Thread: Car Models - PS4 version

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Car Models - PS4 version

Hi all, i want to shade a thought regarding car models in the PS4 version. As we all know, the polygon count of the car you are riving is around 60k , which is the HIGH PC setting. From technical point of view i think that the console can handle da ultra preset of 200-300k ingame, when refereeing to the driven car only. If not, than the garage is the place where the PS4 can absolutely handle the increased polygon count. There is only one car, some AA and samo basic lights to reflect. Adding the ultra models in the garage will be a great way to enjoy the work that has been done by the modelers and experience the car to it's visual limit.
    As Project Cars have this option to view, look around and customize you car in a separate space Ultra Preset Models will be a great thing to have.

What do you think MAD Studio ? is it technically possible ?

Platform
    PS4
    Ye if it's possible I'll support it. It'll definitely showcase the great artwork the PC guys get to enjoy but the majority console users can't see right now.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PS4
    More important, the user should be able to move the car freely in the garage. I find that the default slow rotating view doesn't let you see the car and its livery...
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Beatminister, FLX81, HiSpeeder, Octane100, Pink_650S, Stevesixty7, Stronz

Platform
    PS4
    Strangely enough the garage view seem to be the most demanding time for the PS4. Judging by the fan noise its by far causing the highest strain on the system - if its only either CPU or GPU or both, I dont know. Its something that I wondered about all the time.
    Equipment:
    PS4 + PC, T300RS + TH8A + T3PA-Pro, BT Keyboard, Playseat Evolution Mk IV, DeLonghi Espresso Machine
    PSN: DerBeatminister

Platform
    PS4
    Oh I was thinking more the "garage" or car selection screen from main menu...
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Amen to this.

So frustrating when trying to switch through liveries to then get the camera sweep low and have to wait an age before you get any decent view of the car.
    The following user likes this Post: Scuderia Paul

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Oh I was thinking more the "garage" or car selection screen from main menu...
    Yes, me too. It needs more processing power than racing with 20 AI cars, or online.
    And I also would rather see the car without rotation, and with a controlable view angle. I can make you dizzy at times....
    Also the light reflections from the ceiling are to bright. Well, may be its fixed in update 12.0.
    Equipment:
    PS4 + PC, T300RS + TH8A + T3PA-Pro, BT Keyboard, Playseat Evolution Mk IV, DeLonghi Espresso Machine
    PSN: DerBeatminister

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stronz View Post
    Amen to this.

So frustrating when trying to switch through liveries to then get the camera sweep low and have to wait an age before you get any decent view of the car.
    Yes! Exactly this!! Free 360 degree view of car should be possible aint it? i mean it works in replay so why not in garage?
    PS4 ID: Djuvinile
    T300rs/F1-Rim/TH8A/Playseat Challenge/T3PA/
    Crew Chief/ RS Dash
    The following user likes this Post: imz14u2nv

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Sure it is strange to see that the garage is so heavy for the console, not dropping frames but it is pushing the system hard. But when we take in consideration that all the cars in Driveclub are around 200k polygons it wont be a problem to see the full beauty of Project Cars models in the garage. I really hope MAD Studio reads the posts and will replay at some point ...