Thread: Formula A - Tuning advice

Platform
    PS4

Formula A - Tuning advice

Hello there my fellow race nutheads!

I thought it would be time to start a thread dedicated to the Formula A car, where we discuss and share tips on how we can improve our lap times. I don't really know if we have many people here who spends his or her time mostly practicing and tweaking the Formula A car, but it's worth a shot. So don't hesitate stepping out in the light to share your genius thoughts!
    Passion cannot be described, it can only be experienced

Platform
    PS4
    I thought that I would start by showing a lap time at Monaco with the setup I used.

To me it felt like that was the once in a lifetime lap. I've spent hours today, trying to best it in time trials but no luck. So I'm asking you veterans, is there anything in the setup that you believe could be changed to improve the lap times? I feel really empty on what I can change, perhaps mixing a bit with the gear ratio but I'm not really sure about that...

I will try your setup this weeekend, and see what kind of lap I can do with it, and my overall thoughts, since it seems like I have repaired my 1 wheel now.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by FACT0RY PIL0T View Post
    I will try your setup this weeekend, and see what kind of lap I can do with it, and my overall thoughts, since it seems like I have repaired my 1 wheel now.
    Sweet. I mixed a bit with the dampers and differential yesterday, felt a bit better afterwards so I'm progressing forward at least.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by ElMister View Post
    I thought that I would start by showing a lap time at Monaco with the setup I used.

To me it felt like that was the once in a lifetime lap. I've spent hours today, trying to best it in time trials but no luck. So I'm asking you veterans, is there anything in the setup that you believe could be changed to improve the lap times? I feel really empty on what I can change, perhaps mixing a bit with the gear ratio but I'm not really sure about that...
    I dont ever drive FA so can't help you out.But that was one great lap you put together there.

Platform
    PS4
    Ye good lap. If you could show one with telemetry, maybe we could pin point problems.
    As it stands, the telemetry is definitely not detailed enough (not enough info on ps4 because no 3rd party extension app yet).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Ye good lap. If you could show one with telemetry, maybe we could pin point problems.
    As it stands, the telemetry is definitely not detailed enough (not enough info on ps4 because no 3rd party extension app yet).
    Agreed. I only check the telemetry for tyre- and brake temperature. The rest feels very uninformative and low detailed.
    I will probably do a practice session today so I'll see what I can pull off.
    Last edited by ElMister; 04-10-2015 at 13:50.

Platform
    PS4
    Huge progress tonight! Managed a 1:11.8 with several mistakes! A perfect lap would be about 1:10.xxx

Here my hotlap and setup, feels pretty complete to me now.

Last edited by ElMister; 05-10-2015 at 00:29.