Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G27, questions,,

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

G27, questions,,

Finally landed myself a G27 for silly cheapness... upgraded from the driving force gt.

the difference is insane, proper chuffed with the G27, but im aware that there is a lot more room for FFB feeling and although it took a while to get the DFGT set up so i was happy it appears the G27 is taking a bit longer.

i have the jackspade files, i have followed the baseline FFB help and found the DRR for my wheel, and although its getting to feel a lot better im still having issues.

hopefully its all settings based and i havent purchased a wheel with a fault.

i have read the update notes in jackspades page regarding the change to the difference in the settings now. but cant work out why i have wheel resistance but i get very little feedback from the track,
    let me re word that i do get feedback but only extremes,,,
    so the brands hatch kerbs, they nearly snatch the wheel off my desk,
    when using the caterham on oulton park with the jackspade breaking tweaks i get the wheel jumping like a mofo under heavy breaking..

but thats it.. when using the DFGT i was getting all sorts of feelings through the wheel..

if needed will post up my wheel settings if they will help, but im at work at the moment.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuxsta View Post
    Finally landed myself a G27 for silly cheapness... upgraded from the driving force gt.

the difference is insane, proper chuffed with the G27, but im aware that there is a lot more room for FFB feeling and although it took a while to get the DFGT set up so i was happy it appears the G27 is taking a bit longer.

i have the jackspade files, i have followed the baseline FFB help and found the DRR for my wheel, and although its getting to feel a lot better im still having issues.

hopefully its all settings based and i havent purchased a wheel with a fault.

i have read the update notes in jackspades page regarding the change to the difference in the settings now. but cant work out why i have wheel resistance but i get very little feedback from the track,
    let me re word that i do get feedback but only extremes,,,
    so the brands hatch kerbs, they nearly snatch the wheel off my desk,
    when using the caterham on oulton park with the jackspade breaking tweaks i get the wheel jumping like a mofo under heavy breaking..

but thats it.. when using the DFGT i was getting all sorts of feelings through the wheel..

if needed will post up my wheel settings if they will help, but im at work at the moment.
    You could try setup from my signature. I've posted various iterations since release. Some of them are better than the others. Right now, i'm using the last one.
    All platform and wheels: Official Force Feedback Guide
    Info: pCars 2 Tire Pressure Official Guideline | Wheel FFB guide

Steering: G27 | My In-game FFB:Immersive 100/30/60/5

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post
    You could try setup from my signature. I've posted various iterations since release. Some of them are better than the others. Right now, i'm using the last one.
    thanks for the reply, just had a look at what you are referring to.

am i not right in thinking that the DRR will be different for each wheel? thats what the force curve monitor program pics up and gives us the data for the spread sheet to work out whats best for our own wheel?

what works for one could make things worse for another..

i will gladly try your template to see how it works though, will let you know.

Platform
    PC
    One quick and rough fix is to turn up the steering gain from 1.0 to about 1.3 (assuming you have classic feedback set) in the main wheel options page, then if it's still not strong enough per car, in the car setup, increase master scale and Fz maybe 10%. It gives an overall stronger effect and you feel the bumps nicely, and it takes very little time to do rather than faffing for ages.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    One quick and rough fix is to turn up the steering gain from 1.0 to about 1.3 (assuming you have classic feedback set) in the main wheel options page, then if it's still not strong enough per car, in the car setup, increase master scale and Fz maybe 10%. It gives an overall stronger effect and you feel the bumps nicely, and it takes very little time to do rather than faffing for ages.
    will this not amplify the extreme FFB effects im already getting? im concerned i might dislocate my shoulder if its anymore extreme at the big bumps end..
    i will add im very new to this complex wheel setting side of things. im slowly picking things up ..
    but its like been thrown in the seat of the space shuttle and learning what all the buttons and dials do.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    will this not amplify the extreme FFB effects im already getting? im concerned i might dislocate my shoulder if its anymore extreme at the big bumps end..
    i will add im very new to this complex wheel setting side of things. im slowly picking things up ..
    but its like been thrown in the seat of the space shuttle and learning what all the buttons and dials do.
    You're right that each wheel has its specific deadzone and scoop. However, G27 vs G27 have it pretty similar. Of course, my settings aren't the final solution. You can tweak from there to your taste.

About Steering Gain. As you move that value up, you'll only reach the max torque of the wheel faster. It'll will not make the max stronger. The G27 is a fairly "weak" wheel. You can then set the controller FFB at 100% and mess with the rest accordingly. Don't worry about your arm, it'll stay put.

Good luck.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The G27 is a fairly "weak" wheel.

really?

i have little experience in the car sim world and steering wheels, i used the DFGT for a few months and thought that was amazing, got this G27 a day ago and in comparison its freaking miles miles better.
    i thought the FFB was also a million times stronger, my ankles started hurting getting used to the pedals resistance and my arms started aching after a long session with the G27 due to its resistance compared to the DFGT

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    really?

i have little experience in the car sim world and steering wheels, i used the DFGT for a few months and thought that was amazing, got this G27 a day ago and in comparison its freaking miles miles better.
    i thought the FFB was also a million times stronger, my ankles started hurting getting used to the pedals resistance and my arms started aching after a long session with the G27 due to its resistance compared to the DFGT
    I didn't try to a DFGT, but from the data i'm seeing from other wheel. It's not that strong. With that said. There's no wrong in wanting it "weaker". You just have to calibrate it accordinly.

Platform
    PC
    really?

It's all relative. The G27 is stronger than the DFGT. However, it's not as strong as the newer more expensive wheels like the Fanatec V2 Clubsport wheel setup.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I didn't try to a DFGT, but from the data i'm seeing from other wheel. It's not that strong. With that said. There's no wrong in wanting it "weaker". You just have to calibrate it accordinly.
    have just put in your v3.3.2 and rather like it..
    have upped the steering gain to 1.24 as i like a bit more force in the wheel.
    have also disabled the logitech profiler completely after reading something someone posted in one of your threads.
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc