Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SMS-R Round 15: Clio Cup / Silverstone GP - [Once again, cheating using the pitlane!]

Platform
    PS4

SMS-R Round 15: Clio Cup / Silverstone GP - [Once again, cheating using the pitlane!]

Hello to all,

Round 15 of the SMS-R championship featuring the Clio Cup on the Silverstone GP circuit has officially started.

I would like everyone to know that, on Playstation 4, nearly all of the top 10 laps use the pits entrance at the end of their lap to achieve a gain of about 3 to 4 seconds.

It is not the first time this happens and it is therefore a shame to have to report this again.

Here is a video showing this cheating technique:

I am afraid that the top 20 could soon be filled with cheaters.

- Is there a possibility that the event will be postponed?

- Can we take part in the event without having to fear this?

Many thanks in advance to the staff.

Sincerely,
    Anthony.
    Last edited by Yinato; 25-09-2015 at 14:21.
    __TeamSharkRacing__
    Finalist Project CARS Cup Gamescom 2015
    National Finalist GT Academy 2013/2014
    My channel YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/yinatoFR/videos
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Dekin, gotdirt410sprintcar, Roger Prynne, TSRacing_Racer

The ghosts will be reviewed anyway so why do people even do this ?
    They'll all get no points.
    WIN7x64 | i5 4570 | 8 GB | GTX760 | G25 | Avid Mbox Pro | BenQ W1070 Beamer Topology v3 Tweakers
    The following user likes this Post: Dekin

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ibby View Post
    The ghosts will be reviewed anyway so why do people even do this ?
    Idiots will be idiots, hopefully some day we'll see some nice ban...
    Last edited by havocc; 25-09-2015 at 17:02.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Dekin, Kevin Leaune

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by havocc View Post
    Idiots will be idiots, hopefully some day we'll see some nice ban...

No, hopefully some day we'll see the game not validating laps in the pit lane.

The people who have gone into the pits, have NOT cheated. They have set a valid lap as far as the game is concerned. That's the bit that's wrong.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RTA nOsKiLlS View Post
    No, hopefully some day we'll see the game not validating laps in the pit lane.

The people who have gone into the pits, have NOT cheated. They have set a valid lap as far as the game is concerned. That's the bit that's wrong.
    I can tell you that in other games abusing a bug to gain advantage even without altering game files is punished, look at how many "guilds" (not single players, entire guilds) have been banned for exploiting in wow http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/31/w...endium-part-2/

obviously they fixed the bugs later...

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thankyou for the headups Anthony.
    Was planning on entering my first race online in this event but not anymore. Just checked on XB1 and saddens me to see this on their aswell. If their willing to do this before the race, what are they willing to do dureing the race.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blunt RS View Post
    Thankyou for the headups Anthony.
    Was planning on entering my first race online in this event but not anymore. Just checked on XB1 and saddens me to see this on their aswell. If their willing to do this before the race, what are they willing to do dureing the race.
    This doesn't work during qualifying or a race. Only in TT or community events.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by havocc View Post
    I can tell you that in other games abusing a bug to gain advantage even without altering game files is punished, look at how many "guilds" (not single players, entire guilds) have been banned for exploiting in wow http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/31/w...endium-part-2/

obviously they fixed the bugs later...
    In my experience of racing games and competitions, the players are given the environment. Wall Riding and bouncing and corner cutting occurs. If the game doesn't invalidate at the time, then it counts.

I know it's not going to count towards the players overall points in the SMS-R Champ, but I doubt many players competing in the community challenges really care about overall points, or even know that their times will be disregarded.

If your not fast enough to get in the top3 every time, do you care about the points? I know I don't. I don't even know where to see how many points I or anyone else has. Its not in the game anywhere. Most people are just trying to get their name as high up the list as they can. The game allows them to drive though the pits and miss the last few turns, so its no surprise people are doing it. Its been possible to do this since the game was released.

Until your lap is invalidated the instant you enter the pit lane, some people will do this on every Silverstone event.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thankyou for the info RTA. As above this is the reason i gave up racing online in fm4 back then i had multiscreen.
    Since the launch of project cars ive been working on my technique with single screen which i find alot harder and tuneing which i never got in in fm
    I guess i was hoping with all the features of the game this sort of thing wouldnt happen.
    Am not the fastest on the track but try to be clean i say try cause its racing and mistakes happens. Just like to have a level playing with like minded racers.
    But i guess if some can cheat thier gonna cheat what ever game devoplers do to try and stop it.

WMD Member
    same with PC players. but its quite easy to see, who has used pit entry and who not. just look at pCARS leaderboard an watch out for sector 3 times. everyone who got a time faster than 41.0 uses the pit entry for sure. i managed to get a 2:20.9 withou using the pit entry. for sure i'm not the fatest guy here, so there may be faster times possible. but without using pit entry, i would doubt that anyone gets quicker than 2:20

btw...is it still possible to turn on driving aids during hotlap? beacause the leaderboard says i used ABS during my hotlap, but i didn't!
    Fabian Baumgarten formerly known as schumi170388 (steam-ID)

My "Rechenknecht" (PC):
    Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 | CPU: INTEl Core i5 2500k @ default mhz @ VCore -0,2V | RAM: 8 Gb GSkill Ripjaws | Graphics: Gigabyte Windforce III Nvidia GeForce Gtx 780 @BIOS Mod @ 1125/3250 mhz @low Fan Speed| PSU: Enermax Modu 82+ 425W | SSD: Crucial m4 256GB | HDD: 2,5'' Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500Gb 5400 U/min @ HDD Case | Fan: 3x Enermax TB. Silence @ 500 U/min | Case: Xigmatek Utgard (quitened) => Noise: 12 - 32 dBa|OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

peripheral equipment:
    Screen: 52'' Samsung LCD TV | Racing Rig: G25, König Racing Seat, Roccat Kone Mouse, Saitek Cyborg C7 Keyboard, Razer Nostromo additional Keyboard