Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [From Jack Spade FFB Tweaker thread] Off topic discussion

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

[From Jack Spade FFB Tweaker thread] Off topic discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftyOne View Post
    I used to check this thread every day to find Jacks files, but the posts in between are just stuff that just don't interest me...Jacks latest v2.4 are working so well right now, that I just might take them as being final...Thanks for your hard work jack great stuff... Thank you for making a Sim out of a top game....

Just maybe a good move might be to have a new thread only for Jacks files and FFB new releases,(no Chats) and keep this thread just for the chats and blah. blah, it's becoming quite messy in here
    I agree, a proper detail and updated thread with description only should be stickier, discussions can be left unstick it'd..

In all fairness though, if you read back particularly in the last 40 pages or so, it's been nothing but confusion from users, many even giving up and switching, BManic started his own thread, grimly wanted to join forces but was ignored and bullied, more users posted asking for advice and clarity... Same again they were lambasted.

There's an old saying that I can't post here, but I can ammend it to fit.
    If you meet 1 "annoying" guy in day, he's the problem...
    If everyone you meet is an annoying guy ... Maybe you're the problem.

And that fits this thread perfectly I think.

Even now, after pointing out the flaws on the front page, jack admitting it, correcting it, updating it, after people were rude and mods said to stop with the personal insults... The person who help and pointed out the flaws and who was trying to get some organisation in the OP to STOP the confusion was left unassisted.

I think part 2 of that quote applies here

Platform
    PC
    The thing being, I'm seeing jack getting bashed quite frequently in here, I know he loves to help others, and he is real good at what he does, which are FFB tweaker files..I would love to see less bashing, as it makes helpful people less helpful, and more tied up with nonsense...
    In the end, I can see Jack saying "Fu*k it do it yourselves, I just don't have the time" ...I don't want to see that happen, nor does anyone else...The OP is very clear what to do,..
    But we all know people don't read the OP, or don't understand the OP, which leads to the same old questions over and over again, that will of course, start to annoy....

This: a new thread only for Jacks files and FFB new releases,(no Chats) and keep this thread just for the chats and blah. blah, it's becoming quite messy in here Is the only way, I'm sure it will help Jack too
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Bavarian Turbo, Chin, gotdirt410sprintcar, gruzzlebeard, Jack Spade, McClusky

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftyOne View Post
    The thing being, I'm seeing jack getting bashed quite frequently in here, I know he loves to help others, and he is real good at what he does, which are FFB tweaker files..I would love to see less bashing, as it makes helpful people less helpful, and more tied up with nonsense...
    In the end, I can see Jack saying "Fu*k it do it yourselves, I just don't have the time" ...I don't want to see that happen, nor does anyone else...The OP is very clear what to do,..
    But we all know people don't read the OP, or don't understand the OP, which leads to the same old questions over and over again, that will of course, start to annoy....

This: a new thread only for Jacks files and FFB new releases,(no Chats) and keep this thread just for the chats and blah. blah, it's becoming quite messy in here Is the only way, I'm sure it will help Jack too
    Or.... And call me crazy on this one...
    He could just follow the universally accepted process that a sticky thread has its OP updated to the most recent files/instructions/guides/settings etc therefore servings its purpose as a sticky!

Those who want files go to OP
    Those who need assistance go to last page...

That's been the universally agreed standard of a sticky since the day the Internet was born, I see no reason to start changing that and adding 2 threads per topic? That's just going to fast become a convoluted mess for the users, mods and devs.

No one else needs/gets or requires 2 threads, I see no need here if people stop with handbag swinging and getting offended on behalf of someone else.

It's like an episode of south park in here.

"PC Principle"

You understand that by me pointing out the error, he updated and clarified the OP, therefore very likely reducing further impact/confusion to newcomers. No one was having a go at him, he doesn't need anyone to get offended on his behalf.

He's a big lad, he has publicly posted info, he's doing a great job but required a nudge on updating his OP. No one was killed here bro

I'm still waiting on a reply, I see it's not coming but that doesn't paint me in negative way. There's 40 pages of you guys having a go at Grim, some French kid, a few others and now me... Each of them as confused as the other due to Incorrect info on the OP and data not matching. Now that's been updated, perhaps you guys won't need to try to belittle everyone all day and protect Jack and get offended on his behalf...

Watch this weeks South Park, it's exactly like this thread lol
    The school paper and PC Principle
    Last edited by CreamyDischarge; 25-11-2015 at 00:37.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Give it a rest Creamy.... please.
    Roger, seems this never ends...please!
    Last edited by Jack Spade; 25-11-2015 at 08:51.
    System: Win 10 Pro , i7 8700k, MSI Z 370 Pro, 16 GB ram Gigabyte GTX 1080,, Fanatec CSW V2.5 (FW 317, Driver 292), CSP V2, Buttkicker/SimVibe

PC 2 - Custom Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1358152
    PC 1 - V3.1.1 - FFB Tweaker Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post891198

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spade View Post
    Roger, seems this never ends...please!
    I fail to see what's up, it's a support thread and I asked 1 question about the setup and everyone went F.R and lost their minds.

This is a sticky thread about FFB
    By definition it's where support questions are posted and info is updated
    OP was incorrect/inconsistent/outdated as you didn't update it
    Due to this, there has been an influx of users having issues (about 40 pages of it)
    Users were lambasted/ganged up on, talked to disrespectfully for "not being in the know"
    Another User notifies you that the inconsistency on OP is causing influx of user issues/confusion
    You fix the issue while simultainuosly throwing junk at user and continue to blame user, even though Users report was valid and promoted you to fix it.
    You abuse user for reporting a fault in your work (yet fix it?)
    Refuse to answer users support requests.

