Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport - PS4

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by m355y View Post
    They need to rebuild this from the ground up or it'll be absolute tripe. Gran Turismo 6 had its plus points, but ultimately felt prehistoric in that it was still painfully obviously using an ancient engine, the handling, AI etc just feels terrible when you put it next to PCars or Forza 6. They won't get away with using that engine again, it's more than tired, it's at the absolute end of the line. No pretty graphics will polish that turd again.
    A little harsh to say the least , referring to graphics they were pulling from a ps3 of all things ....

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    They need to rebuild this from the ground up or it'll be absolute tripe. Gran Turismo 6 had its plus points, but ultimately felt prehistoric in that it was still painfully obviously using an ancient engine, the handling, AI etc just feels terrible when you put it next to PCars or Forza 6. They won't get away with using that engine again, it's more than tired, it's at the absolute end of the line. No pretty graphics will polish that turd again.
    You're comparing a last-gen game to current-gen games.

Platform
    PC
    I always thought of GT6 as Polyphony saying goodbye to the PS3 really, it came out pretty late in the life of the PS3 and it felt like some kind of farewell. Decent enough game though, and without it we wouldn't be here now.
    However the bar is considerably higher than it has ever been, so they will need to be aware of what's going on around them if they are to make the next chapter as successful as the last ones. I think a lot of us will be watching this one.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Gavin Thomas, Liquid7394, Octane100, SUBGTRACER, Tomcul

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBGTRACER View Post
    As far as sounds go they have employed the main sound guy who worked on forza so I don't think that will be a problem anymore , I'm excited to see what they can come up with with new hardware I think it will be visually stunning as usual .

Gameplay we will see .

day one purchase anyway.
    They also advertised a vehicle dynamics position, so it looks as though the physics will be improved as well. I'm confident that this will tend very much towards a sim, just like Pcars.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'll buy a PS4 just for that - can't imagine not giving it a go. Trailer looks really great, but if it turns out bad, well ......., been there, done that.
    Router -- Xbox One -- Thrustmaster TX F458 Italia FFB -- 94 cm HDDTV -- Loving wife [Temporary using Xbox controller]
    The following user likes this Post: SUBGTRACER

Platform
    PS4
    A little harsh to say the least , referring to graphics they were pulling from a ps3 of all things ....
    Read it again - I'm not referring to the graphics at all.

Platform
    PC
    As far as sounds go they have employed the main sound guy who worked on forza so I don't think that will be a problem anymore , I'm excited to see what they can come up with with new hardware I think it will be visually stunning as usual .

Gameplay we will see .

day one purchase anyway.
    same here day one purchase along with pre-order
    The following user likes this Post: Octane100

Platform
    PS4
    A big name release but will it live up to the hype? I hope so. Competition is always a good thing! I reckon it will be geared towards the general gamer though, with the amount of people of will buy it just because of the name. Which means not as "SIM" as we all on here may hope for......
    > Win'10 Pro / i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz / Patriot Viper 2x4Gb @ 2133MHz / Gigabyte Z77 D3H / Saph' R9 280X VapourX @ 1070/1550MHz / 120Gb SSD / 1TB HDD / Corsair CX750

> Sony Playstation 4 / Thrustmaster T300RS / Wheelstand Pro V2 / Logitech MK710 Combo / www.DiRTRallyGame.com

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I am all about more racing games - I had fun with every GT game. Hoping this one is a step in the right direction. GT6 had more steps backwards than forwards IMO.

Seriously though.. if they add a quick log on and race mode (looking at you GT5 shuffle mode) that would be great, thanks.
    PS4-Pro // T300rs // TH8a // T3PA-Pros // Numpad button box // WSP & Folding Chair
    But yeah.. I am not that good. - CC
    The following user likes this Post: Gravit8

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Read it again - I'm not referring to the graphics at all.
    Are you referring to the engine? What's wrong with it? As far as I know the engine was built with the ps4 in mind. The PS3 was incapable of exploiting its full capabilities, which is why gt6 lacked the fine detail and nuances both graphically and in terms of physics/car dynamics.

I remember Kaz saying a number of times that the PS3 was choking the game and that the ps4 will at last allow the hard work they did on the engine to come through and really shine.
    The following user likes this Post: Gravit8