Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Serious neck pain

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by venquessa View Post
    Hopefully it's just something I will get used to and the pain will go away.
    Consult a Doctor mate. Don't count on it going away on its own.

Get yourself a cherry stone pillow or something similar and keep your neck warm while relaxing on the couch.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Gordon, Invincible, Liquid7394

Platform
    PC
    Warmth always helped me with my neck pain. Although, I can play pcars all day without issues but I have nearly guaranteed neck pain when I leave the office after work. That's why I bought a c-shaped cherry stone pillow which wraps around my neck really nicely.

But seriously, go see an orthopedist first
    Last edited by Invincible; 27-10-2015 at 14:22.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    YES! I did have this but fixed it yesterday!

The seat controls are great - especially the Seat Angle... I had to move this a long way from the default for it to seem 'natural' in my rig.

Bonus effect is that now I get a huge space of beautiful sky / stars for the top half of my screen.

Platform
    PC
    Try filming yourself while playing. This sounds weird I know but a friend of mine while playing bf2 would open and close his mouth every time he used to jump in the game. I was laughing at him once while watching him play and he asked me what was so funny. When I told him he said he has no idea he was consciously doing it. Maybe your doing something similar with your body position ? My wife moans at me that im "leaning to far forward" whilst playing certain games, but I noticed I only did it in intense moments of game play. Another friend once told me whilst playing medal of honour and doing a 'one on one' fight that he was literally dripping with sweat after he finally killed his opponent. Must be how certain people react to situations.
    i5-3470 @ 3.2GHz_16GB DDR3 1333Hz_Sapphire AMD R9 270X OC 4GB_SSD 500gb_Windows 7

Superkart Pilot ElectricBlues85's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Go see the Doc.

Neck pain that 'lasts all day' is not something to ignore.
    PSN: ElectricBlues85
    PS4 - T300RS - Wheel Stand Pro - Real Assists
    YouTube Channel

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Skimmer View Post
    Try filming yourself while playing. This sounds weird I know
    I totally get what you are saying and wondered if someone watched would they see odd things. Didn't consider filming myself. Good idea. I have caught myself leaning in corners, but everyones does this right? I find it helps me track the G load on the car and time when it will come on and fade off.

I do know during tense battles, like 10 GT cars into one corner and you are in the middle of them, I will be sitting up, tensed, leaning forwards. While I probably do that in my real car in tense situ's I don't have to deal with racing! Just morning rush hour, which is a bit like a touring car race at 1/10th speed over here.... without the contact... mostly.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I had exactly this I think , like a burning right between my shoulder blades at the base of my neck ! I found that by bringing my wheel slightly closer to my body by only an inch or two has sorted it out . It might also be you are tensing up without even noticing it

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi Guys,

I bought pCars two weeks ago. Brilliant game. Best sim yet. A few notches up on LFS where I was playing before.

Downside is, I have terribly bad neck pain while playing it. Started as just a burning at the back of my neck that went away when I finished playing and relaxed. Now it has spread to hurting all day even when I'm not playing. I'm not doing massively long sessions. Currently working my way up through GT4 sessions, which are about 30-40min races tops and I seldom do more than 2 back to back and in the evenings that's all I have time for. Weekends I might do 2 races, then take a break for a few hours, then do another race or two. Not exactly like I was back in the days of GT1 and GT2 where I played non-stop for 14 hours a day.

May not be the game per-sae as I also upgraded from an older Logitech racing wheel with a 180* rotation to a Logitech G920.

Anyone else had neck pains playing this or other games? Any tips? I'm sure it is probably tension and posture related. I tried lowering my seat which helped a bit.

Paul
    As someone with back pain and nerve damage. Suffer from similar.
    Simple exercises to counter the sitting and working with arms.
    If your not as fit as some younger simmers, like me, these seemingly simple driving exercises actually create a lot of tension in the mid to upper back.
    Poor posture certainly won't help, so seating and a comfy position is critical.

I find doing simple arm circles will work a lot of the tension from mid back area after a session. Hits the same area you were using. Also. Static butt crunches for you gluteus while standing helps the nerve your sitting on.
    My stuff comes from egoscue books and clinics.
    There is a book called "pain free" by Egoscue, that details a lot of the common causes of chronic pain and gives out exercises to suit and counter act each type of common activity that cause pain.
    Like sitting in front of monitors etc.
    it's a really good book for living in general, with specific stuff related to activities that promote bad posture and pain. And how to do an exercise that specifically off sets whatever damage you might be doing.
    The man who wrote it was a World War Two vet that came back busted up and needed to develop routines to deal with chronic pain.

It's pretty much basic physiology that was likely practiced by early doctors when there was no such thing as internal medicine.
    Promotes overall symmetry and fixes compensatory muscle issues by identifying them and counter acting them.
    It works
    Last edited by Gravit8; 27-10-2015 at 21:42.
    Just a Salty old Bastard
    Don't take it personal

Platform
    PC
    Anyone else had neck pains
    Had one for quite a few years ~ got a divorce and the neck pain disappeared
    Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4820K ~ Motherboard ASUS® SABERTOOTH X79
    16GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz
    Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780
    T300RS wheel ~ Windows 10 Build 10586

http://steamsignature.com/profile/en...8009689768.png
    The following user likes this Post:

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Maybe its an STD