There are 40 pages of confused users, and about 3 of the same guys ganging up On any/all users that ask for or question anything! This is a public post, it's open to scrutiny.

If this is the 3 amigos FFB thread, cool, let me know ill jump ship. Otherwise, why not just answer the support question? If not why is this thread here?

Refusing to answer support request by making snippy comments and having the same 3 uses swing handbags Is bizarre?

None of this round exist if you just said, "ohh yea, my OP was incorrect, I've updated it, thanks fir pointing it out" and "to answer your question..."

But you took an alternate route that's incredibly bizarre and as if I've done something wrong?

You really should read how this all began again, look at the smear you and those 3 guts have fired at me just for posting an Initial support request.

This thread is basically 40 pages of abuse, from the same 4 users ganging up on any/all users who ask any questions, it does not read nice at all. It makes you guys seem unreasonable, and instead if trying to get Rodger to ban me?.? Why not just answer the 1 simple question I posted and end it maturely? Why troll?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I still don't understand, in what way was the OP incorrect. Works pretty fine to me for what it's meant to do. The only thing that was not updated was the 75TF experiment, which Jack DID say was not finalised, and would work more on that to get to a point where it's ok to be stickied in the 1st post?...

What is going on here, why the finger pointing, especially to someone who is spending his own time to improve things for OTHERS? Cause f%ck me if I kept coming back to get the abuse Jack gets in here.
    Windows 10-64bit, Intel i2500, AMD R9 380 4GB, 8GB RAM, 40'' TV, Accuforce V2, Fanatec V3i pedals.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: gotdirt410sprintcar, Jack Spade, McClusky

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I can't see one post where jack was "abused" by anyone!
    But I can a torrent of them, from the same group, swinging their PC purses and getting offended on other peoples behalf and "abusing" other people with snippy remarks, accusations, belittling comments and foul language.

A mirror held up to ones face can reveal an ugly truth that they don't always appreciate.

I only asked what TF should be as the OP had it listed 3 times with different results. Jack said it was outdated, I suggested he update it, he did and you lot and still for some reason offended?

Move on?
    Last edited by CreamyDischarge; 25-11-2015 at 11:42.

Platform
    PC
    Ok guys, back on topic now, which is FFB Tweaker settings and nothing else.
    Take your personal differences or off topic discussions to PM if you must.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Jack Spade

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Creamy... can't YOU see by all YOUR posts that YOU are cluttering up this thread with useless comments..... give it a rest and move on, or just stick to the subject matter.

Edit: Sort of ninja'd by Bealdor.
    Last edited by Roger Prynne; 25-11-2015 at 11:52.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 5 users likes this Post: Bealdor, gotdirt410sprintcar, Jack Spade, sherpa25, SlowBloke

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    So will the 1 simple question I asked get answered then?

@Rodger,
    You realise I am replying to people who make remarks about me right? I have a "right to reply" if THEY swing their purse!

I stopped it ages ago, as soon as a Jack fixed the errors that I pointed out, what did i post, what did I do?

I posted this:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1178829

Quote Originally Posted by CreamyDischarge View Post
    Cool, that helps clarify things a bit, much appreciated.

So am I right now in thinking that according to the front page, the old recommendation of

Bleed 110
    Gain 10
    Clamp 95

Is to now be replaced with the 150/10/85 figures mention on the OP.
    And that tyre force is no longer at 100, but is now at 75.
    And steering gain is no longer at 100, but is now at 145.

So in my case:
    With a CSW and DRI-0
    I would use the following settings (with your tweaked files)

TF = 75 - fixed
    DRR = 0.05 - CSW v2 only (your value here) I happen to use 0.05
    DRF = 0.01 - CSW v2 only (your value here) I happen to use 0.01
    RA Gain = 1.50
    RA Bleed = 0.10
    RA Clamp = 0.85
    SK = 0.86 - CSW v2 only (your value here). "Not relevant as I use DRI 0 not DRI 3"
    SR = 0.28 - CSW v2 only (your value here). "Not relevant as I use DRI 0 not DRI 3"
    SC Half = 0
    SC Full = 0
    Steering Gain = 145 variable

Would that be right based on the the above?
    If so, that's much clearer and digestible

Because I'm mature, and tried to get it back on topic!
    Post 3040 fir those who want to see it in the flesh!

I posted a "thanks" and "that clears things up" and "can you confirm I'm using the right settings now" and "much appreciated"

Every post after that was the people YOU are defending fuelling a dying fire, belittling me, berating me, poking digs at me and making snidey remarks about me! Why are you not berating them fir improper behaviour and dragging a topic that WAS on topic back off?

People snipping AT ME! Not me at them! READ IT!

I moved back on topic, and asked about the new settings, I was ignored and sent snippy messages?

Honestly... What an awful place this real Is. No wonder the community is dead, and what's left is visceral and toxic!

We had some really enthusiastic people who have all walked away :-/
    I'm out too, this is just an ugly place, what a real shame.

I emplore you read it one more time though, and see how this really panned out! But start 40 pages ago where they were subduing, berating a poor French kid, grim etc and the others and get some context. It's cringeworthy and disgusting that it's defended and tolerated and enabled.

Shame on you bro!
    Last edited by CreamyDischarge; 25-11-2015 at 12:25.