Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport - PS4

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Gran Turismo Sport - PS4

"Building on its legacy as the most realistic and accessible driving simulator, GT Sport has partnered with the FIA to push the boundaries of racing games. In addition to everything you'd expect from a GT, the team at Polyphony and the FIA are introducing an online racing series that will be recognised alongside real world motor racing by the FIA," says the video blurb.

Gran Turismo Sport will be making its way to PS4, with a beta set to roll out in 2016

The following 6 users likes this Post: GAT_Montana, Gravit8, JoeDogs, marcioindau, Octane100, vahagn_hayk

Platform
    PC
    I'm intrigued
    Processor: AMD Piledriver FX-8 8350 4GHz Overclocked 4.5GHz | Videocard: Asus GTX 980 | Gamepad: Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheel Base + Formula Rim + Clubsport V2 |
    Network Card: Asus PCE-N15 Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX | Sound Card/Headphones: Razer Kraken 7.1 | Monitor/s: Asus VN247H 24" Super Narrow Bezel
    Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR3 | PSU: OCW 650W | Keyboard+Mouse: Logitech G510 + Madcatz R.A.T 3 | OS: Windows 7 x64
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Liquid7394, SUBGTRACER

Superkart Pilot ElectricBlues85's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Looks nice, they always do.

I can't help but think it's going to be more of the same though. Bad sounds, AI on rails, 40 variations of each car to bolster the line up. This isn't GT7 though is it? Is this a prequel?
    PSN: ElectricBlues85
    PS4 - T300RS - Wheel Stand Pro - Real Assists
    YouTube Channel

Platform
    PC
    meh

. Building on its legacy as the most realistic and accessible driving simulator
    What!?

Otherwise it sounds interesting, something I would like for pcars 2... Or pcars sport... Hehe

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    This might explain the game better

FIA Gran Turismo Championships

In Gran Turismo Sport, there will be two FIA online championships running simultaneously. In the Nations Cup, players will be able represent their home country. Whilst in the Manufacturers Cup, players will be driving on behalf of their favorite car manufacturer.
    Players will not only be able to race as drivers themselves, they’ll also be able to root for their home country or their favorite manufacturers teams.
    The winner of the championship will be awarded in the same manner as real life motorsports champions, at the FIA prize giving ceremony. This will be a historic moment, the first time a video game will officially be recognized as part of the real motoring world.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: JoeDogs, Liquid7394, SUBGTRACER, vahagn_hayk

Platform
    PS4
    I am definitely interested in this. Hopefully they are going for a full online racing experience as a different franchise from Gran Turismo 1-7. Gran Turismo 7 can be more of the stereotypical GT game and this can be a little more intense. I am open to getting both.
    Last edited by apexatspeed; 27-10-2015 at 20:38.
    The M6 GT3, R8 LMS, and AMG GT3 would be a perfect German rivals DLC. I'd pay 15 dollars just for those 3 cars.

Platform
    PS4
    I will be playing this game. At least as a hold off for GT7. Once that game hits I'll probably burn out my PS4 within a week.

Platform
    PC
    I cant quite decide what i think of it....of course it looks great in the trailers...GT games always do.

But from what it appears to me is that its like a massively expanded GT Academy, with prizes at the end at the FIA Prize Giving Ceremony each year.

No mention of a classic "GT Mode", will it come with the game, will it be added later...will GT7 be a separate game alongside this?
    Details are too sparse right now to think whether i like this or not.......i'm a slow and quite honestly crap racer, so i will never be competitive in these tournaments, like i never was in GT Academy. So what relevance does this title have to me if im languishing somewhere in the bottom half of the tables.

Who knows....i'm intrigued, but failing to get my hype up, whereas normally i'd be incredibly pumped at the announcement of a new GT.
    | Intel i7 6770k Skylake 4.0GHz | Maximus VIII Formula | GEForce GTX 1080 | 32Gb DDR4 2133MHz Ram | Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD | 2 x WD 2Tb 7200RPM Data Drive | Corsair 850W PSU (Modular) | WIN 10 Pro 64 Bit | 34" Dell U3415W 21:9 3440x1440 Ultrawide | 24" Samsung 1080p side monitor |

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricBlues85 View Post
    Looks nice, they always do.

I can't help but think it's going to be more of the same though. Bad sounds, AI on rails, 40 variations of each car to bolster the line up. This isn't GT7 though is it? Is this a prequel?
    As far as sounds go they have employed the main sound guy who worked on forza so I don't think that will be a problem anymore , I'm excited to see what they can come up with with new hardware I think it will be visually stunning as usual .

Gameplay we will see .

day one purchase anyway.

Platform
    PS4
    They need to rebuild this from the ground up or it'll be absolute tripe. Gran Turismo 6 had its plus points, but ultimately felt prehistoric in that it was still painfully obviously using an ancient engine, the handling, AI etc just feels terrible when you put it next to PCars or Forza 6. They won't get away with using that engine again, it's more than tired, it's at the absolute end of the line. No pretty graphics will polish that turd again.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Borez, mister dog