Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport - PS4

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeC View Post
    Are you referring to the engine? What's wrong with it? As far as I know the engine was built with the ps4 in mind. The PS3 was incapable of exploiting its full capabilities, which is why gt6 lacked the fine detail and nuances both graphically and in terms of physics/car dynamics.

I remember Kaz saying a number of times that the PS3 was choking the game and that the ps4 will at last allow the hard work they did on the engine to come through and really shine.
    I have no Dought that this will be a huge step up of all aspects as was gt prologue / gt5 / gt6 from the ps2 gt games........ If we see the same advances for ps2 to ps3 the ps4 version will be something to behold.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBGTRACER View Post
    I have no Dought that this will be a huge step up of all aspects as was gt prologue / gt5 / gt6 from the ps2 gt games........ If we see the same advances for ps2 to ps3 the ps4 version will be something to behold.
    I agree. Polyphony have always pushed the envelope on every generation. This has never been a company out to release a mediocre product just to grab some money in the short-term. I'm sure they've been playing Pcars and assetto corsa and they know what they have to do compete. I really don't see them delivering a mediocre product. No way.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Gravit8, SUBGTRACER

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by m355y View Post
    They need to rebuild this from the ground up or it'll be absolute tripe. Gran Turismo 6 had its plus points, but ultimately felt prehistoric in that it was still painfully obviously using an ancient engine, the handling, AI etc just feels terrible when you put it next to PCars or Forza 6. They won't get away with using that engine again, it's more than tired, it's at the absolute end of the line. No pretty graphics will polish that turd again.
    I'm gonna guess the yakuza over at Sony had a nice look under the hood of the PCars build.
    That's what I would do if I were them.
    GT had plenty of time to get to PS4 first, but I think they knew they needed a new engine to run it.
    They certainly need to step up and make something that represents the next gen console, the way PCars did.
    And yes, there AI had better see some improvement. Or online play better be a winner. Because rubber banded AI putting in the same laps over and over and getting out of your way once you catch them is not going to cut it again this time around.

Quick question for anyone who's played forza 6? Did they step up this time around for xbox1?
    Last edited by Gravit8; 29-10-2015 at 00:12.
    Just a Salty old Bastard
    Don't take it personal

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    They also advertised a vehicle dynamics position, so it looks as though the physics will be improved as well. I'm confident that this will tend very much towards a sim, just like Pcars.
    Yes. It's what they have been building towards. And the reason a lot of us are into sims in the first place.
    Kaz really does see virtual Motorsport as a savior for when real world Motorsport dies, because oil dies.
    Kinda weird and sketchy that FIA already sees a transition coming
    for the next 100 years.
    Oh my
    Just a Salty old Bastard
    Don't take it personal

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravit8 View Post
    Yes. It's what they have been building towards. And the reason a lot of us are into sims in the first place.
    Kaz really does see virtual Motorsport as a savior for when real world Motorsport dies, because oil dies.
    Kinda weird and sketchy that FIA already sees a transition coming
    for the next 100 years.
    Oh my
    Interesting post. However, my perception is that Kaz sees virtual Motorsport as a way of preserving Motorsport by introducing it to the younger generations. The FIA thing is atm a good way to allow people who are otherwise unable to compete in an insanely expensive and exclusive sport to have their slice of the action.

I think regardless of what happens there will always be people who will enjoy climbing into an insanely fast singleseater and pushing it to the limit in real life. But certainly simulators are playing a bigger role now in whetting people's appetites for racing, whereas in the past seeing a race on TV or in real life was the only way to catch the bug.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Need to check the trophy list before getting it.

Wanna keep my 100% streak going. Lol.
    *Gold trophy: be at the FIA gala.
    *Silver trophy: beat the ranked 1 player in the worlds time trail time.

Just ideas.

Platform
    PC
    They used to always have the edge graphically, but it seems they have been surpassed in that area now also if you look at the competition.
    All that is left now is the outdated gameplay, which i doubt will be much better offline even if they put 'sport' behind the name.

As i mentioned on GTP; just look at this screenshot, one of their 400 k's an hour VGT batmobiles leading an LMP on the ring of all places:

Last edited by mister dog; 29-10-2015 at 07:11.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by mister dog View Post
    They used to always have the edge graphically, but it seems they have been surpassed in that area now also if you look at the competition.
    All that is left now is the outdated gameplay, which i doubt will be much better offline even if they put 'sport' behind the name.

As i mentioned on GTP; just look at this screenshot, one of their 400 k's an hour VGT batmobiles leading an LMP on the ring of all places:

It looks great. They seem to have toned the colours down a bit and there seems to be more detail in the trees and the textures look slightly better. There isn't much they can do visually since once photo realism is achieved there isn't really anywhere to go other than just keep adding detail.

Btw, there will still be a gt7. Gran Turismo sport will be a prologue of sorts, although I'm told it will be more substantial and more expansive than the gt5 prologue back in the early PS3 days.

Platform
    PS4
    Are you referring to the engine? What's wrong with it? As far as I know the engine was built with the ps4 in mind. The PS3 was incapable of exploiting its full capabilities, which is why gt6 lacked the fine detail and nuances both graphically and in terms of physics/car dynamics.

I remember Kaz saying a number of times that the PS3 was choking the game and that the ps4 will at last allow the hard work they did on the engine to come through and really shine.
    Yeah. I went back and played GT6 a few weeks ago after spending time on Forza 6 and PCars and to me anyway it felt ****ing garbage. The tracks felt narrow, the faster cars felt willowy and vague, the AI was as useless as ever just trundling around on rails with massive gaps between them all. It feels a generation behind - if that was an engine 'built for the PS4' I'm concerned as hell because it doesn't feel like it's moved forward that far at all previously. No comparison at all with the pack racing in PCars.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by m355y View Post
    Yeah. I went back and played GT6 a few weeks ago after spending time on Forza 6 and PCars and to me anyway it felt ****ing garbage. The tracks felt narrow, the faster cars felt willowy and vague, the AI was as useless as ever just trundling around on rails with massive gaps between them all. It feels a generation behind - if that was an engine 'built for the PS4' I'm concerned as hell because it doesn't feel like it's moved forward that far at all previously. No comparison at all with the pack racing in PCars.
    Yeah, lack of processing power means simplified physics, visuals, AI, force feedback et. However, with the extra capabilities of the ps4 hardware you will find that suddenly you can make the Ai more intelligent, the physics and force feedback more nuanced and refined, the frame rate smoother, the textures and lighting more detailed etc.