Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS PC Patch 7.0 Release Notes

the VR reset button does the same thing than my reset button the TrackIR software. It resets position of the camera. The issue atm, is that every camera on the game is ultra uber sensitive and all are affected by the head tracking. So i'm "walking" beneath the track, at the speed of the light, depending of the movement of my head.

The Helmet and chase camera really "came back". At the start they were broken like the ohters, now only them are working as intended ( with chase cam not being affected by head tracking ). All other cameras are still affected and thus, i can't drive at all with them. Not a biggie as I play with helmet cam you would say ? But when you come back to the pits, the game changes your camera to cockpit cam ( even if you use helmet cam ( what a joke btw ... )) so right now, entering pits makes me have a broken camera.

All I ask is to remove TrackIR from all this "VR" non-sense. Because TrackIR isn't a VR solution. It was working flawlessly before. And I'm not the only one with this issue it seems.

EDIT : Okay so after messing a little more. I found that translation movements are the culprits. If I remove all the translation from the TrackIR software, all my cameras are placed where they should. Still I can "headtrack" in any of those cams ( which shouldn't be the case ). But I have to get lost of the translation movements.
    Last edited by M4MKey; 11-12-2015 at 13:50.
    Intel i7 4770K o/c @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte 1080ti Xtreme | 16Go DDR3 17000 // TS-PC Racer with fanatec ClubSports Pedals
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Scott Coffey, SwiftyOne

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyDischarge View Post
    He has a point though, and it's his opinion and SMS/WMD and everyone else state how they feel, so he SHOULD be entitled to

He makes a valid point in the sense, that SMS created shift 2 which was poorly received.
    They blamed EA because of that, so they asked the community for money, to show what they could do on their own!

and well.. 7 months later it's still a very very buggy mess (in some regards), no pit crews, no manual entry to pits, low on line leagues (because of game braking bugs) and this time SMS / WMD blamed most of this on the users in the form of user error... Not a good idea imo

Users are told not to run extended races, not to put on timed races, not to select certain tyres, certain cars or use certain weather settings, they are told not to combine certain settings or setup certain races ... Leaving them with what?

Hot lapping, with static time, static weather, and occasionally racing against the very poor AI who cut corners, are not subject to penelties, or the same physics as the user because they seem to drive faster ON grass while they are OFF track.

The guy has a point, and that point is, will future SMS games do well after all this empty promise... Who knows, will people trust them... Who knows... Will people "try before they buy" this time? Absolutely!

And we know exactly what try before you buy is right

I said to Ian directly in another thread, which he replied and agreed to (in part) that this game is the best and worst sim I have played. Because it's incredible in many respects, but down right pathetic in others such as the drop in over 90fps at zolder and other tree heavy tracks when using DS2M. He agrees!

But will it be fixed, probably not!

So for example, will I "try before I buy" PCars 2

Absolutely yes!

And if I feel that way, and the guy above feels that way, you can bet your bottom dollar that more previous purchasers of PCars 1 feel the same way about a sequel.

There was also a really eloquent article on why SMS chose to break away from their original plan of having PCars as a service to build upon (ala iracing) at the end result was ... If they did, they would paying the investors for years on every subscription, every transaction ever made in the service...

But If they broke away and took all the assets that they made with the investors money, modified it, made another standalone product, they would not have to pay investors anything (moving forward) and would be able to keep all income to themselves.

It's an interesting read, I'll try to find it...

Just sayin ...
    I'm confident that their 2nd game will be much more polished. The scope of pCARS might be too ambitious for such a reduced team (small compared to other studios producing AAA titles), i would have preferred less cars and tracks but uncompromised realism in every detail : graphics, sounds and physics.
    MB ASUS Maximus VII Ranger / Proc : Intel Core i5 4690K / Ram : G.Skill Ares Blue Series 16 Go DDR3 2133 MHz CL9 / GC : MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X / HDD : Seagate Desktop SSHD 2 To / OS : Windows 10 64-bit / VP 4K Vivitek HK2288 / T500RS + 458 GTE / ClubSport Shifter SQ / ClubSport pedals V3
    The following user likes this Post: OctoberDusk06

