Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THANK YOU SMS AND PLEASE DO NOT MESS UP

Banned
    Platform
    PC

THANK YOU SMS AND PLEASE DO NOT MESS UP

First of all, sorry my bad english. English is not my natve language.

1 - I want to thanks to the Slightly Mad Studios for bringing Project Cars. For me it`s the Simulator. There`s nothing like to 30 laps on Le Mans... start at night.. clear sky with the stars... than see the weather change to very cloudy.. then the dawn.. then comes the rain at day... the pitstops, the radio...the KERS...DRS... AWESOME!

I simply cannot say what I feel!

The sound... oh sh*t the sound of the cars are amazing.. you can feel the raw sounds from the beasts. VERY far (for best) from the generic sounds from forza... and you can really feel the road! It`s amazing.

THANK YOU.

and

2 - Please do not mess up with this simulator. I heard that you will bring "rally" to Project Cars 2... PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS! You will transform Project Cars in one more forza with everything and nothing really good at the same time!

We want it to be serious! Please do not loose your focus! "We" don`t want funny cars, and rally mixed with F1. Let the rally for games like Dirt. Again... do not loose your focus, we DON`T need and do not want another forza!

I`m afraid of what you can do with the next game!
    Last edited by flybikes; 06-10-2015 at 06:17.

WMD Member
    As far as I know, SMS had not confirmed that we are getting rally in the sequel that is probably out 2-3 years from now.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: NemethR, VanquishedVantage

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenium View Post
    As far as I know, SMS had not confirmed that we are getting rally in the sequel that is probably out 2-3 years from now.
    From what i remember reading they are planning on adding "loose surface racing" in pCARS2. If its done properly, im very much looking forward to being able to sim rallly.
    Ryzen 5 1600X - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming - 16GB - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X - Coolermaster Storm Striker -
    750W Modular - Two 265GB SSD - 1TB HDD

G29
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Black Puddin, Konan

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smoke View Post
    From what i remember reading they are planning on adding "loose surface racing" in pCARS2. If its done properly, im very much looking forward to being able to sim rallly.
    Loose surface could be anything at the moment. It could be rally, rally cross or something else that we arent aware off.

Point to point tracks takes ages to build one, which I am unsure SMS wants to do a game with 4-5 rally stages with a handful of cars. Even in dirt rally that has much lengthy stages, it still feels weird to have only 4 rally stages in the whole game.

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by flybikes View Post
    2 - Please do not mess up with this simulator. I heard that you will bring "rally" to Project Cars 2... PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS! You will transform Project Cars in one more forza with everything and nothing really good at the same time!

We want it to be serious! Please do not loose your focus! "We" don`t want funny cars, and rally mixed with F1. Let the rally for games like Dirt. Again... do not loose your focus, we DON`T need and do not want another forza!

I`m afraid of what you can do with the next game!
    I on the other hand definitely want them to include rallying and other loose surface disciplines in pCARS 2. In fact they were some of the most requested for pCARS 1 already (and the reason they weren't included was because SMS wants to make loose surfaces correctly, something they couldn't do within the development period of pCARS). There hasn't been a proper rally simulation before or since Richard Burns Rally, and no, Dirt Rally unfortunately doesn't go there either (a really fun game, but a dedicated full-on simulator it is not), and SMS seems just slightly mad enough to actually make a proper loose surface simulator.

So far it seems like SMS's idea is to take pCARS's circuit side of things and expand and improve it further, while adding a robust and versatile loose surface system to go along with it. They're not going to gut the circuit racing side of things for the loose surface side, don't worry about that.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Black Puddin, Cheesenium, Invincible, Konan, Shinzah

Platform
    PC
    You can be assured that we won't add any new aspects to the new title unless they meet our usual high standard. That's actually the reason this feature, even though initially planned to be part of pCARS1 was postponed, because we need to do it justice..and we will.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Prange View Post
    You can be assured that we won't add any new aspects to the new title unless they meet our usual high standard. That's actually the reason this feature, even though initially planned to be part of pCARS1 was postponed, because we need to do it justice..and we will.

I love it when you speak so confidently and take control of the situation, Rob <3
    Last edited by Shinzah; 06-10-2015 at 12:39. Reason: Who is SMT?
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, IJOJOI, Jussi Viljami Karjalainen

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Prange View Post
    You can be assured that we won't add any new aspects to the new title unless they meet our usual high standard.
    Not to be rude, but there was a lot of stuff released in PCARS1 that was very buggy/unfinished so the standard needs to step up. At least now with a platform to work off of it should give extra time for testing and bug fixing.
    Desktop: PC (Win 7, 64 bit), Antec Three Hundred Two Case, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Mobo, MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G, 2x 4GB DDR3 1866, i5-4690K, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB HD
    Sim Hardware: Fanatec GT3 RS V2, Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals
    Peripherals/Other: Obutto Ozone, ASUS VE278H 27" 1080P Monitor, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FLX81, SUBGTRACER

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    My fear will become reality... about project cars 2 we can read this :

THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER - 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including 'loose surface racing' on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
    THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross, Hillclimbs, and Touge. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars

in http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/...project-cars-2

It`s confirmed.. they will want to make everything for Project Cars 2 and they will lost their focus. It will become a big game (like forza), with nothing really done right...It will become a rally game..a nascar game.. a formula game.. on ice, on asphalt, on dirt.. they will make a ton of money but they will lost the target that really love racing . That public, will play Asseto Corsa etc only on asphalt.

Besides that, there are so many things that should be improved (custom championships, pit stop animations.. for example) and bugs fixed in Project Cars, that adding a lot of new stuff life snow, mud and dirt, really opens a new world of problems.
    Last edited by flybikes; 14-10-2015 at 03:34.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by flybikes View Post
    It`s confirmed.. they will want to make everything for Project Cars 2 and they will lost their focus. It will become a big game (like forza), with nothing really done right...It will become a rally game..a nascar game.. a formula game.. on ice, on asphalt, on dirt.. they will make a ton of money but they will lost the target that really love racing . That public, will play Asseto Corsa etc only on asphalt.
    Are you sure about that?

Toca 2 and Toca 3 had all of these things, and they did quite well.

I'm glad that you at least went with the classics, with custom championships and pitstop animations and not with the lights though.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321
    The following user likes this Post: Robhd