Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Equal tunes, assists/guides, etc. not being forced during Time Trial(s)

Kart Driver

Thumbs up Equal tunes, assists/guides, etc. not being forced during Time Trial(s)

I just got into the Time Trial event as of last night in an attempt to post a time with a fellow racer. (due to all the rumors of cheating in the past)
    I noticed that the driver could select their own tunes, assists, guides/display settings, etc.

This (IMO) takes away from "driver skill" which, unless I missed the point, is the main focus in an Time Trial event.
    * Time Trial enforces competition rules and elements (equal tunes, assists, guides/display elements, environment, etc.) in which a driver races against the clock to post his/her best time *

Of course that would mean a reset of the leaderboards so only times based on the new event rules/elements are posted.
    - such boards can be viewed in-game or here http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.co...icle=310900789 (note: hover your mouse over the icons under "assists")

ps.
    -- also commented on the assist info for leaderboards lacking "Forced Real Assists: On/Off (in another thread... instead it results in all assists being "on" which is confusing)

* and to whomever posted a NEGATIVE Reputation Point stating: QUOTE "wannabe time trial policeman" - bite a curb troll! *
    this is why we need a SMS/WMD ticket system... "wannabe sim racers" like you attack anyone whom questions the integrity of a simulator because you want it to be an arcade game... just like you attack public sim-lobbies

But hey since I (like any other sim racer) can't question integrity and suggest simulator elements regarding SMS Events without looking forward to ~90% of the racers whom bought PCARS as an arcade game jumping down my throat because I want a SIMULATOR to be a SIMULATOR or at least want SMS to offer official sim Events for us sim-racers... this is exactly why I refuse to buy another PCARS title.
    - enjoy ANOTHER f#cking arcade game.. as if you you guys dont have enough already!

I give up... just close the thread already... we all know that is what happens when someone questions the integrity of PCARS or SMS/WMD

Remains Tailored to:
    eSports events = arcade
    Last edited by JSNFARRELL; 22-09-2015 at 12:24.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Only prob for me there would be "equal tuning". Who chooses the setup? There are default setups that are pretty good out of the box but there are some that are woeful and hence "undriveable" for me. Also you would either need to set auto-clutch for all or exclude those that don't have a clutch. Far easier to filter the leaderboards to show those running the same as you. I never compare my times to those with all assists on or external view.
    ASRock Z97 Pro4, i5 4690, 16Gb DDR3, GTX 1070
    Thrustmaster T500/Stock pedals/Paddles

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    And whereas a default tune might suit some drivers with a particular driving style, those with a different style will need something else to compete equally
    XB GT - Steel Jockey. Steam GT - STEELJOCKEY.Project CARS 2 GOLD Member
    FB AUS/NZ Combined Racing League YouTube Mrsteeljockey
    Xbox Scorpio,TS-XW, Sparco P310 rim, Protosimtech PT2 pedals, racing cockpit, Onkyo 7.1, Panasonic 55"
    Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, i9-9900k, 32gb DDR4-2133, Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500gb, WD Blue 2tb HDD, Oculus Rift S
    The following user likes this Post: bigsilverhotdog

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by ttb57 View Post
    Only prob for me there would be "equal tuning". Who chooses the setup? There are default setups that are pretty good out of the box but there are some that are woeful and hence "undriveable" for me. Also you would either need to set auto-clutch for all or exclude those that don't have a clutch. Far easier to filter the leaderboards to show those running the same as you. I never compare my times to those with all assists on or external view.
    That would be based on what the game/devs can do... I wouldn't suggest something complicating such as "x" tune unless I knew it was possible
    - Instead I would just say "force Default Tunes" but then some people use the steering tunes to improve gamepad use.

My main focus is simply fair competition... equal tunes (such as default), assists (such as forcing REAL or OFF), and not allowing any visual aids (like driving lines or etc.) So there is no question about the Event integrity.
    - Drivers should compete based on their Skill (not "x" combination of tunes, assists, and visual aids)... after all is this not a "Community Assisted ... Racing Simulator"

Far as the little stuff - I could care less about the transmission/clutch setting as long as the tune itself (gearing, final drive, etc.) is equal for all drivers.

Guess I just expected these "Events" to be more "Official"
    - If I participated in a real Time Trial Event (or any for that matter) I would expect rules, guidelines, etc
    ... in this case they would say "there is the rules, there is the car, there is the track, now post your best time... good luck"
    and somewhere in there tuning, tampering with the car, or using x-Assist will result in invalidated lap times and/or disqualification.

Quote Originally Posted by STEELJOCKEY View Post
    And whereas a default tune might suit some drivers with a particular driving style, those with a different style will need something else to compete equally
    ^ which is where DRIVER SKILL comes in... "driving style" based on custom tunes is for competitive racing - regardless, a skilled driver adapts.
    Everyone shouldnt be competing with drivers whom use assists, visual aids, custom tunes, etc. of their choice. Again that goes against it being an "Event" and focusing on "Driver Skill"
    - After all this is a Time Trial (where we all share/use the same EXACT car)... not a Race (where each driver/crew can fine-tune their own car to gain a competitive edge)

All these Events should be recreating real-life Events... its a far more rewarding experience in the end.
    - personally I would love to participate in all these events but only if they are simulated.

Anyway good chat... this is my 2cents... no further debates... throw a vote and reason so SMS can see where this goes quickly VS it getting off topic eventually and leading to lengthy discussions.
    - the info/format regarding official Time Trial Events (or any other Events for PCARS) is on the web for those whom don't understand my main goal by posting this thread

Post your vote and back it with a comment (no arguments please)
    = Vote FOR
    = Vote AGAINST
    Last edited by JSNFARRELL; 22-09-2015 at 02:32.
    The following user likes this Post: ahf74

Platform
    PC
    I also think like you, already tired of always seeing the same at the top, I do not doubt that they are good runners but have a very good handle on the settings of the cars that makes them do some impossible time to match or approach .
    One of them told the forum that he would spend his settings, I'm still waiting ...
    Another of the strange things that I see, when an event they do not escalate positions appears, the will directly go from 1 position or 3rd place and there does not move anyone, I can spend days playing configurations and assists and not so I arrive at most in the first 10, with a difference of 3-5 seconds with the first.
    I therefore support what you say, I would like to see those same players no assists, no configurations cars.
    Slightly Mad Studios Ojala read this post, and keep in mind for future events.

Regards.

Sorry for my English, I hope you understand what I meant, use Google translator
    The following user likes this Post: JSNFARRELL

Platform
    PC
    I am wholeheartedly and totally against removing custom setups from time trial. The entire point of time trial is going fastest (not fastest with the exact same setup), and the engineering side of going faster (tuning the car for the track) is as important as actually driving the perfect lap. You cannot have one without the other. You can "pretend" that everybody driving the same setup is "fair" but that does not reflect race car engineering nor the challenge of going faster.

I would stop using time trial entirely if Default Setup Locked were implemented.

However I am fully in support of forcing historically accurate aids (i.e. TC only allowed if the car actually had TC) in time trial, as historically inaccurate aids renders those players times irreverent for comparison or 'leaderboard' purposes as those times are not legitimate.
    The following user likes this Post: gelfie

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    You're right, you missed the point, time trial is about getting the lowest time in the most perfect conditions. So no locked anything.

If i had to propose something, i'd say let people watch the top 5 times from onboard (with telemetry) rather than only a ghost, and show the top 5 setup (this one is def. not gonna happen)
    Last edited by Algo; 22-09-2015 at 05:39.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bigsilverhotdog, MarioCart

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Maybe an icon just to show who has tuned and who has used default like the icons you get for using a wheel or assists
    XBOX One X - Thrustmaster TX - Evo 599 Alcantara - T3PA Pedals - Wheel stand pro - Comfy beanbag
    SRL (Sim Racing League) - https://discord.gg/b4QSpaA

We're here for a good time not a long time

Platform
    PC
    That is already implemented, just not within the game.

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.co...hp/leaderboard

http://pcars.13ms.de/

Can easily view who used default and who used custom, and on the 2nd link (which draws from the official database) you can use "Advanced Filters" and then only show who used Default setups. This solves the OP problem and nobody is left out.
    The following user likes this Post: bmaytum

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Fixed setups. Huge no no. pCars, thats not Peoplesrepublic (of) China racing simulator.
    Clearly vote no.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bigsilverhotdog, ttb57