Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS Xbox One Patch 6.0 Release Notes

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Whut

Platform
    PS4 Pro

League/Club Races in Private rooms - dealing with the reduced race end issue

League/Club Races in Private rooms - dealing with the reduced race end issue in non timed races.

Here's an idea from one of my group's members (CRAP pCARS on GTPlanet) for dealing with the end of race countdown issue in private rooms until someone from SMS realises it's implementation was a mistake (percentage option selectable by host please)

Add an extra lap to the race.

The winner could announce they've finished both verbally and then by stopping at the end of the straight following the finish line. As others finish they form a stationary queue behind the winner. All can press the option button for the race order/fastest lap info and once everyone has crossed the line do a screen capture of the result. Then everyone can follow him/her home for the last lap at the winners desired pace for a victory lap. If everyone finishes in that order and keeps their car from exploding all is good with the results screen too along with in game podium stats etc.

Any close finishes where the drivers aren't sure of position can still be dealt with by reviewing the replay (if you're able to save the replay).

Of course it's not ideal and doesn't work in timed races but it's a workaround for now.

Also below is a solution from the PS4 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fong74 View Post
    We had the same idea yesterday but encountered some possible issues from an organizer point of view (e.g. two cars crossing the finish line very close to each other before the down lap) which makes checking the replay necessary. One can do that, but there is an other way to overcome the 75% timeout issue. Basically you put the additional lap at the beginning of the race....a classic out lap.

Pre-condition:
    Your league racers are willing to start races using a self-imposed flying start (we do this anyway as we have qualifying sessions during the week to determine which racer is participating in which lobby and taking which place in the grid; so we have to sort ourselves into the correct starting position somehow anyway; as pCars does not offer any option to do that, we needed to find a solution for that)

Solution:
    - Start the online race session with all cars in the grid
    - Do an out lap and do it fairly slow (we run 80-120 kmh but will reduce that if needed)
    - Define a suitable starting procedure (we use the moment when the pole car accelerates; it can do so shortly before crossing the start/finish line at the end of the out lap)
    - Race until all cars get the checkered flag; the final standings page shows all necessary infos as expected

What you get is a slowest time of ca. 3 minutes in Brno for example. 75% of that is ca 135 seconds, which is enough for every one to finish the race before the timer runs out.

You can manipulate the race end timer by altering the out lap speed/time.
    Last edited by JohnSchoonsBeard; 17-11-2015 at 14:01.
    CRAP pCARS Club organiser

Project CARS setup: PS4 Pro, T300RS wheel, T3PA pedals, TH8A Gear stick or DS4, PSVR in large cinematic mode or UHD 55" Samsung (HDR) TV (UE55KS7000), pCARS Dash, Crew Chief, RS Dash, Sony STR DH 810 AV amp (7.1) or Turtle Beach DSS 7.1 surround processor and px22 headphones, Bluetooth keyboard.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Please tell me the bug thats cooking the tyres after this patch will get fixed before patch 7.0!!

Don't these things get tested???
    XBOX One X - Thrustmaster TX - Evo 599 Alcantara - T3PA Pedals - Wheel stand pro - Comfy beanbag
    SRL (Sim Racing League) - https://discord.gg/b4QSpaA

We're here for a good time not a long time

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by odemode View Post
    Please tell me the bug thats cooking the tyres after this patch will get fixed before patch 7.0!!
    What bug? If you mean to heating behaviour adjustments, that's not a bug.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 4 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, KkDrummer, MadMuhammad6

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    I'm praying I'm wrong. Will read uo, my apologies if I am
    XBOX One X - Thrustmaster TX - Evo 599 Alcantara - T3PA Pedals - Wheel stand pro - Comfy beanbag
    SRL (Sim Racing League) - https://discord.gg/b4QSpaA

We're here for a good time not a long time

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    No, I think you will find there is a bug.

The tyres used to heat up too quickly anyway, 4-5 laps, tyres could be so hot they just dont have grip. Now it can be done on your outlap.

I've just done a 6 lap race on Hockenheim National, and had 3 red tyres after 2 laps. I used to only really get a red front left, but this is just stupid.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by RTA nOsKiLlS View Post

The tyres used to heat up too quickly anyway, 4-5 laps, tyres could be so hot they just dont have grip. Now it can be done on your outlap.

I've just done a 6 lap race on Hockenheim National, and had 3 red tyres after 2 laps. I used to only really get a red front left, but this is just stupid.
    Just done the same with the Merc SLS GT3.Totally killed the rear left in 3 laps.Front left wasn't much better

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by RTA nOsKiLlS View Post

Don't be saying that, I already cook the front left on EVERY track lol
    My Racing Simulation System: TV, XBOX, PAD, CHAIR, SPLIFF.
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractured Life View Post
    Don't be saying that, I already cook the front left on EVERY track lol
    It's that x5 lol

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    in case you are too lazy on to click on the link =p

From Casey(SMS):

"Nailed it. What we've learned is that the rubber can get hotter than we thought before certain compounds phase change and do other weird stuff. A loaded tyre surface might be closer to 200C when sliding now rather than 165C. That means more heat energy building up in the tread, so if you abuse the tyres by scrubbing them excessively or using a compound too soft for the track-weather combination, they are more likely to overheat now. Greater long term penalty for short term mistakes. As Tiago noted, the performance is still in there, but you have to work harder/smarter to get it without killing your rubber. For one quick lap, manage the starting temps and burn them up. If you want to run quick over a full race distance, think more about tyre management and not just turning fastest laps one after another for an hour."

It isn't a bug...but I can see a lot of people struggling with it lol....This game is a sim, innit? =]