Thread: Th8a compatible?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Th8a compatible?

Hey guys I heard it works for this game but how well? Is it worth it? I saw many issues of it not recognizing shifts that are not in sequence? Has it been fixed?

Platform
    PC
    Not working when shifts not in sequence only happens when you use it in a car that doesn't have an H-shifter, which is intended behaviour. Shifter works fine with the game
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    Hasn't that been fixed in one of the patches anyway pretty sure I tried an fa car using the h shifter and it was fine
    MSI X99 Gaming 7, 16GB Hyper-X XMP Predator EVGA SC ACX 2 980Ti 1252/1446 boost ram 7776Ghz 64deg max, I7 5820K running at 4.6Ghz 60deg max, Corsair RM850, Thrustmaster T500RS and F1/T28 leather rim, Windows 8.1, Rift dk2, gt omega rs6 pro, 1080p triples bezel corrected to 6080*1080, Game settings at max except in-game AA, Nvidia inspector/maxwell AA on/transparency on/32*CSAA/8*SGSS/FXAA on, sim vibe chassis/4*Reckhorn 200s 200 watt Onkyo Amp.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The shifter works very well. There are a number of older cars in the game that are set up for manual shifting. It is actually faster to shift with the TH8A then with the paddle shifters on the wheel. The game employs a time delay to simulate the time a driver needs/uses to shift. Very cool. Anyway, if you are good at upshifting and downshifting you can gain a bit of speed using the shifter. When needed I have downshifted from 4th gear to 2nd gear and while some cars will balk a bit, the rapid decrease in speed to round a turn is very realistic.
    @

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Just have to watch decompression if changing to early and having your car facing the wrong way on the track

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    ^ That's what toe and heel downshifts are for. If you're in say 4th gear and braking, when you press the clutch to downshift, momentarily blip the throttle with your heel to match the engine revs just before you shift to 2nd. This helps lessen the sudden engine braking effect which causes the rear wheels to lock up causing spins.
    In some cars, this 'lift of over steer' can actually help in tight, twisty sections. The Mitsubishi TME from the new DLC pack corners better with a bit of 'slip / slide' cornering technique with a bit of Scandinavian flick thrown in for good measure. Also setting brake bias more to the rear helps turn in under braking.
    Oh, and yes, the TH8A is fantastic when used in H mode with H patterned manual cars. Haven't tried it in sequential mode, I just use the paddles for cars that have SQ gearboxes.
    Last edited by thegt500; 06-11-2015 at 07:33.
    The following user likes this Post: Spitfire77

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Very new to the TH8A but loving it. The H pattern is great fun but I mainly use the sequential shifting.

The heal and toe is interesting, I was unaware of the reasoning behind it but will try it out as I have thrown the car round due to the locking up, thanks TheGT500.
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300RS, T3PA, TH8A ¦ Rig: Gameracer Pro ¦ Platform: Playstation 4 Pro + PSVR ¦ PSN: DaveBisto