Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DX12 Progress

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

DX12 Progress

Hi,
    Now that the new UI is almost out on XboxOne (12 Nov) , I was wondering if their is some news about the dx12 upgrade the team was talking about a couple of months ago?
    Is there still the intension on bringing it out on the console and what timetable are we talking about?
    Maybe this can also solve the sound stuttering and a few framerate problems.
    Still racing everyday (although halo 5 is keeping me busy at the moment) and appreciating more and more what work has gone in the tyre and chassis model.
    Manuel

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I've already seen graphics and sound glitch improvements with the NXOE, not sure if DX12 is part of or that's still a later addition. Still, certainly been an improvement so far. Bugs are still being ironed out but it's getting good
    XB GT - Steel Jockey. Steam GT - STEELJOCKEY.Project CARS 2 GOLD Member
    FB AUS/NZ Combined Racing League YouTube Mrsteeljockey
    Xbox Scorpio,TS-XW, Sparco P310 rim, Protosimtech PT2 pedals, racing cockpit, Onkyo 7.1, Panasonic 55"
    Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, i9-9900k, 32gb DDR4-2133, Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500gb, WD Blue 2tb HDD, Oculus Rift S
    The following user likes this Post: Strydervip

Platform
    PC
    I'm certain I read several times there will be no dx12 for pcars 1, it's a rewrite.
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Flat_out, nissan4ever

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorAustin View Post
    I'm certain I read several times there will be no dx12 for pcars 1, it's a rewrite.
    yeah, I believe this is the case. I am more interested in the new SDK that will improve performance of the 7th core.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELJOCKEY View Post
    I've already seen graphics and sound glitch improvements with the NXOE, not sure if DX12 is part of or that's still a later addition. Still, certainly been an improvement so far. Bugs are still being ironed out but it's getting good
    Same here! Game looks and runs better with the new dashboard! Come November 12th everyone will see!
    The following user likes this Post: KkDrummer

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorAustin View Post
    That's correct.

However, Project CARS 2 will be written with it
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate SSD 1 TB USB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode
    The following 2 users likes this Post: KkDrummer, TrevorAustin

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks guys for the answers.
    Didn't hear that Dx 12 was cancelled for XboxOne.
    Little disappointed but this is only if dx 12 did bring more fps and improvements.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliman View Post
    Thanks guys for the answers.
    Didn't hear that Dx 12 was cancelled for XboxOne.
    Little disappointed but this is only if dx 12 did bring more fps and improvements.
    DX12 isn't cancelled. What they are saying is DX12 will not improve Pcars, or any other game that is released before DX12. It should improve system performance, also "Fingers crossed" every game that has the sound glitch. Every game i own has the sound glitch.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3X...a0-OfDJEMI8xZwCLICK THE LINK FOR MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I don't think I've heard the sound glitch at all on the NXOE, maybe the barest noise very rarely, to the point I think it is pretty much gone. Same with graphics. 11 days to go!
    XB GT - Steel Jockey. Steam GT - STEELJOCKEY.Project CARS 2 GOLD Member
    FB AUS/NZ Combined Racing League YouTube Mrsteeljockey
    Xbox Scorpio,TS-XW, Sparco P310 rim, Protosimtech PT2 pedals, racing cockpit, Onkyo 7.1, Panasonic 55"
    Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, i9-9900k, 32gb DDR4-2133, Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500gb, WD Blue 2tb HDD, Oculus Rift S
    The following user likes this Post: KkDrummer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It should improve system performance, also "Fingers crossed" every game that has the sound glitch. Every game i own has the sound glitch.
    don't use the rapid launch mode on your xBoxOne, with economic energie the RAM is reboot cleared so you will no more have sound glitch with your other games.
    It's better also to make "Quit" on dash bord ( (context system menu) under the last game or app used before launch a big game.

With Project cars the sound glitch will stay a little but less since the recent patch.

sorry for my english
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ashasha, KkDrummer