Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this game dead online?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Is this game dead online?

Hey guys im on the xbox and yesterday I couldnt find any games. Has Forza 6 killed Pcars online or is this just a problem for me? Its a shame if it has.

Im looking for fair people to race. Add me? PLASTIKMAN66

WMD Member
    Check your server search filter, patch 4.0 on PC defaulted to "current" car (see top right of screen), instead of "any."

This default has been changed to "any" in PC patch 5.0.
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by N0body Of The Goat View Post
    Check your server search filter, patch 4.0 on PC defaulted to "current" car (see top right of screen), instead of "any."

This default has been changed to "any" in PC patch 5.0.
    Thanks. I'll check that out in a bit. Could be as all I could find the other day was GT3

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Yeah a bit strange.....i bought 2 days ago PS plus for all of my games and tryed it at Pcars...first i just found 2 servers to play on Gt3...then i joined and the first thing what happened was a rammer who crashed into me in qualifying.....then i searched another server and the same shit happened.....jjst rammers how it seems.....

i quit the game and started star wars battlefront.........

never saw so an terrible online game like Pcars......why is it so extrem.....i just wanted to have little fun at a race with some other dudes....always thought online it makes more fun....but now it seems like the AI are better drivers....

i just hope for fixes there.......the first thing i saw was a guy who make it to his life job, to crash and destroy things in a online Race......wtf!

Platform
    PS4
    Get in organized leagues or Championship.

Random online is unplayable with the idiots in it!
    The following user likes this Post: ex_

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yup, the population is just too small to reach the point of critical mass required to have healthy public lobby population. A million copies sold sounds a lot but when you bear in mind Forza four sold over four times that in the first month of release (on one platform, not spread across three) and IIRC at least 2 million of those were at least connected to the internet you start to see why there are problems with it here.

This actually a rather good game in comparison to the forza series but it faces a terrible dilemma. If you go the route of making it have a broader appeal you attract a large number of monkeys and the "serious" crowd don't want to know. Too inaccessible and you limit the appeal.
    The day a well marketed sim arrives that is accessible to 12 year olds yet has the features and the depth to reward the obsessives amongst us I will take it as a sign of the second coming and retreat to my bunker to await Armageddon.

Gibbon

Superkart Pilot VanquishedVantage's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    This is why I play single player.
    Rig specs: | CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.5 | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 4GB FTW Gaming ACX 2.0 | HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 6.0GB/s | Mobo: GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z97-X Gaming 5 | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB | Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz 1920 x 1080 | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower |
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Angst1974, Flihp

Platform
    PS4
    The best would have been cross-platform multiplayer, but it's impossible.

So get a group of friends and make some good serie, here on gtplanet, certainly in other places too

Umer Ahmad
    Quote Originally Posted by azidahaka View Post
    The best would have been cross-platform multiplayer, but it's impossible.

So get a group of friends and make some good serie, here on gtplanet, certainly in other places too
    Not impossible! The day is approaching when XB1 and WIN10 pc players can compete against each other. One game already supports this but I'm not sure it when/if it will be available for pCARS but I'm sure it's something SMS will be keen to support.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: N0body Of The Goat, one1two

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I know its a different game, but War Thunder mixes their PS4 players with PC. Quite successfully imo.

Once I am upto speed with my new wheel, I may dabble in multiplayer.