Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Simresults.net - a webbased result reader & PHP library

Platform
    PC
    I tested this last night as we have our first league race coming up this weekend and this would make my post race review and scoring MUCH easier. I did encounter some minor issues and am wondering if it is something I did wrong, or if it is a bug with the system still.

The results showed up fine as far as drivers and finishing order, but all of the details such as Laps, Time/Retired, Best Lap, and Laps Led were blank.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	simresults.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	221933

The top 4 drivers all finished the race, and I retired on Lap 7.

Is there something wrong with the file creation on my server that I need to look at, or is this what I should expect at the moment? I know the site says this method (JSON file) is still in BETA, so not sure if this is an issue on the tool's side or on my server's side.

Thanks.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi F1_Racer68,

Many thanks for your information!

The log didn't contain any events. So no lap data whatsoever. This is new to me

It did have a result indeed with proper order which includes a "FastestLapTime". I made it so that when there are no laps, the fastest lap is read and added to the participant (please note it will be missing sector times). So you still have basic results with 1 lap.

Besides that your log contains some new interesting DNF information. I expanded the parser to also parse that. See Race 1 for example: http://simresults.net/151112-6rI . As you can see with other race results. DNF info is not always provided

So Simresults now parses in best way possible. Other than that it is a real log issue. I don't know whether you can disable events by config etc? If so, enable it

Again thanks for your feedback. It made the parser a bit better again. Better have a little data than no data at all

Thanks!

Platform
    PC
    Thanks! I will check the configuration and test again tonight. I'm hoping this will greatly simplify our league results tracking.

Right now I am using the default sms_stats lua config. I have not made any changes to it, so I'm not sure what I have and what I don't have.
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    Thanks! I will check the configuration and test again tonight. I'm hoping this will greatly simplify our league results tracking.

Right now I am using the default sms_stats lua config. I have not made any changes to it, so I'm not sure what I have and what I don't have.
    F1_Racer68, you should check the sms_stats_config.json file that is generated on the lua_config folder after the first run of the server.
    On it you can see the config of what is going to be recorded.

If not mistaken, it comes on default like this:
    config : {

// Length limit for the history. Oldest sessions will be removed from the history.
    // Use 0 to completely disable session history tracking.
    // Use negative number for infinite history.
    "history_length" : 50,

// Should the history track session events?
    // If enabled, these participant event types will be tracked per stage:
    // Lap, State, Impact, CutTrackStart, CutTrackEnd
    "track_events" : false,

// Should the history track session results?
    // If enabled, the Results participant events will be tracked per stage.
    "track_results" : true,
    }

So the false on the track_events being FALSE could be the issue here. Make sure is true and try to upload the file again.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by erickgoldner View Post
    F1_Racer68, you should check the sms_stats_config.json file that is generated on the lua_config folder after the first run of the server.

// Length limit for the history. Oldest sessions will be removed from the history.

}

So the false on the track_events being FALSE could be the issue here. Make sure is true and try to upload the file again.
    Sure enough, that's what it was set for. I have changed it to true and will try again tonight.

Thanks for the help!

BTW - The test file from yesterday can be deleted from the site. No need to fill server space with an experimental file

EDIT: CONFIRMED! The config file setting solved the issue. Tool works great now! Thanks!
    Last edited by F1_Racer68; 13-11-2015 at 00:43.
    System Specs

WMD Member
    Thks for the tool, I was using the old file to get the log until now. I tested and get the results from the test but 1 race also from a previous test. How can I get only the sessions I want for a race in a day (practice, qualify and race)?
    Thrustmaster T500 | Ferrari 458 addon | CSP V2 Pedals | TH8RS
    MSI Z87-G43 | i5-4670k | 16GB 1600mhz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming 4GB | SSD Corsair 120GB | WD 1TB 7200rpm
    3xBenq GL2460 24" 1ms 5760x1080
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitor Costa View Post
    Thks for the tool, I was using the old file to get the log until now. I tested and get the results from the test but 1 race also from a previous test. How can I get only the sessions I want for a race in a day (practice, qualify and race)?
    Same question. I have been deleting the file before starting a race and I still get all the results from earlier races as well. Where is that old data coming from? I've even tried deleting the file and restarting the server before running another race..... same result.
    System Specs

Platform
    PC

}

OK, so I changed the "track_events" : true and that solved my main issue.

Next question, regarding my remaining issue.......

What should the "history_length" : be set to? Right now it is at default (50), and no matter how many times I delete the sms_stats_data.json file, I always get all of the older session data back.

I want the file to be clean so that my upload to the site only includes the race (all sessions) that was just run. Should I set the "history_length" to 0 or 1?

Thanks.
    System Specs

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    OK, so I changed the "track_events" : true and that solved my main issue.

Next question, regarding my remaining issue.......

What should the "history_length" : be set to? Right now it is at default (50), and no matter how many times I delete the sms_stats_data.json file, I always get all of the older session data back.

I want the file to be clean so that my upload to the site only includes the race (all sessions) that was just run. Should I set the "history_length" to 0 or 1?

Thanks.
    I'm finding this kind of weird, if even you deleting the generated file and starting the server again, you still have the old data.
    Ps.: Just to make sure: you're deleting the 'sms_stats_data.json' file from the lua_config folder, right?

The history lenght should just be the amount of records of the file! If set to 50, it will record the first 50 and on the 51, it will overwrite the session number 1 and so on.

You should set to 1 and test! You will always have only one event/session and it will be the last one that happened. But be carefull, it could overwrite the data as soon as a new session is started.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, RomKnight

Platform
    PC
    I'm finding this kind of weird, if even you deleting the generated file and starting the server again, you still have the old data.
    Ps.: Just to make sure: you're deleting the 'sms_stats_data.json' file from the lua_config folder, right?
    Yes, that is the file I am deleting, and yes, somehow all of the data that was there is magically restored when the new file gets created. No idea why or how.
    System Specs