Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE

Hi folks,

I'm driving the GTE at the moment, thought we might collect some setups (haven't found another thread for GTE). I felt that the stock setup makes the car understeer entering the corner and oversteer getting out of some corners or even in the center of a corner. I tried to rebalance the car for a more neutral handling in all stages of cornering, some might want to have a little more oversteer at the exit, but I'm loosing the car too often if I increase the diff lock or the rear swaybar.
    I've only done a setupfor Silverstone GP, but there is still potential in damping I think.

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/193443177

Anyone got some more Setups for that car?

Best regards,

wolowizzard (frinkyak in the game)

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    http://projectcarssetups.eu/

Is a good place for finding setup
    Board: Asus P8Z77V CPU: I5 3570K oc@4.2 Cooler: Scythe Mugen 3 rev B GPU: Asus GTX 980 Strix RAM: 16 GB G. Skill
    PSU: SeaSonic X-Serie 660W HDD: WD Green 1Tb SSD: Samsung EVO 500GbCase: Coolermaster HAF 922 RED OS: Win 10 x64
    Monitor: LG35UM95-P 3440x1440@60Hz) VR: Oculus CV1 Wheel: Logitech G27 Cockpit: GTomega Pro Connection:Fibre 100/100

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftdel View Post
    http://projectcarssetups.eu/

Is a good place for finding setup
    I know, I linked it . It's not that much on there for the GTE, that's why I started this thread. Maybe we'll fill the database up a bit.
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I think if you look up TonyR you will Find some setups and if you go to his YouTube channel you find some guides about setting up Aston martins
    Board: Asus P8Z77V CPU: I5 3570K oc@4.2 Cooler: Scythe Mugen 3 rev B GPU: Asus GTX 980 Strix RAM: 16 GB G. Skill
    PSU: SeaSonic X-Serie 660W HDD: WD Green 1Tb SSD: Samsung EVO 500GbCase: Coolermaster HAF 922 RED OS: Win 10 x64
    Monitor: LG35UM95-P 3440x1440@60Hz) VR: Oculus CV1 Wheel: Logitech G27 Cockpit: GTomega Pro Connection:Fibre 100/100

Platform
    PC
    Yup but is driving GT3 aston not the v8 GTE

Platform
    PC
    I have some setups for this Car but its not good at all. The Car is really slow mate

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SVK_Duchi View Post
    I have some setups for this Car but its not good at all. The Car is really slow mate
    Only in regards of top speed. Acceleration is about the same and cornering is way quicker than the other GT3 cars. It is also more stable.
    On the Nordschleife for example, you may loose time against the Aston V12 GT3 from Hatzenbach to Adenauer Forst and on the Döttinger Höhe, but you will clearly be faster trough the twistier parts of the track.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    Yup thats True but overal is really slow mate. GT3 im faster for about 1,5-2 seconds a lap with no asists. I dont know where im loosing that time but i cant get faster

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just to let you know, I found another 1.5 seconds in the dampers and improving the line, so 2:04 is possible for me at Silverstone GP. I think that's not bad, having a look at the TT tables and knowing that I'm far from being a brilliant driver. I don't see the GTE being a slow car at all. Maybe topspeed, but acceleration, brakes and cornering is quite finde.
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

Platform
    PS4
    Iirc Jussi talked about these GTE cars having better aero efficiency.
    Maybe dropping down force and chasing straight line speed is the wrong way to go about these cars.
    I found more down force stabilised the cars and maximising braking worked for me. Being so nicely balanced, the Aston GTE can get on the power really early coming out of corners, and I have much more confidence on the exit.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10