Thread: Breakdowns.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Breakdowns.

Hi folks. I'm a bit confused with breakdowns, has anyone else seen one? I have all the realism options on, am I missing something?

I've run more 50 lap races over full solo weekends than I care to mention and I haven't broken down once. I did have a car randomly stall on one race but it started up again without any problems.

Are breakdowns actually pit crew mistakes? I've had a few of those.

Platform
    PC
    I've had literally dozens early days doing long distance races. Not so much now, but hoping that's because my gear changes/crashes have improved drastically.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    There are no random breakdowns in the game currently. This was a design decision made because it was deemed it would be a turn-off to players (you should see the flak SMS gets when someone races a 2 hour endurance and has the game randomly crash).

Random pit crew mistakes are a thing though and they can happen randomly. There are also mechanical failures to the drive train and suspension that can occur due to too much abuse (constant redlining, missing shifts or grinding gears, using rough curbs too often, etc).
    Project Cars 2 is coming here! Okay enough with the silly signatures... I gotta find something better to put here.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ah ok, that clears that up then. Glad to know I'm such a careful driver!

Umer Ahmad
    Correct, no random faults.

But if have damage on and smash the front and crack your radiator, your engine temps will climb and if unrepaired your engine will seize.

Platform
    PC
    so why is there still an option to turn mechanical failure on or off? As well as damage?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by senn View Post
    so why is there still an option to turn mechanical failure on or off? As well as damage?
    I don't understand this question.
    Damage on, mech failure on: you can blow engine due to damaged radiator and high temps, blow engine from weather conditions, over-revving, bad shifting etc. and damage.
    Damage off, failure on: you won't bust your radiators from a collision, but can damage internals from over revving, high temps, bad shifting, pop a tire...

Damage on, failure off: can break your car, suspension etc but won't kill your engine/gearbox. Can lose wheel but not pop a tire.

Examples.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by senn View Post
    Isn't that sort of self explanatory