Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: [SOLVED] From bad to worse.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Well done guys, keep up the good work.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Superkart Pilot OpticalHercules's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Anything SMS? Anything at all?

I don't blame you at all for avoiding the Xbox forums because of all the heaps of crap you've had thrown at you over the past 5 months, but this is a problem that has existed since day one and has never been acknowledged. Every time one of these threads comes up, no one at SMS ever comments on it. A quick browse through the SMS Posts tag at the top of the forum shows how little attention we get here. Off Topic has gotten more attention than Xbox over the last 2 weeks. Mr. Boss Man has stated that he enjoys the Xbox version most of all (or at least more than PS4), yet his last post here was Sept. 17th. Again, I don't blame Ian at all for avoiding this forum as every time he comes here (even in that post on 9/17), he gets crap thrown at him just for saying hi.

Please, SMS, Please tell me that someone is/has been looking into this. Players losing their save files, often multiple times, will impact your remaining system population more than any other bug. Even if it is player-caused, there HAS to be a way to somehow alleviate this problem. If you somehow find that the problem is solely caused by players taking the wrong action at the wrong time, make it impossible for them to take that action at all (acting while the saving icon is flashing). I personally doubt that player-error is the sole cause of data files becoming unusable, but if adding precautions to prevent even one player from losing their data in that manner, then that precaution will have been worth it.

I have offered several times to help in any way I possibly can to provide whatever information or testing that I can possibly give to you, but I need to know where to start. Others have also offered their help on this. Before we can do that though, you need to acknowledge that there is indeed a problem, and then tell us what you would like us to try and find out for you.
    Apparently I'm a Muppet Fanboy! ...whatever that means.

North American Casual Racer Association -- Come join us any night!
    http://nacrassociation.proboards.com
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Rockefelluh, Schnizz58

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticalHercules View Post
    Anything SMS? Anything at all?
    Begging for acknowledgment will just make your frustrations worse when they continue to ignore you.

The response I had to similar quibbles is that they will be reading and will be looking into it they just don't need to post anything. Apparently.

In their opinion leaving people in the lurch is a better strategy than posting something along the lines of "we're looking into it".

This isn't a rant, not trying to hate on SMS it's just simply how I see it.
    Last edited by AdM1; 14-10-2015 at 16:25.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I've put a request forward to the Devs for some kind of response to this problem.... but that's as much as I can do.

And thanks for all the testing guys...... I know you shouldn't have to do it, but it is what it is.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 6 users likes this Post: Ixoye56, KkDrummer, OpticalHercules, Schnizz58, TheReaper GT

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    I've put a request forward to the Devs for some kind of response to this problem.... but that's as much as I can do.

And thanks for all the testing guys...... I know you shouldn't have to do it.
    Tell them we promise to not bite their heads off. We appreciate the effort Roger.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following 4 users likes this Post: ermo, OpticalHercules, Raven403, Roger Prynne

Superkart Pilot OpticalHercules's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Tell them we promise to not bite their heads off. We appreciate the effort Roger.
    Absolutely. I got the anger out of my system after the first time I lost my save file. I posted it bad enough in my Not Loading/Unplayable thread in tech subforum. I just want to see this resolved, and I positive it can be fixed. No reason to get angry over it at this point, just keep a positive attitude about whatever you're doing, and things will get done. Any action is better than no action, and any action is something to feel good about at this point.
    Apparently I'm a Muppet Fanboy! ...whatever that means.

North American Casual Racer Association -- Come join us any night!
    http://nacrassociation.proboards.com
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ermo, Raven403, Schnizz58

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    I wont bite any heads off. Maybe a finger......or pinky toe
    PC CPU-Intel i7 3.2 gHz GPU- EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+, MB: GIGABYTE GA-X58 HDD:1TB 7200 RPM
    HDMI to 50" TV as Monitor Thrustmaster TX
    PCRA Member http://pcraleague.com/

Platform
    PC
    Seems reasonable.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    You cannot ask SMS for help/udates on game saves. They will ban you rather than help you.

Sadly, It seems that it is most likely because they are not going to fix it.