Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Next new add on for the TX wheel.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have a TX with...
    TM Leather 28 GT
    T3PA pedals
    TH8A Shifter with a Sparco gear knob
    Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2

And I'm very pleased with my setup.
    Sorry for my bad English
    XBOX ONE X Thrustmaster TX with TM Leather 28 GT - Pedals T3PA - Shifter TH8A - Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2
    The following user likes this Post: Robhd

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    I got both. But if it has to be one or the other I highly recommend the T3PA Pro. Especially if you add a load cell mod to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by beetes_juice View Post
    100% Agree.
    If your looking for consistency and TBH wanting to shave a few tenths off a lap, I'd go with the peddles before the rim (T3PA Pro). While I do want to upgrade to a load cell, the stock break mod on the T3PA pro peddles is great; adjustable and just love having the peddles hang down. Have improved my breaking which has lead to quicker laps.

The rims are nice but are I guess you could say for show. I have all of them (Alcantara on the way!) but if push came to shove I'd go with peddle upgrade first.
    Totally agree. I have the following add-ons/upgrades:

28 GT Rim
    F1 Wheel Add-on
    T3PA Pro Pedals

Of all the add-ons, the pedal set (with the conical brake mod) was the only one that made the most different in laps times. The rims provide a much better feel than the stock rim, but they won't make you a better driver, just a more comfortable one.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheracer View Post
    How is the F1 rim? I do mostly GT3 but some GT3 cars use a similar wheel like the Mclaren. I am torn between just going ahead and buying the F1 rim or waiting for the 599 rim. I cant find a solid review on the F1. Mostly just like unboxings. I want to know if it is comfortable to use for a long race and does it feel very plastic like the stock TX rim.
    I was skeptical about the rim, as well. It's definitely not the same quality as the Fanatec F1 rims, but I'm glad I made the purchase. The front face plate is actually a thin sheet of brushed aluminum, which is good. The grips are rubber, and after using the leather 28 GT rim for so long I was worried I wouldn't like the feel. After the first day of play, I was feeling a little unimpressed with the wheel. It wasn't bad, just missed my leather grips. But the next day I started realizing the difference. It's a better feel. I mostly race open wheel, LMP, and GT3 and I think the wheel is perfect for those cars. The extra buttons are nice, although I'm not sure when the Xb1 will allow more mapping to take advantage of them. Overall, I'm very happy with the upgrade, and haven't used my 28 GT rim since. My only fear is that Thurstmaster will release a new model of the F1 rim soon. I think this one's been on the market for a while. If they do make a new version, my guess is it will be more like the Fanatec F1--a bit small and less plastic.

The paddles are a little different than normal, too. The left and right are actually connected through the base and work like rockers, so you can actually up shift and down shift from either side. Comes in handy sometimes when you're turning a tight corner, but the paddles feel slightly (just slightly) different and might take a bit of getting used to.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2pfspiff View Post
    I dropped the cash on the T3PA pro pedals. i don't mind the stock rim and braking is one of the biggest things that is killing me. The 599 rim will hopefully come for Xmas from the wife. We will see.
    There is mod you can do to the stock wheel that will make it feel better. You can actually take the wheel apart and ad some AA batteries to the inside of the rim on wheel and add some weight to it. Just wrap them in electrical tape to get them to fit snug. I did this and it made a huge difference till I got my leather wheel! But I really really want the 599xx wheel

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by D3L8OY View Post
    I have the TX with the 3TPA Pro pedals the Shifter and the new 599xx wheel, the Pedals make such a difference, I run Manual with manual clutch for the shifter, this creates much more immersion into the game. The new 599xx wheel is wonderful, the slightly larger size makes an incredible amount of difference in the control, the feel of the Alcantera material is so smooth and comfortable, I don't think I could go back to my GT rim.
    Yes running the pro pedals with clutch and shifter was where the immersion really sky rocketed! Plus when your friends come over its separates the men from the boys!! I get a kick out of watching people fondle through gears and lose it!!!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I asked one of the forum members the same question, but f1 rim instead of alcantera. Ordered my pedals, should be in tomorrow!

I hope they have a new f1 rim come out soon.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I would go with the pedals first as well.
    Currently have the TX and the F1 rim, Christmas will bring the Pro pedals. Not too worried about the shifter for now, maybe for a later time.

Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 / F1 Rim / 599XX Rim / T3PA Pro / TH8A / Playseat Challenge / XBOX One 2.5TB

Platform
    XBOX1
    Got my pedals yesterday and was able to give them a try today. Love the pedals. I am using the spring brake mod instead of the conical rubber mod. The rubber mod does not work well on the wheel stand pro V2. I also like the Where are you the spring mod feels. I can already see a difference in my braking.
    PS4 (Spiff2pf), T300 servo base / XB1 (SpiffPF2), TX458 / Sony 55" 4K HDR LED / Next Level Racing Wheel stand / T3PA Pro Pedals (Ricmotech load cell) / 599xx EVO Rim / Rally Wheel Add-On Sparco R383 Mod

Platform
    PC
    Got my pedals yesterday and was able to give them a try today. Love the pedals. I am using the spring brake mod instead of the conical rubber mod. The rubber mod does not work well on the wheel stand pro V2. I also like the Where are you the spring mod feels. I can already see a difference in my braking.
    Huh? Rubber mod does not work well on wheel stand v2? I use rubber mod and wheel stand v2... why is it not working for you?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by sbtm View Post
    Huh? Rubber mod does not work well on wheel stand v2? I use rubber mod and wheel stand v2... why is it not working for you?
    It felt real stiff and I didn't feel that i was getting enough brake. Very well could be that I am not used to it. I also was moving the stand around because of how hard I was pressing. How do you have your mod set? Is it up against the pedal arm or is there space between. I might have had it set to high. I will try it again.
    PS4 (Spiff2pf), T300 servo base / XB1 (SpiffPF2), TX458 / Sony 55" 4K HDR LED / Next Level Racing Wheel stand / T3PA Pro Pedals (Ricmotech load cell) / 599xx EVO Rim / Rally Wheel Add-On Sparco R383 Mod

Platform
    PC
    It felt real stiff and I didn't feel that i was getting enough brake. Very well could be that I am not used to it. I also was moving the stand around because of how hard I was pressing. How do you have your mod set? Is it up against the pedal arm or is there space between. I might have had it set to high. I will try it again.
    The conical mod will definitely reduce your pedal travel, but that's nothing to worry about. Just calibrate your pedal to the new range. If it only goes to 65 (or whatever) that's fine. That's how you let the game know to scale it's 0-100 to your 0-whatever. But the precision you get with the conical mod will seriously improve your lap times. It does take a little getting used to, but most major hardware changes will. Try it in different positions to see what feels best, then give it an hour or two to get used to. I used a Wheel Stand Pro with my TX and T3P Pro pedals. It was fine. I have hardwood floors. To prevent the stand and chair from sliding when braking hard, I set the stand on a yoga mat and put rubber pads on the chair bottom. That kept everything from sliding, even under have force.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773