Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Return to P Cars

Banned
    Platform
    PC

Return to P Cars

Well last night we had 8 of us online and thought let's give p cars another go. First race we left the room open to try and get s few more racers in, so we set a practice of 15mins, every time anybody joined the suffered major lag, to the point every one crashed of track. We ended that idea and went private lobby. Started it of again one of the lads then had the speed up slow down effect when breaking. He hard reset his Xbox. So we started again on Mojave the second layout on list 17 corners 3.5 Mile track. Race started 2 of us got drive through penalties, OK where is the pits, oh there isn't any, so 2 of us got disqualified. Right then one last race Dtm on Watkins glen. Went to setup ffb would not save settings tried 3 times, not the only one in lobby to suffer this, even though I got settings saved for this car on all tracks. After a night of messing about on p cars the lads have decided it's back to forza again, sad but true. My question to sms is how come after 6 months your game is still littered with bugs, some as basic as it gets, setup saves. Game breaking lag on multiplayer when people join. This game could be the best racer on Xbox by a country mile but at the moment it's got to many faults in it.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Be careful about exposing the current state of things, the mods may SMITE you!!!

I feel a sadness when I realize what potential SMS has squandered on XBOX. Bugs of this nature this far into the games life makes me feel like my trust has been violated.

The fierce passion I have for this game displaced all love I had for Forza, now that I have pushed Forza out of my life, I'm left holding my @&%$%# in my hand, as I now have no solid option for a consistent hardcore simracing experience on XBOX ONE.

I can't believe i spent many years in anticipation of this game, only to have my hopes and trust crushed under SMS's foot like an ant on the sidewalk.

The sadness really runs deep SMS!!!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Well i must say that i totally understand the frustrations that you have for this game because it really has the potential to be the best racing game on the xbox but with these game breaking bugs it's going to be dust on a shelf, more space on your hard drive and it saddens me to say that forza is now the game everyone starts first and not because it's a better racer but because it's so much more stable and playable with groups online but also forza has it's problems with bugs and you will find people looking elsewhere for their driving fix so if sms got the finger out and made us aware that these bugs will be fixed sooner rather than when pcars 2 comes out who knows we might get back the best racing sim game I've ever played and be happy. There's no game like this and i hope it gets fixed. Come on sms give us a stable online racer career can do one i want wheel to wheel action from corner to apex with some quality driving friends not avatars or ai. Please please please please please fix this awesome bug ridden game please with sprinkles on top.

Platform
    PC
    Probably best to wait for patch 5 to drop, some of the posts on PS4 side seem to suggest that online was more stable

Also if you have access to Xbox preview that might be worth a whirl as the screensaver issue and wheel not registering on dashboard seem to have been fixed in yesterdays update. I haven't downloaded yet but will be doing later and all in all the experience is a lot slicker and the sound stutter seems to be a lot less for some users
    CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 32GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:to suit | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:100 | Nat DMP :25| Nat FRI: 005|brF:50| F.EFF.INT:100
    Sim Lab P1 Rig| Fanatec DD2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Cheers for the heads up. On a different note plugged tx wheel back into laptop but this time put it into boot mode and reinstalled v50 software and seems to work better now. Using that link you gave us to steering wheel settings and the 66% settings. I am on preview program but not gone for it yet, did have a little look yesterday but backed out again. If wheel issues Are fixed I will go for it. I do think that p cars should be in a much better shape than it is at the moment after 6 months and 4 patches, how can you get a drive through penalty and there's no where to drive through. Who tests this game before they release things new and old.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I used to have these issues really bad, I unistalled the game, reinstalled it and it ran a lot better. I now have a lot of fun on this game. I know it's time consuming but it's worth a shot so spread the word to your friends that have had the issues you have had

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nwrlchargerl View Post
    I used to have these issues really bad, I unistalled the game, reinstalled it and it ran a lot better. I now have a lot of fun on this game. I know it's time consuming but it's worth a shot so spread the word to your friends that have had the issues you have had
    No ,ive uninstalled the game and reinstalled 5 times,doesnt change anything unless you have some kind of corrupted data... You are getting the placebo effect...

Tottally unfortunate this game has so many problems. It COULDVE been the best racer to date.. They essentially released a beta work in progress and in 5 months still dont have it NEARLY finished.. Unfortunately they lost a strong base of players to forza because the game works to the extent that you dont have to reset this do this cross your fingers and hope...Now another patch was just released on other platforms that from reading on those forums is horrid...
    The following user likes this Post: RTA nOsKiLlS

Superkart Pilot OpticalHercules's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    The only thing of note I saw in the patch 5 notes was the fix to tire selection when pitting and using auto on your tune, and the couple pit entry/exit boundary/penalty issues.

I can live with most of the bugs that have been mentioned in this thread. I've lived with them thus far, I can continue to deal with them going forward. The big issue for me is this data file corruption. I asked 5 days ago in the other "From Bad to Worse" thread for a response from SMS on this. This issue has existed since Day 1 and has never, ever been acknowledged by SMS. What is the point of investing time into 1/4 of the game's offering (career) if you're going to lose it on some random day for no reason you can identify? It's happened 5 times to me. What is the point of investing so many hours into building that perfect tune for x-car on x-track if that data is going to be wiped away on some random day for an unknown reason, unless you write down the tune by hand or in some sort of data file completely unrelated to SMS or PCars?

Over the last 5+ days I've spent quite a bit of time playing other games that I've neglected since PCars release. I have to admit that the time spent there just playing those games without having any nagging worry in the back of my mind about working around this bug or that defect, without making sure that I shut down the xbox in the proper order every time, without debating myself on doing a hard reset this time I boot the xbox or not has altered my perspective on these issues quite a bit from my stated position a week ago. I'll still work around those other bugs going forward just as I have been for the last 5 months, but the constant worry in the back of my mind about whether what I accomplished in the last x-hours will still be there the next time I turn on the game is really getting to me. I don't think it's any longer something I can easily deal with. The time spent doing other things where I didn't have those worries was just too enjoyable.

I sincerely hope something is done soon about the corruption issue. At the very least, acknowledge that it is a real problem and provide us some progress on how you're dealing with it. Even if it's not fixed for some time to come, acknowledging it as a problem is still a step in the right direction. In 5 months of this problem, we haven't even had that much.
    Apparently I'm a Muppet Fanboy! ...whatever that means.

North American Casual Racer Association -- Come join us any night!
    http://nacrassociation.proboards.com
    The following user likes this Post: BiggNasty187

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by rtazz17 View Post
    No ,ive uninstalled the game and reinstalled 5 times,doesnt change anything unless you have some kind of corrupted data... You are getting the placebo effect...

Tottally unfortunate this game has so many problems. It COULDVE been the best racer to date.. They essentially released a beta work in progress and in 5 months still dont have it NEARLY finished.. Unfortunately they lost a strong base of players to forza because the game works to the extent that you dont have to reset this do this cross your fingers and hope...Now another patch was just released on other platforms that from reading on those forums is horrid...
    So I was just imagining that I was getting hurrendous lag and frame rate issues?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    The only thing I am not happy about atm with project cars is the lobbies, getting into lobbies. Or not enough lobbies open. The game is dying in online mode, seen it happen before. You go online and see the same 2-4 lobbies open with the same hostage the same people in the lobby. I for one like meeting new people and racing against different racers.