Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: No Man's Sky

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
    Still same boring game play and same(ish) planets, plants and animals. It's such a shame they never dared go wild with the procedurally generated stuff. It all feels so narrow and way too macro. I want space to be truly magnificent and for systems to be really unique, even if it is completely bizarre and doesn't resemble anything real.

.. and those damn identical jumping cactuses and other plants that you just happen upon several lightyears apart.
    Yeah, feels like a missed opportunity really and quite disappointing.
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    Lol. I really like it for just a bit of relaxed gaming. Nevertheless I’m looking forward to cyberpunk.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Still same boring game play and same(ish) planets, plants and animals. It's such a shame they never dared go wild with the procedurally generated stuff. It all feels so narrow and way too macro. I want space to be truly magnificent and for systems to be really unique, even if it is completely bizarre and doesn't resemble anything real.

.. and those damn identical jumping cactuses and other plants that you just happen upon several lightyears apart.
    If you find this boring you'd probably hate the realistic universe in Elite: Dangerous (which I'm a huge fan of). lol
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: MrTulip

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    If you find this boring you'd probably hate the realistic universe in Elite: Dangerous (which I'm a huge fan of). lol
    me2. in VR it is really great.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: MrTulip

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Nope. I have Elite too and like it a lot more. This is a very different game though. Elite is going for "pseudo realism" in it's galaxy, thus it doesn't need a ton of creatures and things. No Man's Sky is very different.

Having said that, yes both games suffer from a really boring grind. Elite has the edge because the actual mechanics (flight/fighting) has proper dynamics and interest. The grind is also slower and more meticulous. The whole pace is much slower thus making the rind less obvious. Still, Elite could be a lot better.

Platform
    PC
    Nope. I have Elite too and like it a lot more. This is a very different game though. Elite is going for "pseudo realism" in it's galaxy, thus it doesn't need a ton of creatures and things. No Man's Sky is very different.

Having said that, yes both games suffer from a really boring grind. Elite has the edge because the actual mechanics (flight/fighting) has proper dynamics and interest. The grind is also slower and more meticulous. The whole pace is much slower thus making the rind less obvious. Still, Elite could be a lot better.
    Yeah I play ED since the launch and I like it but to be honest after 500+ hours the joy has gone. Rinse and repeat.
    But this counts for the most or all games from this type. Also racing games getting bored if you play it to much.
    Although I’m not bored playing racegames so far.