Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My new V2 DIY ButtonBox with Arduino "Project"

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionR3D View Post
    Hey G, I see you get the project started... Real good!
    Question, what will be the functions you want to give the buttons.
    I see 3 adjustment switches 1/0/1. I assume for BB, FARB and RARB.
    But what about seat adjustment for example?

And do you want to use 2 boxes at the same time? A letter (eg W) will be a letter W for the ps4, regardless with which box the input is given. This is limiting the total amount of inputs. (Is this what you meant Fre.Mo?)

you have some nice stuff there G!
    Hey Scorpion

Yes yes, I was a long time waiting for all the nice goods coming down from china, but now desided to start with more detailed planing etc.

For the button assignment you are right, the 3 middle toggle switches are for BB, FARB and RARB.
    The other are not yet definded.
    Seat adjustment is for me not so important, but with the coming hold function on FW 2.0 for Arduino, it will (should) be possible to double assign the buttons.
    If this will work as expected, I could use as example the button for BB with short press for BB and with the hold function for seat up/down.

And the idea about two boxes is only an idea and it would be 2 boxes but wiring to only one controller.
    but as mentioned already, I doubt that you will need so many buttons.
    And I also doubt that the PS4 would allow more than one keyboard to be connected and working.

But when I have finished my box V2 I have one with BT and one wired and I will test it.

Cu
    GForce
    PCars on PS4 with G29 Wheel, G27 Shifter and a DIY Bluetooth Botton Box on a Playseat Evo Top Gear edition

Playseat Challenge for Sale - Shipping within Germany, France, Switzerland possible -> PM me if interested!

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by VR-42 View Post
    What is the model number for the board?
    Ta
    I don't know from top of my head, but it has a special bootloader and FW for the usage with the PS4.

You can find more detailed information here:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-under-20-USD

Cu
    GForce
    PCars on PS4 with G29 Wheel, G27 Shifter and a DIY Bluetooth Botton Box on a Playseat Evo Top Gear edition

Playseat Challenge for Sale - Shipping within Germany, France, Switzerland possible -> PM me if interested!

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GForce View Post
    And I also doubt that the PS4 would allow more than one keyboard to be connected and working.
    I connected my keyboard-PCB based button box and a numpad and they were both recognized.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fre.Mo View Post
    I connected my keyboard-PCB based button box and a numpad and they were both recognized.
    Thanks for that Input, good to know.

In this case I should not plan to exchange my V1 with the V2, I will plan to put the V2 along with the V1. One on each side

Cu
    GForce

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I have never used a button box before. I noticed the DIY ones and the pre made ones have toggle switches. How are those wired? Do they do the same things as holding down the key? OR Do the switches not physically stay in the switch position? Basically what keyboard key press function are they doing?

Was thinking it wouldn't be ideal for them to be holding the closed position, would it?
    PS4-Pro // T300rs // TH8a // T3PA-Pros // Numpad button box // WSP & Folding Chair
    But yeah.. I am not that good. - CC

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire77 View Post
    I have never used a button box before. I noticed the DIY ones and the pre made ones have toggle switches. How are those wired? Do they do the same things as holding down the key? OR Do the switches not physically stay in the switch position? Basically what keyboard key press function are they doing?

Was thinking it wouldn't be ideal for them to be holding the closed position, would it?
    That is why my switches are only momentary switches. Every switch release to an OFF position.
    But there are boxes around that will close the circuit and give a continues signal
    PS4 / T300RS+T3PA+TH8A / WheelStandPro / DIY ButtonBox / Manual Gears + No Assists
    PSN MTH-34

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionR3D View Post
    That is why my switches are only momentary switches. Every switch release to an OFF position.
    But there are boxes around that will close the circuit and give a continues signal

Ah I see - thanks
    PS4-Pro // T300rs // TH8a // T3PA-Pros // Numpad button box // WSP & Folding Chair
    But yeah.. I am not that good. - CC

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GForce View Post
    Hey Scorpion

Yes yes, I was a long time waiting for all the nice goods coming down from china, but now desided to start with more detailed planing etc.

For the button assignment you are right, the 3 middle toggle switches are for BB, FARB and RARB.
    The other are not yet definded.
    Seat adjustment is for me not so important, but with the coming hold function on FW 2.0 for Arduino, it will (should) be possible to double assign the buttons.
    If this will work as expected, I could use as example the button for BB with short press for BB and with the hold function for seat up/down
    Cu
    GForce
    Ahh yes, I forgot about the double function asignments. Sounds good.
    And indeed things as seat adjustments are not mandatory anyway. Therefor it sounds perfect to add them as secondary functions to the switches which you do use.
    PS4 / T300RS+T3PA+TH8A / WheelStandPro / DIY ButtonBox / Manual Gears + No Assists
    PSN MTH-34

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Ah I see - thanks
    Here is a post from Memoric77. His box has switches who give a continues signal.
    PSN MTH-34
    The following user likes this Post: Spitfire77

Platform
    PS4

Yeah, as Scorpion allready said, there are two sort of switches, permanent and momentary. permanent, as per name, stay in a position like on or off, while momentary are going back to the "neutral" position.
    I'm planing to use 3 way switches, on/off/on. not pressed is off, and you can press them into 2 directions where you have 2 different on positions.

At the pictures at the beginning of this thread, these are permantent switches. but they are only a placeholder for the planing, as the momentary swichtes have not yet arrived.

Cu
    GForce