Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Look, I've just made...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Then I always made whipped cream wrong, and also baking a cake. Tastes fine though, even halfway through.
    I know that you can taste some things before the oven or midst the process, but imo less than while cooking.

Yet, nothing beats raw cookie or chocolate cake dough. I know I shouldn't because of raw egg and such, but I can't resist.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    I know that you can taste some things before the oven or midst the process, but imo less than while cooking.

Yet, nothing beats raw cookie or chocolate cake dough. I know I shouldn't because of raw egg and such, but I can't resist.
    Something wrong with raw eggs?
    I've had raw eggs before when I cooked Japanese, in this case with shabu shabu.

When you do everything too cleanly in life, you'll never get any resistance. Hence us Europeans get some form of food poisoning easily when eating street food in foreign countries.

Everything is so overly regulated here that even if you would make a stall during a neighborhood event, you would need to get your permits in order and adhere to the food health and safety laws. Which make it impossible to even offer coffee, let alone selling gluhwine as alcohol demands you to have another permit and know how to check identification papers

Anyway, all my life I've been taste testing whatever was left behind in the bowl, mixer or spatula.
    I am just a big kid at times still. lol

One time as a kid my mother left so much behind that I felt a bit bad on the stomach afterwards.
    Had the same thing when I drank too much chocolate milk.
    I also had so much candied cherries (that you use for baking) that I ended up with a distaste for cherries for two decades after. I barely eat them now again.

Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. I learned that the hard way.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    One time as a kid my mother left so much behind that I felt a bit bad on the stomach afterwards.
    Had the same thing when I drank too much chocolate milk.

Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. I learned that the hard way.
    Sometimes I leave some spare dough on purpose. And nearly every time when I make "Haselnuss-Kipferl" (crescent shaped roll), I eat so much of the dough that I bitterly regret it an hour later. But to this day, I still haven't learned from it and probably never will.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    Raw egg is not a problem. The “thing” with raw eggs is, there is a billion to one you contaminate the egg with Bactria from the outside of the eggshells. The egg (white and yolk) are sterile.
    So use fresh eggs and try to avoid the inside of the egg make contact with the shell.

As for baking a cake, use very low baking temperature. No more than 160 degrees Celsius. Often you see cakes with a open topside. We call it “ open ruggetjes “ This is caused due to high baking temperatures. Do not open the oven before 3/4th of the baking time. This to prevent the cake from collapsing.

Lol. It looks like a classroom now..
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Raw egg is not a problem. The “thing” with raw eggs is, there is a billion to one you contaminate the egg with Bactria from the outside of the eggshells. The egg (white and yolk) are sterile.
    So use fresh eggs and try to avoid the inside of the egg make contact with the shell.

As for baking a cake, use very low baking temperature. No more than 160 degrees Celsius. Often you see cakes with a open topside. We call it “ open ruggetjes “ This is caused due to high baking temperatures. Do not open the oven before 3/4th of the baking time. This to prevent the cake from collapsing.

Lol. It looks like a classroom now..
    It's a delicious lesson though.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Olijke Poffer