Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finish Lap when qualify end

Platform
    PS4

Finish Lap when qualify end

hi

i think a good feature is: if i set 15 minutes of qualify, at 15° minute every car on track could be complete his final lap, as is in real competition, if they cross the line before end last minute of qualify.
    The following user likes this Post: CoTiNhO

Platform
    PC
    it works like that in single player. In MP this isn't present for a reason. What if some tool decided to leave the game alone while on track and just parks his car? Right. Everyone else has to wait for this idiot to come back and finish his lap.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BuToNz, Konan, mantukas334

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    it works like that in single player. In MP this isn't present for a reason. What if some tool decided to leave the game alone while on track and just parks his car? Right. Everyone else has to wait for this idiot to come back and finish his lap.
    You are right but if you give him max x second as when finish the race (with 200 seconds i think) ... problem is solved.

Platform
    PC
    That just highlights another issue SMS need to sort out.
    Cars just sitting on track stationary! If a car/player isn't active within a lobby for a set amount of time they need to be automatically kicked.

To many races online just have random cars sat all over the start grid etc because players ain't active.
    Processor: AMD Piledriver FX-8 8350 4GHz Overclocked 4.5GHz | Videocard: Asus GTX 980 | Gamepad: Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheel Base + Formula Rim + Clubsport V2 |
    Network Card: Asus PCE-N15 Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX | Sound Card/Headphones: Razer Kraken 7.1 | Monitor/s: Asus VN247H 24" Super Narrow Bezel
    Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR3 | PSU: OCW 650W | Keyboard+Mouse: Logitech G510 + Madcatz R.A.T 3 | OS: Windows 7 x64

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Thomas View Post
    That just highlights another issue SMS need to sort out.
    Cars just sitting on track stationary! If a car/player isn't active within a lobby for a set amount of time they need to be automatically kicked.

To many races online just have random cars sat all over the start grid etc because players ain't active.
    I could well be wrong, but I think most if not all those static cars on the multiplayer race grid are from racers that joined the the server in pre-race sessions and then left for whatever reason before the race start.

I've sometimes joined a server, then realised my wheel button config has swapped its alternative config, so I exit and sort out my buttons. I then rejoin the same server and see my name listed twice.
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z

Platform
    PS4
    With extra Max time the problem is resolved and everyone could complete the final lap, as is when the race end

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Or the host could just go into the Pause menu and hit Skip to Next Session.

I would love to be able to finish the current qualifying lap. I've been dying to see that put, along with a way to set an endurance race of X minutes, as opposed to Y amount of laps.

Platform
    PS4
    why make another problem when there isnt one? be aware of the time and problem solved
    psn: mantukas334.
    thrustmaster t80

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by mantukas334 View Post
    why make another problem when there isnt one? be aware of the time and problem solved
    This doesn't solve the problem, its actually a tactic i think some teams use to their advantage. They allow you to finish the qualifying lap you are on in most professional racing series. This annoys me to no end that i cant finish my lap, especially when you are part way through a hot lap and you are in the green. Either way it is going to require people sitting around. In the current state if i know i wont finish my lap i retire to pits and basically just sit there and wait. If someone else finished the lap with 1 second on the clock i sat there and waited usually 1 minute plus for the session to end. If they allowed 2:00 to finish whatever lap you are on whoever finished right at 15 minutes or however long the session was may have to wait 2 minutes but everyone else gets to finish their lap atleast. This would allow them to go to the pits and make whatever tweaks necessary to pit strategy or setup. What if i did that at the beggining of the session and want to use all the time available to me? Why should it cut me off half way through a lap.
    PTG Home

Race Team
    Tester

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunadix View Post
    You are right but if you give him max x second as when finish the race (with 200 seconds i think) ... problem is solved.
    Fixed time is not OK since there are large tracks, and slow drivers.

What if I am on a fast lap, time is up, and I get into the sand pit. Still, I can get out of in on my own forces. And I should, cause I have no lap set, and I know other drivers (for whatever reason) don't have a time. I can pass all of them, if I can complete that lap. Any time is OK.

In reality, the qualify also only starts by opening the pits. So, it takes what ... some minutes before you are actually even starting a lap. This is just the delay on the other side.
    You can't measure that.
    One way may be a solution: implement a rule that all times should be witin 107% of the pole time. Then you can calculate, and stop session correctly. But, pole time also changes, sometimes in the last lap!
    Last edited by Montana.BE; 20-10-2015 at 19:52.