Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAST RACING NEO

Banned
    Platform
    PC

FAST RACING NEO

I know Project Cars will perhaps get a bit of competition but Pc is a car sim, Frn is a rally game (something like that?).

Anyways, I'm excited!

Platform
    PC
    There is no real comparison between the two games. They target completely different audiences and even if a Project CARS player were interested in FNE it would still not be a real threat to Project CARS.

Me, I am one of the people interested in F-Zero... I mean Fast Racing Neo. But it isn't competition to Project CARS to me.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand
    The following user likes this Post: ReadingRich

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Whoa, its like I am back in the 90's watching Wipeout 2097!
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce
    complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Silraed, Sir Quacky

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    There is no real comparison between the two games. They target completely different audiences and even if a Project CARS player were interested in FNE it would still not be a real threat to Project CARS.

Me, I am one of the people interested in F-Zero... I mean Fast Racing Neo. But it isn't competition to Project CARS to me.
    While that is true, I did explain their differences. Project Cars is a community project made by different types of people, Fast Racing Neo is made by Shi'ien (however you spell it).

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Quacky View Post
    While that is true, I did explain their differences. Project Cars is a community project made by different types of people, Fast Racing Neo is made by Shi'ien (however you spell it).
    Who developed them and what method was used to develop them makes no difference to the fact that the only thing they share in common is that you try to beat another person to an end point. They may as well be in completely different genre of game.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

The funny thing is, I saw people quoting this as an example of how Project CARS should be possible on the Wii U... seems the tyre physics may be a little simpler on this

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 16G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content
    The following user likes this Post: Silraed

Platform
    PC
    Burnout looks like a sim compared to this

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    The funny thing is, I saw people quoting this as an example of how Project CARS should be possible on the Wii U... seems the tyre physics may be a little simpler on this
    While that may have been true, it was unfair for the racing fans, so the team should go and announce a port for NX to let gamers know they still care.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Quacky View Post
    While that may have been true, it was unfair for the racing fans, so the team should go and announce a port for NX to let gamers know they still care.
    when there are concrete details about the hardware and if N decide to actually produce something that is both practical and at least as powerful as the current gen, I'm sure SMS would be more than happy to port PC1 and PC2 to it.. at the moment, it's just speculation and vapourware.. and you can't make plans or do any porting to that.

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 16G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    when there are concrete details about the hardware and if N decide to actually produce something that is both practical and at least as powerful as the current gen, I'm sure SMS would be more than happy to port PC1 and PC2 to it.. at the moment, it's just speculation and vapourware.. and you can't make plans or do any porting to that.
    It's not, Nintendo announced they were leasing dev kits.