The PS4 patch is about to roll out, and with that, here are the release notes.
Project CARS – PS4 Patch 5.0 – Release notes
* Enforce fixed (default) setups – fixed cases where enabling this would still allow players to use custom setups. Enabled the player's custom controller settings to still be used when using fixed setups.
* Mojave layouts – fixed an issue where, if the host were disqualified, it would force end-of-race for everyone.
* Fixed an issue with tyre choices being ignored during pit stops.
Physics & AI
* Improved AI behaviour in pit lanes to further reduce cars hitting the pit walls when driving out of the garages.
* Fixed an issue where cars under AI control would struggle to drive correctly on tracks with high banking.
* Fixed an issue where some car parts that were dislodged during a collision would not be removed when the track is cleared.
* Fixed an issue where the maximum amount of contract and invitation emails could be exceeded with DLC installed, resulting in the player not being notified of newly unlocked contract offers and invitational events.
* Fixed a bug on the splash screen where the controller used to press the A Button to start was not selected as the current controller.
* Logitech G29 – updated default controller map sets for the layouts to be consistent between wheels and across platforms.
* Removed default assignments for wipers and lights, as this was disabling the wipers/lights turning on automatically when it started raining or got dark.
* Nürburgring GP, Sprint, Sprint Short – fixed an issue that caused issues for cars pitting in the first pit spot.
* Nordschleife – fixed an issue that caused cars to get stuck against the pit wall when driving in the pit lane.
* Nürburgring Sprint Short – fixed a cut track issue at the NGK Chicane.
* Barcelona GP – fixed cut track issue when entering the pit lane.
* Watkins Glen – improved overall track performance to address frame rate drops in certain areas.
* Aston Martin Vantage GTE – tweaked cockpit exposure to work better with rainy conditions.
* Aston Martin DBR 1-2 – set the car up so that the steering wheel remains in a static state when the user chooses the ‘hide wheel’ option, so that the user can still read the vital info displayed on the wheel.
* Aston Martin DBR1 1959 – fixed an issue where the wrong helmet was displayed when using Helmet View, tweaked inertia and roll stiffness to improve collision behaviour.
* Audi 90 IMSA GTO, Audi R8 V10 plus, Ruf Rt 12R – fixed an issue where the KERS bar would appear on the HUD of these cars, even though they don’t have KERS.
* BMW 320 Turbo – fixed an issue where the car would start 'wandering' in straight lines after a few laps.
* Bentley Continental GT3 – updated engine and minimum ride height to match latest; mapped real world balance of performance; updated gearbox ratios to current FIA specifications, putting it more in line with the other GT3 cars.
* Ford Mustang GT – improve braking power to better match the car's weight.
* Ginetta G40 – partial fix for front tires overheating if pressure goes over 1.8bar.
* Historic Lotus Formula cars – improved the Helmet View exposure settings
* Lotus 98T – fixed an issue with missing bodywork in the cockpit
* Mercedes C Class DTM – adjusted steering wheel shift lights to better match the engine's power band.
* Ruf CTR – changed to a more durable brake pad for track use and added an optional brake duct to help control temperatures at slow tracks.
* Mitsubishi Evo-X – improved engine sound quality.
GUI & HUD
* Display correct message when trying to toggle assists when assists are disabled.
* Changed the displayed values for Lateral and Longitudinal weight bias, to make it more intuitive.
* Fixed an issue with bad Text spacing on the Telemetry screen.
* Fixed various issues with the HUD gearshift indicator during replays.
* Fixed an issue where making real time changes to the stability control would display incorrect information.
* Fixed an issue where the in-game Standings screen ‘Lap time’ was cleared too soon.
* Fixed an issue where the ‘Sync to Race’ option was unavailable when configuring Weather Progression.
* Fixed an issue where the Best Driving Line assist appeared in the rear view mirrors.
* Localisation – added ‘United Arab Emirates’ used by Lykan to non-English language sets.
* Fixed an issue with Quick Race Weekend, where running Qualifying and Race without a Practice session would cause the Qualifying session rules to not work correctly.
* Fixed a case where the ‘One more for the road’ achievement would not unlock correctly.
* Fixed an issue where the player could still toggle driving assists on via buttons, even when driving assists was disabled.
* Fixed an issue where the external driving camera would clip through the track on steep banking.
* Fixed an issue with random cloud ‘popping’ in and out of view.
* Fixed an issue with clouds disappearing when using time acceleration.
* Fixed a render timing issue that would at times cause a black screen when the processor is under heavy load.
* Fixed an issue that caused the player’s view to switch from helmet camera to cockpit camera during pit stops.
* Resolved more retail crashes.