Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine temperature.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Engine temperature.

Could we have a small engine temperature gauge on the telemetry screen please?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Liquid7394, LordDRIFT

Platform
    PC
    Why doyou want this? Gt3and other race cars have it in the display. And street cars have it too but thats arewater temps?
    CPU:I7- 3770K Cooler: Scythe Mugen4 RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 MAINBOARD:MSI Z77A - GD65 Gaming GPU:MSI 980 GTX Gaming 4G WHEEL: Logitech G27 Monitor: iiyama Prolite G2773HS
    Network: 50000DSLSOS: Win7 Ultimate
    SSD: Corsair Neutron GTX 240 GB HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200umin Driver Nvidia: 344.75

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens Schmitt View Post
    Why doyou want this? Gt3and other race cars have it in the display. And street cars have it too but thats arewater temps?
    Why? So people know what's up with their car. Formula rookie is a good example. Two gauges in it that do nothing, or randomly move, but give no information.
    Why randomly move if it doesn't indicate anything. The one on right seems like a clock with two hands that glitch out.
    Just a Salty old Bastard
    Don't take it personal

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thank you Gravit8. You've replied with a lot of my concerns. But/And, I'm sure I'm not the only person who isn't sooo hardcore we don't use the cockpit view and there's no indication of engine temp on the HUD dial.

It's a tiny little ask, which to those expert drivers will mean nothing, but to those without the expert knowledge will mean a lot.

Why don't I want this?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: LordDRIFT, miagi

Platform
    PS4
    The gauges and Motec display can be difficult to read in some cars so it would be a useful addition, a temperature warning would be handy as well, make a red thermometer symbol of similar size and location to the fuel warning, much better visual indication than the smoke rings
    The following user likes this Post: gelfie

Platform
    PS4
    Ye the R18 TDi and ETron don't have it. I've damaged them and lost races - loss of engine power.
    Something like a warning light in the HUD and maybe a temp gauge in telemetry would sometimes be handy.
    Every other LMP car has one as far as I'm aware, even the Marek diesel LMP 2 car.
    The 12C Motec for me is hard to read (~85 FOV, cockpit view).
    Temps start to get crucial during a race >10 laps. In a tight field, even more so.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: TwilightUA

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Ye the R18 TDi and ETron don't have it. I've damaged them and lost races - loss of engine power.
    Something like a warning light in the HUD and maybe a temp gauge in telemetry would sometimes be handy.
    Every other LMP car has one as far as I'm aware, even the Marek diesel LMP 2 car.
    The 12C Motec for me is hard to read (~85 FOV, cockpit view).
    Temps start to get crucial during a race >10 laps. In a tight field, even more so.

Agreed. Something similar to the "low fuel" warning that flashes on the right side of the screen when you need to pit. Instead of a gas pump maybe flash a little thermometer as just a way of saying "hey stupid, your pushing too hard".
    Project Cars 2 is coming here! Okay enough with the silly signatures... I gotta find something better to put here.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Flat_out, hkraft300, TwilightUA

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by 3800racingfool View Post
    Agreed. Something similar to the "low fuel" warning that flashes on the right side of the screen when you need to pit. Instead of a gas pump maybe flash a little thermometer as just a way of saying "hey stupid, your pushing too hard".
    +1 from me. Constant temp display on HUD is not necessary, but warning light for overheat just hits the spot.

Umer Ahmad
    Not a bad idea

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    Not a bad idea
    Get on to it then. Pass it on. Chop chop.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10