Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorsports Talk

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC

Motorsports Talk

Discuss anything Motorsports.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PC
    Am I the only one around here.... who thinks Frankie Muniz should have been given more of a chance?
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System 3rd Generation Intel Core Processor I5 3570k @ 4.2ghz (Corsair H60), Asus P8z77-v LX, 640gb WD Caviar Blue Primary, 1tb WD Caviar Green Data/Backup, 1tb Toshiba Tertiary backup, 8gb Corsair Dominator 1333mhz DDR3 (@1600mhz), Galaxy 4gb Geforce 680GTX
    New Blackberry Playbook Charger/Project Box Acer 3613LCI (Celeron M 370 1.5ghz, 2gb ram, 40gb hdd) Windows XP
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Sony Dualshock 3

SteamID:Shin321

SBJS Team Driver in NCS PC Division

Umer Ahmad
    Why the hell is the Indyca season over already? 80f & sunny in CHICAGO this whole week, thats racing weather!

At least we get indycar @ Road America next summer (combined w/ PWC!) so definitely i'll be there with my project cars shirt on
    The following user likes this Post: Shinzah

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    Why the hell is the Indyca season over already? 80f & sunny in CHICAGO this whole week, thats racing weather!

At least we get indycar @ Road America next summer (combined w/ PWC!) so definitely i'll be there with my project cars shirt on
    Please take pictures. Lots and lots of pictures.

Also get me some autographs maybe? I'd love you forever.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System 3rd Generation Intel Core Processor I5 3570k @ 4.2ghz (Corsair H60), Asus P8z77-v LX, 640gb WD Caviar Blue Primary, 1tb WD Caviar Green Data/Backup, 1tb Toshiba Tertiary backup, 8gb Corsair Dominator 1333mhz DDR3 (@1600mhz), Galaxy 4gb Geforce 680GTX
    New Blackberry Playbook Charger/Project Box Acer 3613LCI (Celeron M 370 1.5ghz, 2gb ram, 40gb hdd) Windows XP
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Sony Dualshock 3

The following user likes this Post:

Platform
    PS4
    Ok. Few things:
    1. I saw the WEC at Silverstone this year. Twas awesome and my first time seeing LMP cars blitz it.
    2. GO KESELOWSKI for nascar
    3. GO AUSTIN for BTCC
    4. GO WILLIAMS

That is all for now.
    A Racing Metalhead
    PSN ID: SwinnyjrI
    "He who is last, shall be sideways and smiling." - Jeremy Clarkson

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post

That'll be sweet! More road tracks for IndyCar!

I watched the Tudor USCC race from COTA last night. Great race and was happy to see Pruett/Hand get a win after a pretty tough season. My only complaint was the enforcement of the track limits. With all the paved runoff areas at that track (thanks to Bernie & Tilke) they told the drivers that they would be penalized for cutting corners but they could track out as wide as they wanted to go. The upside of this was that it opened up a lot of different lines for the drivers to take. But I have to wonder what's the point of having track limits if you're going to allow the drivers to ignore them (except for the insides of corners)? Any thoughts about that?
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    The upside of this was that it opened up a lot of different lines for the drivers to take. But I have to wonder what's the point of having track limits if you're going to allow the drivers to ignore them (except for the insides of corners)? Any thoughts about that?
    The reason why IMSA did this was because it was becoming incredibly difficult to police the course for every car in every class for the duration of the race, so they relaxed the rules. It was done mainly because of issues in the series where X driver would get penalized but Y driver doing the same thing wouldn't and this would totally mess up the final classification and teams were just plain sick of that.

WEC relaxed it a fair bit as well, although not entirely.

CSR Elite Pedals
    Sony Dualshock 3

The following 2 users likes this Post: Schnizz58

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    The reason why IMSA did this was because it was becoming incredibly difficult to police the course for every car in every class for the duration of the race, so they relaxed the rules. It was done mainly because of issues in the series where X driver would get penalized but Y driver doing the same thing wouldn't and this would totally mess up the final classification and teams were just plain sick of that.
    OK, I can get on board with that but it still seems like fixing the symptom rather than the disease. Why not just repaint the track and move the kerbs out to the edge of the runoff? Better yet, find a way to enforce the rules fairly and evenly for everybody.
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    OK, I can get on board with that but it still seems like fixing the symptom rather than the disease. Why not just repaint the track and move the kerbs out to the edge of the runoff? Better yet, find a way to enforce the rules fairly and evenly for everybody.
    They can't just re-paint the track when other series with other rulesets use it. They could have done some things with the curbing, putting thicker curbs at the limits would have *ahem* "curbed" track limits violations. But this also might have lead to incidents.

It's not easy to enforce track limits violations at technical tracks like COTA especially in multi-class sportscar racing. There's so many factors involved (Was the car being lapped/lapping? Did the car make a pass? Was the pass even on a car in its class? Was it forced off? Did it go faster/slower?) To do this for an entire field of cars in four classes is *HARD!* no matter how you cut it. They might be able to upgrade the computer systems in the cars one day to be like a videogames where the car going outside the bounds of the track is automatically warned, but this raises its own issues and they'd need to address that to the teams and manufacturers.

CSR Elite Pedals
    Sony Dualshock 3

Umer Ahmad
    Classic Tilke-drome situation. Track limits, what are track limits?

That's why i like "natural" road courses like Road America...disobey track limts and this happens:

The following user likes this Post: Shinzah