Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Career: AI brake temperature start of race.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Question Career: AI brake temperature start of race.

Hello all, first post. Been playing a few months. I understand the AI tyre model was slowed down a little to simulate cold tyres when leaving the pits in practice/qualy although they are still fast. My main issue is the race start, my brakes are stone cold and theres are optimun temp. allowing them to brake late into the first corner, myself meanwhile having to brake extremely early.

Car was LMP radical and track was Monza. Makes no sense to me and surprised this hasn't been patched?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    it is known the AI was kind of overlooked in this game... nothing we can really do about it except wait and see if they fix it and/or make it better for pCars 2. I, myself, enjoy online play. If you get in a league you can really have tons of fun in this game! when i am offline though, I just practice. Easy to pass time practicing

Platform
    PS4
    Surprising news
    My brakes are always cold leaving pits in practice/qualifying sessions but at the start of the race my brakes and tyres are always warmed up.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Surprising news
    My brakes are always cold leaving pits in practice/qualifying sessions but at the start of the race my brakes and tyres are always warmed up.
    At the start of the race you have virtually done a warm up lap, which gives you some heat in tyres and brakes.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanapryde View Post
    At the start of the race you have virtually done a warm up lap, which gives you some heat in tyres and brakes.
    Well ye that's how its worked for me always.
    I'm surprised the OP is starting race with cold tyres and brakes.
    Have you, op, checked the telemetry HUD at the start of the race? What tyre/brake temps are you starting with?

I'm sure both radicals have steel brakes and the colour could be blue even at ~400c brake temp.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 30-11-2015 at 06:59.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Just one more thing that I noticed, which I thought I would throw in here.

The AI and brake temps during the race is completely whacko. I have been running 100% race distance endurance races and allowing the AI driver to drive the car while I get something to eat etc. They seem to end up with rear brakes well over 1000*F, I have seen them at 1300*F and the front brakes much, much cooler, like 700*F.

I have even driven past AI in the races to see their rear brake discs glowing white hot, half way down the straight from the last braking zone.

Now I don't really care if the AI trashes their own brakes, but I expect that brake temp means nothing to them at all. Tyre temp or wear doesn't seem to affect them at all. My AI driver did a 2:06 at silverstone on his firs flying lap. He consistently did 2:06 to 2:07s for 30 laps until PCars profiler was showing 95% tyre wear and then he pitted. I watched him drive the whole stint and he didn't change his lines, speed or style once for wearing tyres.

I am hoping to test different compounds when I get a chance, but I don't expect much of a different in the AI lap times between hard and soft tyres.

It kinda makes endurance racing against the AI a bit artificial with the only workable plan being to set the AI so you can run like a hare at the start, pull a lead so the AI don't catch you when the tyres start to wear badly. Personally, I just do short soft tyre stints, then hand over the AI to do an hour on hards.
    PC: GTX 1070Ti 8Gb (Kraken G12/X52) - 16Gb 3400MHz - Ryzen 2700X (Cosair H100X)- Acer 34" 21:9 1440P - Logitech G920 w/ H Shifter
    IRL: 2017 Toyota GT86 Pro, Honda CBF1000

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    BUMP.

LMP2 brakes are stone cold at start of race. Is this scheduled for fix?
    PC: GTX 1070Ti 8Gb (Kraken G12/X52) - 16Gb 3400MHz - Ryzen 2700X (Cosair H100X)- Acer 34" 21:9 1440P - Logitech G920 w/ H Shifter

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Mine are always cold but have been working around it.
    Can't you setup events with a warmup if you want?
    Just a Salty old Bastard
    Don't take it personal

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Not sure, think they just reset on race start. Besides I am in a career season.

I have been working around it too, but turn one in the pack is no fun. If I have room I can drag the brake on the straights with the accelerator down. I can brake way early and very, very hard or I can just overshoot the first chicane and take the warning.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Can confirm stone cold brakes and tyres, bloody poor work considering the rest of the issue that have been addressed. Does indeed ruin things into the first corner having to brake to early compared to AI. Try monza! nightmare. I too ride the brake slightly while accelerating to the first corner but not give enough heat still.