Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dashboard

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1

Question New Dashboard

With impending new OS and dashboard mere hours away. I have some questions for people that already have the new OS for Xbox1. I've been told there are No Notifications...So if you don't hit the Xbox button on an invite where do you go to get in. Most time I get an invite when I'm in the middle of a hot lap and I never except the on-screen invite. Also multiple people that have the new Dash request you to resend invites after they get a Failed to Join message. Used to you could just got to the Notification section and accept the invite there usually successfully. Just looking to get some insight on this. I hate surprises
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts

Platform
    XBOX1
    I just double click the Xbox button then go over to the left hand menu!
    Last edited by Flat_out; 12-11-2015 at 01:33.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    There are notifications and if you don't open it when it pops you can press the home button twice and go to the notifications area of the guide. About the failed invite, it was always around and can happen with any game at any time. I had a lot with both the older and new dashboards when playing activision games, none with battlefield 4 and some with project cars. It's more about xbox live stability than system.
    Last edited by TheReaper GT; 12-11-2015 at 01:39.

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    That's thing though, If I'm in the middle of a lap I'm not going to press the Xbox button because its behind my wheel on the TX and the invite only lasts for like 5 seconds. There has to be another place to accept invites.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynomight Motorsports View Post
    That's thing though, If I'm in the middle of a lap I'm not going to press the Xbox button because its behind my wheel on the TX and the invite only lasts for like 5 seconds. There has to be another place to accept invites.
    that's what I've just said. after the lap you press it twice, the guide will open, go to the notifications tab and the invite will be there.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Dynomight Motorsports, Flat_out, Haiden

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    As reaper said, double tap the Xbox button takes you to the guide, or you can tap the Xbox button once to go to the dashboard than go left to the guide, navigate down to notifications and select from there.

The notification will last for a little while, though not forever. I have also noticed that once I click on the game invite, it goes away, so if it fails I have had to request a new invite. I have reported this, so hopefully someone at M$ will look into addressing it, as on the old OS, the notification used to remain so I could hit it several times before doing a manual delete of the notification. I've been away for a couple of days so not sure if any patches have addressed this yet.
    XB GT - Steel Jockey. Steam GT - STEELJOCKEY.Project CARS 2 GOLD Member
    FB AUS/NZ Combined Racing League YouTube Mrsteeljockey
    Xbox Scorpio,TS-XW, Sparco P310 rim, Protosimtech PT2 pedals, racing cockpit, Onkyo 7.1, Panasonic 55"
    Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, i9-9900k, 32gb DDR4-2133, Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500gb, WD Blue 2tb HDD, Oculus Rift S

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Does the hardware reset work the same way on the new dash? I am planning to reset it after the update is complete...cheers!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Has anyone had the update to start yet. Just curious as a time frame no rush.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Not yet but I'm in the UK, so I assume it will be later this afternoon because of the time difference across the pond.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It was available for me when I woke up this morning. About 8am.

If its not automatically telling you to update........go settings > system > update console (bottom left)

The new dash is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much quicker than the old one. It doesn't take 5 mins to read a message anymore.