Thread: Strategic racing mandatory pit stops

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Strategic racing mandatory pit stops

We need to be ability to make pit stops mandatory to add the strategic aspect of racing in here. Would love to have option to force both medium and soft tires used in a race but that maybe adking too much.

Do need to make the pit stop times match the real life counterparts. F1/FA tire changes take way to long to change in this game
    The following 3 users likes this Post: artao, BulletEyeDK, toffee

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfus View Post
    We need to be ability to make pit stops mandatory to add the strategic aspect of racing in here. Would love to have option to force both medium and soft tires used in a race but that maybe adking too much.

Do need to make the pit stop times match the real life counterparts. F1/FA tire changes take way to long to change in this game
    I agree with a caveat. How real do you want this? As it is now, pitstops are (relatively) the same time for all cars, it seems. But also, Damage takes just a few seconds to fix.

If they went for full absolute realism, you'd get your 2.7s crazy insane RBR or Mercedes pit stop, but if you stuff it in practice or race it would end your session entirely which wouldn't please many gamers.

What would be the right balance for this?
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Seems to depend on the damage. But that would be nice to get 2.7 but i would be happy with at least a 4 second tire change. But the mandatory pit stops in online racing or quick races is what i really wanting to see the game.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    I agree with a caveat. How real do you want this? As it is now, pitstops are (relatively) the same time for all cars, it seems. But also, Damage takes just a few seconds to fix.

If they went for full absolute realism, you'd get your 2.7s crazy insane RBR or Mercedes pit stop, but if you stuff it in practice or race it would end your session entirely which wouldn't please many gamers.

What would be the right balance for this?
    I would LOVE pit stops to be exactly that. Realistic repair/fuel/tire times for each car. That's one of my (not many) disappointments in the game -- pit stops in generall really. Being automatic and so gamey.
    Perhaps an option for realistic pit times or not .. maybe realistic fuel/tires time, with an additional option for realistic damage times
    In any case, pit stops need some work.

EDIT: OH! Mandatory pitstops WITH a pit window. Very important for many types of racing.
    EDIT EDIT: And, of course, this should all apply to the AI as well.
    Last edited by artao; 27-09-2015 at 07:25.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Chiraq, Shinzah, XTRMNTR2K

Platform
    XBOX1
    If you dont think that pits are going to be necessary why not accelerate tyre wear and fuel? This would make pit stops mandatory no? I agree the pitstops are a bit long, but there is plenty of strategy in it because you have the option to take fuel and tyres or just tyres plus the way you drive effect fuel usage and tyre wear so not all cars are the same at all. They may all be similar with you driving, but i may get completely different fuel usage or tyre wear or both than you if i for instance am i more agressive driver.
    PTG Home

Race Team
    Tester

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by PTG Baby Cow View Post
    If you dont think that pits are going to be necessary why not accelerate tyre wear and fuel? This would make pit stops mandatory no? I agree the pitstops are a bit long, but there is plenty of strategy in it because you have the option to take fuel and tyres or just tyres plus the way you drive effect fuel usage and tyre wear so not all cars are the same at all. They may all be similar with you driving, but i may get completely different fuel usage or tyre wear or both than you if i for instance am i more agressive driver.
    Good point this is one option, but implementing an option to enable or disable mandatory pitstops is not that hard I guess