Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    good post hkraft, the gte also has far superior tire wear and fuel usage also compared to the gt3's. If you running a 5 lapper, yea its slow(unless its a smaller tighter track). If you running proper endurance races which its made for than it will give any gt3 a run for its money and if you have accelerated tire wear it will gain alot on the other cars by not having to pit as much. Its not all about speed.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Scoobydude46

Platform
    PS4
    I got the ideas from Jussi
    These are endurance machines. Its not just lap times: too many of us have to leave that mindset to consider our options in terms of endurance races.
    I'd pick the Aston GTE over the GT3 too. Much more a race car feel and athleticism to it.
    The better range in tyre and fuel I feel gives it the advantage over a race distance. That said, judging by lap times the GTE are ultimately .5-1 second faster in qualifying.
    GT3s are easier to set up and feel faster straight off the bat. GTE maybe takes more time to get in the zone?
    I couldn't drive it like a GT3 car either - that approach was slow. Push it. It has the grip.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

Platform
    PC
    Is it still slower after patch 7 that fixed the camber? That's surprising! I thought for sure that this thing being a corner monster, would benefit in spades from the camber fix!

Computer
    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-GAMING 5 | CPU Intel Core i7-4790K @4 GHz, Turbo @ 4.40GHz | RAM Kingston HyperX Predator Beast 2x 8GB DDR3 @2200MHz CL11-13-14 | Graphics 2x Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING 4Gb in SLI | Sound ASUS Xonas Essence STX | OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    Hardware
    Rig Obutto r3volution | Screens 3x 24" Eizo Foris FS2434-BK @ 5840 x 1080 | Earphones BeyerDynamic DT770 - BeyerDynamic DT990 | Wheel bases Fanatec CSW v2 - Fanatec CSW v1 - Fanatec CSR Elite | Rims BMW rim (2100g, 320mm) - Formula rim (1210g, 2800mm) - Universal Hub + QSP flat touring 300 leather (1600g, 300mm) - Universal Hub + OMP corsica alcantara (1600g, 320mm) | Pedals Heusinkveld Engineering Sim Pedals Pro - Fanatec CSR Elite

Racing experience
    PC Project Cars - NFS Shift 2 - NFS Shift - NFS Pro Street | Assetto Corsa | Raceroom Racing Experience - Race 07 with all expansions - GTR 2 - GTR - GT Legends | F1 2011 - F1 2010 - Dirt 3 | Next Car Game | GRID AutoSport | Juiced | Viper Racing
    Xbox Forza 4 - Forza Horizon - Forza 3 PS3 Gran Turismo 5 - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Ferrari Challenge, Trofeo Pirelli

Need a setup? http://projectcarssetups.eu/ - My setups: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/byuser/RimanDk - Jussi's (OEM) setups: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/byuser/Jussi
    Everything about the setups website here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ll-your-setups

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RimanDk View Post
    Is it still slower after patch 7 that fixed the camber? That's surprising! I thought for sure that this thing being a corner monster, would benefit in spades from the camber fix!
    Afaik the camber fix was mainly to cut down the top speed advantage of 0 camber.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Afaik the camber fix was mainly to cut down the top speed advantage of 0 camber.
    Yeah, but the Aston GTE was also limited to -0.9 degrees of camber back then which was slower than running 0.0 the other cars were capable of, so it could have balanced things out a bit.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Only in regards of top speed. Acceleration is about the same and cornering is way quicker than the other GT3 cars. It is also more stable.
    On the Nordschleife for example, you may loose time against the Aston V12 GT3 from Hatzenbach to Adenauer Forst and on the Döttinger Höhe, but you will clearly be faster trough the twistier parts of the track.
    Yeah,and in real life you would be faster everywhere...

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowoff View Post
    Yeah,and in real life you would be faster everywhere...
    There's very little difference in the lap times of GTE and GT3 cars when both are running in their own series (when GT3 runs directly against GTE like in ELMS with the GTC classification the GT3 cars are heavily pegged back and limited to create a gap between the classes), sometimes GT3 cars are even faster, and based on what I've read about the tyre regulations for series like WEC, TUSC, PWC and Blancpain, and comments on the tyres that are used normally I'd say the GTE tends to have better rubber most of the time IRL, whereas in the game they're running on the same tyre compounds.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    My best with the GTE at Silverstone GP is 2:02.66 compared to 2:00.7 with the BMW M3 GT. Both times were during free practice while looking for my best setup. Considering that both of these vehicles are supposed to run in game against GT3. There's no way that's possible with the delta on that Aston.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by e23belen View Post
    My best with the GTE at Silverstone GP is 2:02.66 compared to 2:00.7 with the BMW M3 GT. Both times were during free practice while looking for my best setup. Considering that both of these vehicles are supposed to run in game against GT3. There's no way that's possible with the delta on that Aston.
    Dude, I got a 2.01 done at Silverstone and I hate Silverstone.
    If I would work a little more on my pace and my Setup, I would get a 2.00 (maybe under 2.00 aswell...).
    Its not impossible.

For example: Im very fast in the Z4, but Im too stupid to get a good lap with the SLS.
    Why??
    Because they are two totally different cars and both cars handle different, so... : )
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bradleyland, Invincible

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Okay, I'm a little confused. Did some setup work for the GTE on Nürburgring GP, drove it for two hours, felt fine, drove fine, but was slow, now using the RUF RGT-8 GT3 I'm 1.6 seconds faster, almost out of the box (litte tuning, maybe 10 laps of practice). And that's quite similar on other tracks. Maybe the GTE doesn't suite me as well as I thought it would, or my setups were total shit :-D.