Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: DIY ButtonBoxV2 How-To and Sketch for the Community FOR FREE

  1. #21
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    7
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GForce View Post
    Don't know how I could have overlooked this V3 version.
    Unbelivable your development with the Joypad and all the LED! Very great work!

    Only one little thing..... the Labels.
    Have you ever thought about exchanging them with some self printed Icons and labels instead of "P-Touch" Labels?

    Keep up the great work!!

    Cu
    GForce
    I didn't even see the thumb stick until you said this. What is it for Memoric77? Is it providing the vibration?

  2. #22
    Superkart Pilot memoric77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Bochum, Germany
    Posts
    147
    Platform
    PS4
    You can use the stick for the in-game menues. up, down, left, right and "enter" when you press it. Not really usefull, but it works . You can use it for other funktions up, down für brakebias etc. . And cause its analog it works like this: vertical range <500 press key "left", range >500 press key "right", the same for horizontal. So you´re able to separate the range, 500-600 key a, 601-700 key b. 701-800 key c etc. . I only wanted it to try it out. But I sold this one, building up a new one :

    The vibration is provided by a small 3v vibration motor. Easy to wire, works like a LED. Turn it/the PIN "HIGH" will let vibrate it, use a delay(250) to let it vibrate 1/4 second and turn it out "LOW".
    Put the pedal to the metal
    PSN ID: memoric77 | http://www.simracingliga.de/
    PS4 | SAMSUNG 55" UE55F6500 | Playseat Challenge + DIY Bodyshaker, Buttonbox & Gearshift & Tablet Holder |
    FANATEC GT3 RS V2 (FW 756) + CSP V2 PEDAL + SHIFTER https://youtu.be/lupNXmrUchc
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GForce, Ivan Dumalovski Janjusic


  3. #23
    Superkart Pilot GForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    @Home :-)
    Posts
    552
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by memoric77 View Post
    You can use the stick for the in-game menues. up, down, left, right and "enter" when you press it. Not really usefull, but it works . You can use it for other funktions up, down für brakebias etc. . And cause its analog it works like this: vertical range <500 press key "left", range >500 press key "right", the same for horizontal. So you´re able to separate the range, 500-600 key a, 601-700 key b. 701-800 key c etc. . I only wanted it to try it out. But I sold this one, building up a new one :

    The vibration is provided by a small 3v vibration motor. Easy to wire, works like a LED. Turn it/the PIN "HIGH" will let vibrate it, use a delay(250) to let it vibrate 1/4 second and turn it out "LOW".
    Cool, thanks for the update on this!

    Cu
    GForce
    PCars on PS4 with G29 Wheel, G27 Shifter and a DIY Bluetooth Botton Box on a Playseat Evo Top Gear edition

    Playseat Challenge for Sale - Shipping within Germany, France, Switzerland possible -> PM me if interested!

  4. #24
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    25
    Platform
    PS4
    Brilliant work, I envy you :-).
    The following user likes this Post: memoric77


  5. #25
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    585
    Platform
    PS4
    Would you mind sharing how u wired the switch that allows heights and flash lights. How many flashes does it flash when hit? Is it programable? Sorry for so many questions. Awesome work.

  6. #26
    Superkart Pilot memoric77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Bochum, Germany
    Posts
    147
    Platform
    PS4
    Have a look at this, it´s the lower right switch:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160104_172541.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	225500

    It is a DPDT switch ( “Double Pole Double Throw”) and the light flashes permanent until you switch it of.


    Code:
    if (key == '9') {                                  //Headlight -> Flashlight blink (cant use toggle switch)
                blink = true;                                  // Blink the LED when pressing the key 9.
            }
    
     if (blink){                                  //Headlights -> Flashlight blink
            Keyboard.press(0x39);
            delay(100);
            Keyboard.release(0x39);
            delay(100);
            }
    
     if (key == 'A') {                                   //Headlights On/Off (cant use toggle switch)
                digitalWrite(ledpinA0,!digitalRead(ledpinA0));
                ledpinA0_state = digitalRead(ledpinA0);        // Remember LED state, lit or unlit.
                
                Keyboard.press(0x39);
                delay(50);
                Keyboard.release(0x39);
                 
                 if(blink = true);{
                    blink = false;
                 }
            }
    Put the pedal to the metal
    PSN ID: memoric77 | http://www.simracingliga.de/
    PS4 | SAMSUNG 55" UE55F6500 | Playseat Challenge + DIY Bodyshaker, Buttonbox & Gearshift & Tablet Holder |
    FANATEC GT3 RS V2 (FW 756) + CSP V2 PEDAL + SHIFTER https://youtu.be/lupNXmrUchc
    The following user likes this Post: GForce


  7. #27
    Superkart Pilot GForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    @Home :-)
    Posts
    552
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by memoric77 View Post
    Have a look at this, it´s the lower right switch:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160104_172541.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	225500

    It is a DPDT switch ( “Double Pole Double Throw”) and the light flashes permanent until you switch it of.


    Code:
    if (key == '9') {                                  //Headlight -> Flashlight blink (cant use toggle switch)
                blink = true;                                  // Blink the LED when pressing the key 9.
            }
    
     if (blink){                                  //Headlights -> Flashlight blink
            Keyboard.press(0x39);
            delay(100);
            Keyboard.release(0x39);
            delay(100);
            }
    
     if (key == 'A') {                                   //Headlights On/Off (cant use toggle switch)
                digitalWrite(ledpinA0,!digitalRead(ledpinA0));
                ledpinA0_state = digitalRead(ledpinA0);        // Remember LED state, lit or unlit.
                
                Keyboard.press(0x39);
                delay(50);
                Keyboard.release(0x39);
                 
                 if(blink = true);{
                    blink = false;
                 }
            }
    Yeah, memorics work here is really awesome!

    Cu
    GForce!
    PCars on PS4 with G29 Wheel, G27 Shifter and a DIY Bluetooth Botton Box on a Playseat Evo Top Gear edition

    Playseat Challenge for Sale - Shipping within Germany, France, Switzerland possible -> PM me if interested!

  8. #28
    Superkart Pilot memoric77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Bochum, Germany
    Posts
    147
    Platform
    PS4
    WIP

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160129_011502.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	226247

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160129_074948.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	226248
    Put the pedal to the metal
    PSN ID: memoric77 | http://www.simracingliga.de/
    PS4 | SAMSUNG 55" UE55F6500 | Playseat Challenge + DIY Bodyshaker, Buttonbox & Gearshift & Tablet Holder |
    FANATEC GT3 RS V2 (FW 756) + CSP V2 PEDAL + SHIFTER https://youtu.be/lupNXmrUchc
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GForce, YANNLEBLANC


  9. #29
    Superkart Pilot GForce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    @Home :-)
    Posts
    552
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by memoric77 View Post
    WIP

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160129_011502.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	226247

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160129_074948.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	226248
    Nice and clean work as usually!
    Respect!!

    Cu
    GForce
    PCars on PS4 with G29 Wheel, G27 Shifter and a DIY Bluetooth Botton Box on a Playseat Evo Top Gear edition

    Playseat Challenge for Sale - Shipping within Germany, France, Switzerland possible -> PM me if interested!
    The following user likes this Post: memoric77


  10. #30
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    7
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by memoric77 View Post
    Hi Community,

    as part of the construction of my previous ButtonBox versions I've put a lot of time and work and learned quite a bit and are constantly getting new ideas through the Community. Everything has startet with a conventional keyboard that I've taken apart and starting with 0 premonition. Each of you has the fun of do-it-yourself and be happy about the result, I would recommend yourself to build a box. There are anyway copies of the functionality and design, then I can also publish background informations . That is why I publish at this point my Arduino sketch, he's the trick to the whole magic .

    In the future I would like to read into the Arduino WiFi Shield on a UDP data and processing, but here I am asked on the knowledge of the "real Brains" in the community. As the saying goes: give and take, one hand washes the other . So if someone intends equal and knows how to do it (so far I have not yet experimented with the Arduino WiFi shield) , please contact me .

    Have fun!
    memoric77

    Special function:
    - screenshot
    - flashing headlight
    - vibration on special buttons
    - lot of working LEDs ...

    Works on every system which supports native USB-Keyboard (PC, PS4).


    Arduino Sketch (the final one):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...DNGbHNUT2xObkk

    Switching Scheme (older draft to understand how it could be!):
    Attachment 223922

    Newer one, ButtonBoxV2:
    Attachment 225263

    Picture of my "ButtonBoxV1":
    Attachment 223920

    Picture of my "ButtonBoxV2":
    Attachment 223921

    Demo of my "ButtonBoxV2":


    How-To-Video "ButtonBoxV1":
    i tried uploading this sketch and got an error message saying:

    compilation terminated.
    exit status 1
    Error compiling.

    would you mind passing on your current sketch and wiring diagram?

Similar Threads

  1. Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition (Free) - Just Released
    By MikeyTT in forum Third-Party Apps & API Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-03-2016, 19:47
  2. Free Practice & Community Events Linked?
    By C4RL05_D4NG3R in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-07-2015, 11:30
  3. Races every night, clean racing, fun community, free events with cash prizes
    By kjs994 in forum PS4 - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2015, 07:59
  4. Pure Racing Community - New Community, Easy To Sign Up!
    By PureRacingCommunity in forum Multiplayer
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-05-2015, 10:33
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-05-2015, 22:17

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •