Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS PC Patch 7.0 Release Notes

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by venquessa View Post
    Trying to tip toe around the politics.

There was an improvement made in patch 6.0 to the tyre heating model. Unfortunately for a portion of users this was a problem for whatever reason. They felt they could no longer play the game the way they wanted to. Apparently some found a new way and embraced the change while some didn't.

It seems in patch 7.0 the move has been to cap the slick tyre heating or otherwise modify it to help address the problem these users were having.

In the process some wheel users have now got issues with tyres being too cold and having to pound the car as hard as possible to get any tyre heat at all and slide and drift to get proper temps.

I think SMS need to reconsider the approach. I would suggest reverting back to patch 6.0 physics and address the controller filtering to make it easier for thumb stick users to address their issue. Attack the problem where it lies, the controls, not the physics.

Alternatively, provide an option to change the tyre heating properties so we can all get along again.
    ^^EXACTLY!!

Please look at other alternatives. There has to be a better option than what 7.0 has given us.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Pamellaaa, venquessa

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by mister dog View Post
    I was thinking have 7.0 spec tire heating activated when people have a pad selected in the control options, and have 6.0 activated when they have a wheel selected as their input method.

Result; peace in Sim racer land
    Sorry, won't make me happy, I am a sim racer who actually can handle a pad and want sim physics with no 'baby' assists, give me patch 6 tyre heating back please! Let me decide if I want to buy a wheel, don't force me to because some users cannot handle a pad!!!!!!!! Sorry rant over!!!!
    The following 5 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, IJOJOI, OctoberDusk06, Pamellaaa, rambam76

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by venquessa View Post
    Trying to tip toe around the politics.

There was an improvement made in patch 6.0 to the tyre heating model. Unfortunately for a portion of users this was a problem for whatever reason. They felt they could no longer play the game the way they wanted to. Apparently some found a new way and embraced the change while some didn't.

It seems in patch 7.0 the move has been to cap the slick tyre heating or otherwise modify it to help address the problem these users were having.

In the process some wheel users have now got issues with tyres being too cold and having to pound the car as hard as possible to get any tyre heat at all and slide and drift to get proper temps.

I think SMS need to reconsider the approach. I would suggest reverting back to patch 6.0 physics and address the controller filtering to make it easier for thumb stick users to address their issue. Attack the problem where it lies, the controls, not the physics.

Alternatively, provide an option to change the tyre heating properties so we can all get along again.
    Yeah, issue is there are a lot of pad users that actually did embrace patch 6.0 regardless of some comments, so I don't want my experience dumbed down just because I am on a pad. Give those struggling the option for 'arcade' physics as it seems this is what they are pining for, but give those other users what they want a sim, whether they are using a wheel or a pad, that's why I bought the damn game otherwise I might as well go back to 'Forza' and buy my Xbox1 back. Thanks SMS!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, OctoberDusk06, venquessa

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    [QUOTE=Photonmonkey;1190191]Yeah, issue is there are a lot of pad users that actually did embrace patch 6.0 regardless of some comments, so I don't want my experience dumbed down just because I am on a pad. Give those struggling the option for 'arcade' physics as it seems this is what they are pining for, but give those other users what they want a sim, whether they are using a wheel or a pad, that's why I bought the damn game otherwise I might as well go back to 'Forza' and buy my Xbox1 back. Thanks SMS![/QUOT

Had you stopped playing it till patch 6.0 then, as it was just arcade before?

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Photonmonkey View Post
    Sorry, won't make me happy, I am a sim racer who actually can handle a pad and want sim physics with no 'baby' assists, give me patch 6 tyre heating back please! Let me decide if I want to buy a wheel, don't force me to because some users cannot handle a pad!!!!!!!! Sorry rant over!!!!
    'Some' folks would say your not really a sim racer using a pad full stop. Do you drive your road car using a pad? Another thing most pad users use "float behind car view"

Platform
    PC
    No idea whether it got broken in patch 7.0, but the Ariel 300 has LOD transitions way too close to the camera.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following user likes this Post: timgreen

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    No idea whether it got broken in patch 7.0, but the Ariel 300 has LOD transitions way too close to the camera.
    Not sure what you mean? (sorry i'd be classed as 'casual' player even though i'm on PC as dont have much spare time)

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Googled it, no problem, i see now.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by timgreen View Post
    Not sure what you mean? (sorry i'd be classed as 'casual' player even though i'm on PC as dont have much spare time)
    Quote Originally Posted by timgreen View Post
    Googled it, no problem, i see now.
    You can use the edit button for things like this rather than double posting, keeps the forum tidier!
    Founder Member of Revolution Sim Racing - Forum Thread - Website
    Steam :
    Pamellaaa
    My Rig:T500RS w/ Load Cell Brake Pedal, 599XX Rim, TH8A Shifter, Fanatec Handbrake, i7-3770K @ 4.3GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM (2x8GB), Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980, Sandisk 480GB SSD, WD Green 2TB HDD, Panasonic 42" Plasma TV, 5.1 Separates System, Windows 10 Pro
    The following 2 users likes this Post: t0daY, timgreen

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamellaaa View Post
    You can use the edit button for things like this rather than double posting, keeps the forum tidier!
    Sorry, been in the 'tyre discussion' thread mainly since joining so learned bad habits! Its anything but tidy in there.. lol.