Quote Originally Posted by M4MKey View Post
    The Helmet and chase camera really "came back". At the start they were broken like the ohters, now only them are working as intended ( with chase cam not being affected by head tracking ). All other cameras are still affected and thus, i can't drive at all with them. Not a biggie as I play with helmet cam you would say ? But when you come back to the pits, the game changes your camera to cockpit cam ( even if you use helmet cam ( what a joke btw ... )) so right now, entering pits makes me have a broken camera.
    Does switching back to helmet cam work after a pit stop? It's not ideal, but the Rift (As of patch 6.0 anyway, haven't tested in 7.0) gets stuck in bumper cam following a pit stop and you have to quickly change back by the end of the pitlane.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by M4MKey View Post
    the VR reset button does the same thing than my reset button the TrackIR software. It resets position of the camera. The issue atm, is that every camera on the game is ultra uber sensitive and all are affected by the head tracking. So i'm "walking" beneath the track, at the speed of the light, depending of the movement of my head.

All I ask is to remove TrackIR from all this "VR" non-sense. Because TrackIR isn't a VR solution. It was working flawlessly before. And I'm not the only one with this issue it seems.

EDIT : Okay so after messing a little more. I found that translation movements are the culprits. If I remove all the translation from the TrackIR software, all my cameras are placed where they should. Still I can "headtrack" in any of those cams ( which shouldn't be the case ). But I have to get lost of the translation movements.
    Thanks for the report, the devs are looking into it.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 4 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Chin, crowtrobot, SwiftyOne

Platform
    PC
    This post below is a response I posted in the Tire Physics Discussion thread. I have to say that although I appreciate the effort on the patches, and am mostly happy with the rest of the 7.0 patch, I am VERY disappointed by the tire heat changes. The changes may be fine for the pad/console users, but IMHO it has caused the game to take a serious step backwards for the Wheel users.

Here's the link to the original post http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1188682

OK, so a little over a week ago we had a league race at Sakitto GP.

My test results from that event are here:

Just wanted to add this. I know the console/controller guys will say it is irrelevant, but data is data and the more we have the better.

I am preparing for a league race tonight. We are running 50 laps at Sakkito GP, real weather, 13:00 track time start, today's date and tire wear x3. In all my practice/testing/tuning this week the track temp under those conditions has been 33C.

Currently, using the BMW Z4 GT3, I am able to run 9 - 10 consistent laps on softs with a pace that is between 1:42.1xx and 1:42.6xx over the entire stint. Max temp on the front left hit 117C in the esses in sector 1. Front right hits 115C max temp in the Spoon corner. All 4 tires wear evenly. Those consistent times would place me in the top 30 on the current leaderboard for this car and track combo.

My absolute best Qualifying lap (1:41.978) would place me 18th.

Yes, I know, I am on PC and I am using a G27 wheel. My main reason for posting is that Sakkito has been repeatedly mentioned as a track that is hard on the tires. Given my data above, it is still manageable. On real tire wear it would mean 27 - 30 laps (tested and confirmed as well).

The current model, in my opinion, is far better than the pre 6.0 version. Whatever the issue is on the consoles needs to be addressed, but from a PC perspective, I hope the console issue can be fixed WITHOUT negatively impacting the current state on PC.

(link to original post http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1181980 )

I just ran a post 7.0 patch test under the exact same conditions (date, time, temp, car, setup, etc). Here is what I found:

1.) Tire temps did not "spike" in the esses or in Spoon corner the way they did in 6.0. These corners are the most demanding on the tires, and I would expect there to be some increase in temp and loss of grip due to scrubbing.

2.) Average temps on the tires remained about the same as with 6.0 over the course of a full lap.

3.) Tire wear seemed to remain about the same as with 6.0

4.) Even as the tires wore and the understeer in the esses and spoon increased over the course of several laps (x3 tire wear), the tire temps never increased in those sections. THIS TO ME IS WRONG!!! As the tires slide over the track surface by exceeding the ideal slip angle, I expect the tires to get more abuse than when they are within their slip angle limits. As it stands now, there is no need for me to back off my pace as my tires wear. I can continue to run balls to the wall on every lap.
    In my opinion, this patch has taken the entire model too far backwards.

I have a league event at Bathurst this weekend. I have been spending this week testing and tuning and practicing like crazy. I have struggled to keep the tires in their optimum temp range all week. Now, I am concerned that I will have to run the race with ice cubes strapped to my hubs rather than tires.......

Sorry SMS, this time you got it wrong. Patch 8.0 needs to find a happy middle ground between 6.0 and 7.0 levels.

Just one PC, wheel using guys opinion, but it seems to match with what others have already stated.
    I hope that there is a plan in place to find that middle ground in the next patch. I still love the game, and unlike many others I have faith in the future. I am not a fanboy. I will criticize the game's flaws when necessary, but I also will sing it's praises when they are deserved. Right now, I have to say that the tire model seems to have taken a major step backwards. I only hope that there is a legitimate technical reason for it, and that it is not just a knee-jerk reaction to the complaints of some highly vocal individuals. Please do not turn Project CARS into just another Console SimCade racer. There are already plenty of those out there.

And for the pad users who want to use the argument that "SMS Promised us the game would be playable with gamepad", let me just point out that SMS also promised "The most beautiful, authentic, intense and technically-advanced racing game on the planet". (quoted from the website http://www.projectcarsgame.com/buy.html). Right now, it feels as though that promise is being broken as a result of what feels like a "dumbing down" of the tire model.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Chin, JohnSchoonsBeard, OctoberDusk06, ports

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Don't dish on the console players for a decision that SMS made my friend....
    Most of us want the most realistic experience too...
    The following 4 users likes this Post: hitmanvega, Schnizz58, SUBGTRACER, the-D-

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Don't dish on the console players for a decision that SMS made my friend....
    Most of us want the most realistic experience too...
    Please don't misunderstand me. I am not dishing on console players as a whole.... just a small group of them (they know who they are).

As I stated elsewhere, for every console player that complained, there were just as many or more that adapted, learned and found they LIKED the 6.0 model.

All I am saying is that this change in Tire model feels like a major step backwards, and feels like a knee-jerk reaction to appease a small, but vocal group. In my opinion, it is to the detriment of what SMS has wanted this "game" to be.

I hope they are able to find some happy middle ground, but right now, I am very much not impressed with this part of the patch.

I will not rehash all the things I have already said about this topic here. Anyone that wants to read my comments can find them in the Tire Physics Discussion thread where they belong. My only objective here is to ensure that SMS (and others) are aware that many of us feel the tire model changes in patch 7.0 (flash heating) are a mistake. They are a serious step backwards for many of us.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Konan, OctoberDusk06, Tomhet, XTRMNTR2K

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by 3800racingfool View Post
    If you're on PC you should be getting updates automatically through steam. Easiest way to see what version you're on is to look in the bottom-left corner at the game's main menu. Version should be 7.00.xxxx.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zwischenablage01.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	223594
    I'm just curious ... where that Version is at the bottom-left corner... since Patch 5.0 it's gone...
    Gaming and Working Rig: MSI-Z87 G43 / Core I7 4790K / 16GB RAM / ASUS Geforce GTX 960 STRIX / SAMSUNG SSD 500GB SYSTEM /
    4 x SAMSUNG HD204UI 2TB DATA / 2x SAMSUNG 24" TFT / WIN 10 PRO 64bit / Thrustmaster T300RS

Th3Pr0ph3cy: Winner of the official GT4League 2004 / 3rd Place at official IAA Competition 2005

Platform
    PC
    pcars64.exe properties... somewhere on one of the tabs IIRC
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 8600K@5GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-p
    | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 GoodRam Iridium 2400Mhz | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL887 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Pr0ph3cy View Post
    I'm just curious ... where that Version is at the bottom-left corner... since Patch 5.0 it's gone...
    Odd. It's there on my game.

As Tiago mentioned it should also be listed in the Properties > Version/Details (depending on your OS) tab of pcars64.exe. The location of pcars64.exe can vary, however it's usually in %steamdir%/steamapps/pcars IIRC.
    Project Cars 2 is coming here! Okay enough with the silly signatures... I gotta find something better to put here.