Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for Xbox preview members.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

Question for Xbox preview members.

I'm curious. Since the new Xbox experience is supposed to be much more efficient, does this lessen or completely negate the audio glitch?

I'm experiencing this in many new games pushing what the system. Pcars, mgs5 and the witcher 3 all have the same audio glitch for me. Mgs 5 is way worse because you lose control and snake keeps moving until the glitch is over. Some games it's just a light audio crackling.

Anyway I'm just curious to see if any of you have seen any improvements.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Hasn't come thru for me yet, so don't know, but should come with DX12 and hopefully that will bring some improvements
    XB GT - Steel Jockey. Steam GT - STEELJOCKEY.Project CARS 2 GOLD Member
    FB AUS/NZ Combined Racing League YouTube Mrsteeljockey
    Xbox Scorpio,TS-XW, Sparco P310 rim, Protosimtech PT2 pedals, racing cockpit, Onkyo 7.1, Panasonic 55"
    Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, i9-9900k, 16gb DDR4-2133, Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500gb, WD Blue 2tb HDD, Oculus Rift CV1

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Nope, no difference in that matter yet, I guess the developers need to update their SDK/Framework and learn how to solve the problem. And that is based in the supposition that the devs already have the new SDK, which only them can confirm.
    The following user likes this Post: Flat_out

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I did read somewhere SMS were looking at improvements that they could make with DX12, so they must have it
    XB GT - Steel Jockey. Steam GT - STEELJOCKEY.Project CARS 2 GOLD Member
    FB AUS/NZ Combined Racing League YouTube Mrsteeljockey
    Xbox Scorpio,TS-XW, Sparco P310 rim, Protosimtech PT2 pedals, racing cockpit, Onkyo 7.1, Panasonic 55"
    Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, i9-9900k, 16gb DDR4-2133, Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500gb, WD Blue 2tb HDD, Oculus Rift CV1

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELJOCKEY View Post
    I did read somewhere SMS were looking at improvements that they could make with DX12, so they must have it
    Actually they said that the new SDK would help solve the sound glitch problem. The problem is caused by the sharing of the seventh core with the system. Every time the xbox system requests processing the game audio take a hit. I've managed to reduce the problem disabling the system notifications and quiting everything else before play project cars. Some friends reported that it helps in Metal Gear and The witcher 3 too, since it's the same issue.

Platform
    PC
    They also said it would take a lot of refactoring to get it to work with DX12 and they weren't sure that it would be worth it. They were looking into supporting DX12 but made no commitments to do so.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    They also said it would take a lot of refactoring to get it to work with DX12 and they weren't sure that it would be worth it. They were looking into supporting DX12 but made no commitments to do so.
    Yep, and dx12 could help with the sound issue, but I really think the sdk is going to carry a lot more impact on it.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper GT View Post
    Actually they said that the new SDK would help solve the sound glitch problem. The problem is caused by the sharing of the seventh core with the system. Every time the xbox system requests processing the game audio take a hit. I've managed to reduce the problem disabling the system notifications and quiting everything else before play project cars. Some friends reported that it helps in Metal Gear and The witcher 3 too, since it's the same issue.
    The rare time I do have the audio glitch its when I do a game clip.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by beetes_juice View Post
    The rare time I do have the audio glitch its when I do a game clip.
    Same here, that's because side tasks run in the seventh core also. I kind of compromise letting the game dvr running, but if it is closed the audio glitch rarely happens.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper GT View Post
    Nope, no difference in that matter yet
    You already got the new experience dashboard? I haven't gotten it yet.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode