Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Project CARS Xbox One Patch 7.0 Release Notes

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by 2pfspiff View Post
    Ran a 30 lap race with 30 cars at Sonoma. No issues and the tire physics seem to be fixed. Did not heat up like in patch 6 and the wear seems to be spot on. Ran meds up from and softs in the rear. By lap 22 I had about a 1/4 left in the fronts and about an 1/8 left in the rear.
    I'd have to disagree on this. I am finding that post patch I can now run pretty much flat out lap after lap, pushing as hard as I can all the time with no fear of overheating my tyres and therefore causing greater tyre wear. My tyres never do more than go to the slightly darker shade of green no matter what I do and since the patch I have not seen any tyre overheat at all which to me is just not how it should be. I want to feel that I have to adjust my style for driving throughout a race to cater for the way the tyres heat and wear rather than being able to go flat out from start to finish. Did a test at Obershleben and there was such a marked difference between the pre-patch and post patch tyres. Pre-patch was much more how I liked it with the challenge of managing tyres whilst still tryingot post fast laps.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Flat_out, OctoberDusk06, TheReaper GT

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractured Life View Post
    Also shows the build in the bottom left of screen, if not from main menu then at least from options menu
    All I see on the lower left of any of my screens is like a footnote describing what that screen is showing. I forgot to look at the games & apps screen in the Xbox dashboard last night.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    I'd have to disagree on this. I am finding that post patch I can now run pretty much flat out lap after lap, pushing as hard as I can all the time with no fear of overheating my tyres and therefore causing greater tyre wear. My tyres never do more than go to the slightly darker shade of green no matter what I do and since the patch I have not seen any tyre overheat at all which to me is just not how it should be. I want to feel that I have to adjust my style for driving throughout a race to cater for the way the tyres heat and wear rather than being able to go flat out from start to finish. Did a test at Obershleben and there was such a marked difference between the pre-patch and post patch tyres. Pre-patch was much more how I liked it with the challenge of managing tyres whilst still trying to post fast laps.
    I won't argue with you that the tire model in patch 6.0 made it more realistic than 5.0 or 7.0 for that matter. But the 6.0 patch was a little over the top with tire heating. I would run 3 laps without really pushing the car and my tires would be red. Now I know in real life they are going to heat up if pushing the car, but 6.0 was overkill. I learned to adjust my driving style to cool them down so I was able to manage my tire wear. I just don't think it was realistic. It definitely needs to be toned down some what. I will agree after some further driving that the 7.0 tire physics need some more adjustment (Leaning towards 6.0 physics than 7.0 physics), but it seems that SMS already is in the process of correcting this for Patch 8.0.

I personally think SMS is doing a pretty decent job (not perfect) of trying to get Pcars as good or as close to PC quality as they can. There is a lot more involved with coding for a console like XB1 and PS4 then there is for the PC (in my opinion). I will say that I think they could have waited a bit longer than they did to release it to get the bugs worked out, but then again they probably wouldn't have found half the bugs that have plagued if it wasn't for the community playing this game and pointing them out. I hope they can get Pcars to the point of bug free before they push out Pcars2. Either way, I am not going anywhere. This game is truly the best console racing game that I have ever owned (And I own it for both XB1 and PS4). It is pushing me to build a Gaming PC so I can not only get Pcars for PC, but try other Sim racing games Ac, Rfactor2 and Iracing. I am also planning to have a sim rig setup in the next couple of years..
    PS4 (Spiff2pf), T300 servo base / XB1 (SpiffPF2), TX458 / Sony 55" 4K HDR LED / Next Level Racing Wheel stand / T3PA Pro Pedals (Ricmotech load cell) / 599xx EVO Rim / Rally Wheel Add-On Sparco R383 Mod

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I learned to adjust my driving style to cool them down so I was able to manage my tire wear. I just don't think it was realistic.
    If you were on mediums or hards I'd say you would have an argument, but if on GT softs, that second sentence is swallowed up by the first.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by OctoberDusk06 View Post
    If you were on mediums or hards I'd say you would have an argument, but if on GT softs, that second sentence is swallowed up by the first.
    I was running on Mediums. I was burning up the soft tires to fast. I race in an endurance league (not that I am good) and when running the Sonoma GP track for 60 laps, I needed to pit about 4 times with the soft compared with 2 times and careful driving with the mediums.
    PS4 (Spiff2pf), T300 servo base / XB1 (SpiffPF2), TX458 / Sony 55" 4K HDR LED / Next Level Racing Wheel stand / T3PA Pro Pedals (Ricmotech load cell) / 599xx EVO Rim / Rally Wheel Add-On Sparco R383 Mod

WMD Member
    I was running on Mediums. I was burning up the soft tires to fast. I race in an endurance league (not that I am good) and when running the Sonoma GP track for 60 laps, I needed to pit about 4 times with the soft compared with 2 times and careful driving with the mediums.
    At a track like Sonoma, with all those fast sweeping bends, I'd expect soft compounds to overheat and wear rapidly unless you not were pushing like a nutter and/or the track temp was towards the pCARS lower limit of 16C (rather than the typical ~35C track temp).

Even mediums would need some tyre management IMO, posting time trial-esque laptimes lap after lap in a race should punish the tyres.

Patch 6 was not the real issue IMO, it was a user issue, exacerbated by those users overdriving on gamepads.
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z
    The following user likes this Post: OctoberDusk06

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm glad they rolled back the overheating of the tires.. but they needed to scale the tire wear so Soft's don't last as long as Medium's or Hard's. Sonoma is a good example as I've done a bit of testing there being in the same league as 2pfSpiff. Pre Patch v7.0 Soft Tires were overheating for aprox 10 laps running race pace and lasting aprox 18-20 laps. Medium Tires would take longer to heat up run consistent lap times and would not go Red but would show discoloration and last aprox 30-33 laps. Hard tires wouldn't overheat at all run consistent lap times albeit 1.5-2 seconds off the pace but last aprox 40 laps. Why can't we have scale-able wear based on abuse of the tire. Basically have tire physics so running Soft's doesn't prove to be an advantage every time. Soft's should be used only for Sprint races, and qualifying in GT3. That's all we really want. Race pace will be at more of a realistic pace if on Mediums or Hards.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts