan said, getting myself back to main menu, then going to dashboard, hitting menu button and closing the program, and then either simply turning off the system or doing a hard-shutdown. Doesn't make a difference, still have had to start over 3x.

I've been detailing out every time this has happened to me, and responding to many of the threads when others experience this unfortunate issue, and have yet to see a single SMS reply. I know they really can't do/fix anything unless they can recreate the problem in-house, but all it takes to recreate this issue is get a few production Xbox's and have people play them routinely. I don't think any of the 'elevated' forum users play xbox as their primary system (all seem to say Platform: PC, and have all kinds of uber pc specs in their signatures). This is an issue you won't be able to recreate on demand, and so the only way to find it is to actually play the career mode of the game on the xbox. ...Maybe someone could send me an SDK and I'll make that my primary system and let them know when the next failure is ;P
    The following user likes this Post: Im Sorry

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    If I have finished using my console then I shut the game down by going back to the games home screen and holding down the xbox button on the controller.
    If I'm just changing games then I will shut games down from the dashboard.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the 3 times I have had this issue.