Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing on Secondary Monitor

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

Playing on Secondary Monitor

Hey guys I just recently got a 34' Ultrawide to play pCars. I noticed in the graphics options there is no way to have the game play on a different monitor other than your primary one. I want to keep my 27' as my primary monitor but the game will always start there. So every time I start pCars I have to set the ultrawide to be my primary monitor and its just getting annoying having to do this all the time. Anyone find any solutions for this? I searched here and on the old site as well and nothing came up.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    clone picture and you got on both screens the same.
    i use one PC with a 24" 1080p monitor but play in front of my 37" LCD TV on my simrig.
    i use cloned picture in my NVidia settings.
    if you use normaly both monitors for expanded screen its not so comfortable to switch all the time...
    but for me its was the cheapest solution without buying a second high end PC to play on my rig and make the PC useless for other things.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Do what I do and run in windowed mode with the resolution set to that of your second screen. you can the drag the window across and position it so the top bar is either very thin or invisible.
    CPU AMD FX4300 | GPU EVGA GTX 970 | RAM 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 9-9-9-24 | MOBO Asus M5A78LM-LX3
    HDD's 120GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB Western Digital Green, 500GB Western Digital Black
    Monitors 2 x Samsung B2240 22" Widescreen, 1 AOC e2343F 23" Widescreen
    Wheel ThrustMaster Driving Force GT

Platform
    PC
    I would suggest spending some more time with the 34"er, after a while I think you will fall in love and be happy to have it as the primary monitor. I have an old 19" monitor as my secondary, and it's great to have say the pCars forum on a webpage maybe with some setups visible etc as you are playing on the big one.
    Honestly though, the 34" ultrawide is stellar for 'productivity' (whatever the hell that is) once you get used to it, and is even better for playing racing games.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    There should be a setting in the config to force which monitor like 0 or 1?
    'Racers Without Borders'
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/RW...GINTERNATIONAL
    https://discord.gg/Szdw3u3
    http://rwbracing.club/
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)

Platform
    PC
    If the game has no option to choose between displays it will always default to you primary monitor, you would need to run in window and either drag across or windows key + shift + arrow keys.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K 3.90GHz Turbo | MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7 Intel Z97 | MEMORY: 16.00GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | GPU: 2 x MSI GTX970 4GB GAMING TWIN FROZER SLI | Primary Monitor: BenQ 27" XL2730Z 2560 x 1440 (WQHD) 144Hz | Secondry Monitor: HannsG HG216D" 22" 1680 x 1050 60Hz | Tablet: 9" Inch Quad Core Camera Android 4.4 16GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 650 W | Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 | Speakers: Dell MMS 5650 5.1 | OS Drive: 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO | Games Drive: Samsung 120GB 850 Evo SSD |Back Up Drive: 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 ATA Device (SATA) | External Storage: 1TB Western Digital WD Ext HDD | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit |Cockpit: GT Omega Pro Racing Simulator Professional - RS6 Seat | Wheel: Logitech G27 | Pedals: Thrustmaster T3PA PRO | Headset: Gamdias HEPHAESTUS GHS2000 | Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech MX3200 cordless. |

DX11 | 2560x1440 | POST PROCESSING FILTER: ON | LENS FLARE: ON | SUN FLARE EXT: FULL| SUN FLARE INT: FULL | BLOOM: ON | RAIN DROPS: ON | CREPSULAR RAYS: YES | SCREEN DIRT: YES | TEXT RES: HIGH | TEXT FILT: 16X | AA: DS2M | FXAA: HIGH | SMAA: OFF | REFLECTIONS:HIGH | ENVIRONMENT: HIGH | CAR: ULTRA | TRACK: ULTRA | SHADOW: ULTRA | M BLUR: LOW | RENDER FRAMES: 2 | GRASS: LOW | PARTICLE LEVEL: HIGH | PARTICLE DENSITY: HIGH | STRETCHED HEADLIGHTS: YES |

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenkrank View Post
    clone picture and you got on both screens the same.
    i use one PC with a 24" 1080p monitor but play in front of my 37" LCD TV on my simrig.
    i use cloned picture in my NVidia settings.
    if you use normaly both monitors for expanded screen its not so comfortable to switch all the time...
    but for me its was the cheapest solution without buying a second high end PC to play on my rig and make the PC useless for other things.
    Can't use clone mode as that would make my 34' Ultrawide run at the same resolution of my 27' @ 2560x1440.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I would suggest spending some more time with the 34"er, after a while I think you will fall in love and be happy to have it as the primary monitor. I have an old 19" monitor as my secondary, and it's great to have say the pCars forum on a webpage maybe with some setups visible etc as you are playing on the big one.
    Honestly though, the 34" ultrawide is stellar for 'productivity' (whatever the hell that is) once you get used to it, and is even better for playing racing games.
    No need to make this 34' my primary monitor. I already have 3 27's set up on my desk. I have the 34' on my simrig. I also like using my 27' which runs at 120hz.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    There should be a setting in the config to force which monitor like 0 or 1?
    I did try that in the config file but it doesn't work. I was told it could be a steam issue as well. I would hate to have to make another dedicated pc build to get around this annoyance.

Platform
    PC
    How are they connected? I believe Windows prioritises connections, if they are both HDMI could you not get a HDMI switch box?
    'Racers Without Borders'
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/RW...GINTERNATIONAL
    https://discord.gg/Szdw3u3
    http://rwbracing.club/
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I just found a piece of software that will help you to do this and no need for windowed mode. It's called DisplayFusion and it has features to add better taskbars to you multi monitor setup as well as moving applications form one monitor to the other.

Works a treat. No more window dragging for me

https://www.displayfusion.com/
    CPU AMD FX4300 | GPU EVGA GTX 970 | RAM 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 9-9-9-24 | MOBO Asus M5A78LM-LX3
    HDD's 120GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB Western Digital Green, 500GB Western Digital Black
    Monitors 2 x Samsung B2240 22" Widescreen, 1 AOC e2343F 23" Widescreen
    Wheel ThrustMaster Driving Force GT
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    im planning to get a 40" HDTV for simracing but use my current monitor as my primary...you cant just switch which monitor is primary in the nvidia CP?? (or AMD) never used multiple monitors before myself so im curious about this too
    Thrustmaster TX/CSR Elites/TH8a Shifter
    980OC/5820k@4.5/8GB DDR4@2400(stock)/WINDOWS 10